Official THN Gameday Thread: Redskins vs Jaguars

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:18 pm

redskingush wrote:A few weeks ago everybody was panicing, myself included, I will not apolagize for that, it was time to panic, so to everyone who paniced after Dallas I say good, It seemed to light a fire under this team and they fired of 2 good wins and put ourselves rightback into things.

You and others may have been in a panic, but I wasn't nor were many members of this site
RIP Sean Taylor

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:21 pm

Fios wrote:
redskingush wrote:A few weeks ago everybody was panicing, myself included, I will not apolagize for that, it was time to panic, so to everyone who paniced after Dallas I say good, It seemed to light a fire under this team and they fired of 2 good wins and put ourselves rightback into things.

You and others may have been in a panic, but I wasn't nor were many members of this site

I dont know if I panicked but I was surely pissed off at a few positions.

I think we all realized how important these past two games were to our season.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:22 pm

Best Win Of The Year and Game Ball goes to MOSS not Brunell. Ok Brunell's first int ...someone explain that one to me? How about our 2 min drill before halftime? not exactly PManning. But hey today is a day of celebration and I am truly extatic to be 2-2! If Brunell brings home a victory from new york not only will I retire the use of "boonell" I will order a MB Jersey! ok maybe not, but still GREAT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Jags are widely considered a top 5 team so whats that say about us? We Want Dallas, We Want Dallas, We Want Dallas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAIL

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:24 pm

We really have good reason to be looking to getting a W in NY next weekend., but let's step back and really take this win in and enjoy it. Having it end in our favor really made for a great day.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:27 pm

GIANTS ARE GOING DOWN!!!!!
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

Postby JPFair » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:33 pm

Haven't checked the rest of this thread, so apologies if it's already been mentioned. But, with all the kudos that will go to Moss, Brunell, and Portis, let's not forget to give some kudos to John Hall. He seemed a little more consistant and was boomin the ball today. He didn't even come close to missing, and he made some clutch kicks. I hope this is a sign that all of his injury problems and the nightmare against Minnesota are behind him. Kudos to Hall today!!!!
Sit back and watch the Redskins.

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

Hog

Postby GibbSkins » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:36 pm

Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!
Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,
Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!
Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!
Hail to the Redskins!
Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath!
Fight for old D.C.!
"These are the times that try men's souls......Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." --Thomas Paine

Hog

Postby MtSherwood7 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:39 pm

my game balls go to: offense: the offensive line, moss, brunell, portis
special teams: hall, rock
defense: the defensive line
coaching: al saunders
'Skins 2005 Superbowl champs... crazier things HAVE happened!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:09 pm

Im hanging around trying to savour every last second of this win.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:14 pm

It was like a new team today. Portis being back to 100% changes the offense completely. Finally, a win vs. a quality opponent. The momentum coming off this game is going to be huge. The NYGs are in disarray and are going to get punched in the face next week!!

Hog

Postby GibbSkins » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:18 pm

i just want to say that im super glad for the win!!!!!
and also say that i think brunell is a class act...say what u will...( and ive said a few things too)....but he is a leader....i hope and pray that jason camble is taking this time to learn ..........and pick up some of brulles good points.....hail
"These are the times that try men's souls......Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." --Thomas Paine

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:52 pm

What a great win!

I loved the fans screaming and yelling all the way out of the stadium.

Now we need to focus on NY and get back to above 500 football.

HTTR HTTR
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

####

Postby JPM36 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:07 pm

How much fun was that???
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

Postby JPFair » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:19 pm

How bout that scene in the end zone after Moss made the big catch? And people were worried about our "lack" of team chemistry!!!! HAAA!!!!! The way that team looked united should dispel all those nasty rumors!! This team has as much chemistry as any team in the league, if not more.
Sit back and watch the Redskins.

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

piggie

Postby wbbradb » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:38 pm

What an awesome amazing win! The O-line was completely dominant on almost every play. The Jags stacked the line abut it didn't even matter! Brunell was fantastic. ALL the wide receivers block--I don't think I've ever seen a team like that, not in a long, long time.

The defense deserves a lot of credit for shutting the running game down. There were only a couple mistakes... For an overtime win, the score really doesn't reflect how much we took it to them! Everyone made the plays they had to.

And how bout my man Golston!!?!? AWESOME JOB! And all those Carter haters better eat their crow too.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006