Official THN Gameday Thread: Redskins vs Jaguars

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005

Postby JPFair » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:43 pm

Even Archuleta started to show signs that he's getting a frim grasp on the defense. If this defense can stick together until Springs and Salavea come back at 100%, they're going to be every bit as good as they were the last two years, if not better.
Sit back and watch the Redskins.

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:05 pm

The greatest game I have ever seen!!!
#21 = Forever in our hearts

####

Postby JPM36 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:45 pm

Was it the best game ever played at that stadium?

As someone who has been to almost every Redskins game played there, I will say yes it was.
R.I.P. Christopher Wallace (May 21, 1972 - March 9, 1997)

R.I.P. Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 - November 27, 2007)

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:50 pm

BossHog wrote:I don't care how unbelievable Moss was today, my game ball goes to the guy who threw it to him three times. He overcame a lot to put up this performance today and it's a testament to how strong a person he is. First class effort from Mark Brunell and I hope some of you at least retract the finiteness of some of your statements about him. You can take no more from two good performances in a row than two bad, but you definitely can't say the guy's totally washed up. He commanded an offense that put up 976 yards in the last two games. Outstanding.

You know what's scary???

Th team is just starting to "get it" after four games, and in the past two games are averaging 33.5 points per game.

The Redskins....33.5!!!!! :shock:
Back and better than ever!

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:45 am

JPM36 wrote:How much fun was that???

It was awesome !! Sure makes for a GREAT MONDAY MORNING !!!!!!!
:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:46 am

JPM36 wrote:Was it the best game ever played at that stadium?

As someone who has been to almost every Redskins game played there, I will say yes it was.

I don't know, bro. The thumping of Dallas last year was out of this world!!!! This one was certainly more exciting, but completing the sweep of the 'Pies was primo. My 2 cents

Postby JPFair » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:03 am

Sean Taylor had a monster performance yesterday. I saw him lay some vicious hits on several Jags. Yesterday was one of his best games overall. He was always where he needed to be, tackled exceptionally, and made some key hits. The guy's a beast!!!
Sit back and watch the Redskins.

SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:18 am

Just now chiming in from having to watch the game on tape.

Crow, table for one ... I'll take mine with a mango salsa, thank you.

Even though I still wish they had started 'working on it' in preseason, it's clear they have things where (or darn wel close to where) they need to be.

My game ball goes to the D-line. Big-time step-up.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

####

Postby JPM36 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:46 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:
JPM36 wrote:Was it the best game ever played at that stadium?

I don't know, bro. The thumping of Dallas last year was out of this world!!!! This one was certainly more exciting, but completing the sweep of the 'Pies was primo. My 2 cents

The game against Dallas last year and the wildcard game against Detroit a few years back were the most enjoyable I'll admit that.

But in terms of just a great football game between TWO teams that both showed up ready to play, yesterday's game was the best I've seen.

Classic football game.

My game ball goes to the O-Line who did a great job against an awesome Jaguars front four.

And obviously Santana Moss...I mean....what can you say?? The guy is amazing.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:58 am

JPM36 - Agreed....on all counts.

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:22 am

JPM36. Yes. O line game ball with out a doubt. All the hype was the jags D line and stopping portis, "He wont see daylight" but oh how our O line prooved them wrong.
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:41 am

JPM36 wrote:And obviously Santana Moss...I mean....what can you say?? The guy is amazing.

What can I say? Not much more than Joe Gibbs did yesterday:

Jpe Gibbs on Santana Moss (WR, #89):
"The guy couldn't be a better playmaker and I don't know who is in the NFL. Every time he gets the ball in his hands, it's a threat to have him go with it."
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

####

Postby JPM36 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:41 pm

Redskin in Canada wrote:
JPM36 wrote:And obviously Santana Moss...I mean....what can you say?? The guy is amazing.

What can I say? Not much more than Joe Gibbs did yesterday:

Jpe Gibbs on Santana Moss (WR, #89):
"The guy couldn't be a better playmaker and I don't know who is in the NFL. Every time he gets the ball in his hands, it's a threat to have him go with it."

Leave it to Coach to put it perfectly.

There's nothing else to be said about Moss. He is the man.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:49 pm

Just finished watching video highlights of the game. Wow - some great plays from both teams. Moss is astounding. :D

What the highlights can't show you though, is the job done by the o-line and by the defence. OK, the D is still getting hit by big plays, but I think they turned it up a notch or two yesterday, against a heck of a good football team.

And let's hear it for Mark Brunell. Last week was dink and dunk. This week, there was a hell of a lot more dunk than dink!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:13 pm

The defense had one of their best games last night. The Jags have a good offense, and Leftwich's play was inspired. As a result, leftwich and Reggie Williams made plays. The defense went hard and Leftwich just avoided the pressure and made amazing throws.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006