Official THN Gameday Thread: Redskins vs Jaguars

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:41 pm

dmwc wrote:Brunell gets mad respect for that throw... i just hoipe they dont need any more stiches

I can't stand him and that was an AWESOME pass. NO room for error. On the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:42 pm

Champsturf wrote:
dmwc wrote:Brunell gets mad respect for that throw... i just hoipe they dont need any more stiches

I can't stand him and that was an AWESOME pass. NO room for error. On the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowww.... :lol:

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:42 pm

It was an inspirational TEAM win. If there is a way to re-start the season, this is it!
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:44 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Champsturf wrote:

Wowww.... :lol:

Hey, I give him credit when he deserves it, and with that pass, he deserves EVERY bit of respect from me. Unlike the first one to Moss. It was all MOss the first time.

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:47 pm

If you can't be there, nothing better than seeing a game like that on HD. One word, Wowsers!!!!!!!!!!
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:53 pm

Champsturf wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:
Champsturf wrote:I really wasn't baiting anyone. I'm serious. I don't like Brunell at all, but Campbell must be awful. That is the only thing I can think of.

It's also possible that you are unreasonably biased against Brunell. . .

How so? What has he shown you since the first Dallas game LAST year? And that was only two GREAT passes at the end of the game.

Sorry, checked out to catch the 2nd half before I saw this.

Since the first Dallas game last year, eh? Well, I'd say that Brunell has "shown me" good-to-very-good-to-awesome performances in the following games since then:

Seatle (week 4)
Denver (week 5)
Chiefs (week 6)
San Fran (week 7)
Philly (week 9--tough win)
Tampa (week 10)
then the 5 in a row run that took us to the playoffs.

This year, we've seen Houston, and now Jags. Since the Dallas game of last year (20-game stretch, I think), I'd say that Brunell has had good performances in probably 13 of them, and has really only botched maybe 2-3 games. The other ones he was relatively unimpressive to mediocre. (Side note: if you add Dallas and our opener against Chicago, that goes up to 15 out of 22 good-to-great, and still 2-3 horrible games).

The other ones were anywhere from bad to horrible, but the blame for them can be passed around as easily as you are likely to pass praise around for the victories. I suppose it's a matter of perspective, but then again I was the crazy person from a couple of weeks ago when we were 0-2, and I still had faith in Brunell, right? ;)
Last edited by Irn-Bru on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:58 pm

Where's all the haters at?

A monumental win for this team aginst not only a GOOD Jags team, but a good Jags team that came ready to play today.

O-line just dominated again. :rock:

CP - 112 yards - first to go over 100 against JAX this year - 28 more receiving

How about the line on SuperMoss? Four catches, 138 yards, 3 touchdowns. :shock:

There's an awfffful lot of crow that needs to be eaten around here. This wasn't some crappy win against a bottom-tier team, this was a very tough, gritty win against a playoff team. Other than that opening disaster by Brunell, he was just workmanlike again today. It doesn't matter how you get' em, when you put up 300+ yards and a 'W' against that JAX effort... and you're a beleagured QB, you hold your head high.

I don't care how unbelievable Moss was today, my game ball goes to the guy who threw it to him three times. He overcame a lot to put up this performance today and it's a testament to how strong a person he is. First class effort from Mark Brunell and I hope some of you at least retract the finiteness of some of your statements about him. You can take no more from two good performances in a row than two bad, but you definitely can't say the guy's totally washed up. He commanded an offense that put up 976 yards in the last two games. Outstanding.

Moss was all World again today, but Brunell showed that he has exactly what he did last year that took the Redskins into the playoffs... leadership and an ability to play within himself.

i'm sure it still won't be enough for some of you, but hey, you deserve the misery...

To my brothers that are enjoying this wonderful victory..... hiccup... salut!!!
Last edited by BossHog on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:59 pm

How about that o-line, Boss? I was so proud of our guys up front today!
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:02 pm

Like I said, they dominated... just like last week. And against a mostrous d-line.

I'm just gonna go and write an article before I've had too much liquor.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:03 pm

I will admit that I don't have faith in him, but he did a great job when needed this game. I hope this game, mostly the last pass, gives him the confidence he needs to be able to play well the rest of the year.
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:08 pm

485 Total yards against JAX? Manning didn't do it. Somebody out there today must have been doing something, But BH has already giving us the stats!
Last edited by SCSkinsFan on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Hog

Postby ArizonaHOG » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:12 pm

Yea...game balls to the O-Line for dominating against a tuff defensive front seven.

Oh my....Hail Victory.

We are right back in this thing.

Driver....make room on the bandwagon....there will be a bunch of people wanting on board this week.
Last edited by ArizonaHOG on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beat Dallas!!!

Hog

Postby redskingush » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:15 pm

Great game today, I was a little disapointed in losing a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, but something to work on.

The offence seems to be firing on all cylinders, maybe we should have started training camp in June, then we could be 4-0 right now :D . I've said it many times my feelings toward Mark Brunell and they havent changed, I still think he will be the death of this team, but he put up a great effort today, here's to ya Mark :up:

The Defence found a pass rush today and made some big plays when needed. Tackling was a little suspect but again something to work on.

A few weeks ago everybody was panicing, myself included, I will not apolagize for that, it was time to panic, so to everyone who paniced after Dallas I say good, It seemed to light a fire under this team and they fired of 2 good wins and put ourselves rightback into things.
GO SKINS GO!!

Hog

Postby GibbSkins » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:16 pm

good game
"These are the times that try men's souls......Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." --Thomas Paine

Hog

Postby ArizonaHOG » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:18 pm

We should note....the offense bailed the defense out today. Last year, it was the opposite most days. And special teams were solid, except for one return.
Beat Dallas!!!

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006