the giants

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

the giants

Postby TincoSkin » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:23 pm

next week is a whole new game.

Im so happy with the way we played and with our victory BUT we need to improve if we want to face the giants next week.

This is a divisional game folks. We need to stop the penalties, though we did way better this week. We need to put the clamp down in the 4th, we havnt done that yet. And we need to stop explosive passing plays, which seems to be our major weakness. Maybe springs can help with that when he returns.

The question for everyone is,
What do we need to do to improve and how should we prepare for the Giants Divisional game?
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:31 pm

The team doesn't need to change anything now - Portis being back has been huge for the offense, and even the defense seems inspired now. The pressure on Leftwich was huge this week - that made a world of difference in helping out the secondary.

The Giants are in disarray after that beatdown by Seattle last week. Players are sniping at the coach, and they're looking to be on the verge of collapse. We should be able to take 'em.

Hog

Postby skins2357 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:01 pm

pressure was good yes, bu the secondary did get burned in the pass. Leftwich is not a top tier QB and he burned us today. We need Springs back!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:05 pm

I can't wait for Lavar to fall further into mediocrity after this game. Cooley is going to run him ragged, look for Cooley to be a key cog in next weeks game.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

CowboyHater

Postby kkryan » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:10 pm

Where is the troll...Elachie or whatever his name is???? Guess he isnt too confident now!!
Death to all things remotely BLUE and SILVER!!!!!!!!!!! Hail Skins

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:38 pm

his name is ejaculate
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

~~~~~~~~~~

Postby air_hog » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:08 pm

Man, I am pumped for the Giants next week!

It just sucks that we'er playing them after their bye week so they had 2 weeks to get ready for us.

All I want is the win. No hard feelings for LaVar, just a big fat win, in NY.
joebagadonuts on IsaneBoost's signature:
-- "I laughed. I cried. Better than Cats"

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:28 am

i think if we beat NY next week, their season is over. they will be 1-3 and in complete meltdown mode.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:07 am

skins2357 wrote:pressure was good yes, bu the secondary did get burned in the pass. Leftwich is not a top tier QB and he burned us today. We need Springs back!

Some times you have to give your opponent credit…Leftwich made two phenomenal plays when the Redskins brought a safety. Williams made two circus catches and Lloyd’s fumble made this game a lot closer than is should have been.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:18 am

DEHog wrote:
skins2357 wrote:pressure was good yes, bu the secondary did get burned in the pass. Leftwich is not a top tier QB and he burned us today. We need Springs back!

Some times you have to give your opponent credit…Leftwich made two phenomenal plays when the Redskins brought a safety. Williams made two circus catches and Lloyd’s fumble made this game a lot closer than is should have been.

Yes, I couldn't believe Leftwich's performance under heavy pressure. And those catches--both on the same, 4-play drive, were unreal.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:00 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
DEHog wrote:

Yes, I couldn't believe Leftwich's performance under heavy pressure. And those catches--both on the same, 4-play drive, were unreal.

Yeah, credit due where it's due.

Leftwich played incredibly well, make some really accurate throws. I know Randy Cross (mega-idiot Randy Cross) kept talking about how he was throwing them in tight spots, but that's accurate. And some of those catches were fantastic by Williams (especially the one for the TD where Taylor almost took his head off).

I think our secondary played pretty well. I know that sounds wierd to say it, but it's not like you saw a lot of guys running wide open often (except for that damned TE crossing pattern that's been gutting us). Though whomever decided Lemar Marshall should be single covering Maurice Jones-Drew on that 51 yard TD, should be shot.

Edited to add, what's funny is I went on the JAX fan forums. And a lot of people are calling for the Jags to draft or acquire a better QB than Leftwich, calling him "average" or "mediocre". When the game was over last night, all I came away with was that he is a hell of a quarterback...

swine

Postby Dishgeek » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:29 am

PulpExposure wrote:I know Randy Cross (mega-idiot Randy Cross) kept talking about how he was throwing them in tight spots...

I haven't yelled a t the TV that much in ages. What a freakin' moron.

Hey Cross-idiot, you can't see the ball at all in that replay. Triplett got it right for a change, now shut the ___ up.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:56 am

Dishgeek wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:I know Randy Cross (mega-idiot Randy Cross) kept talking about how he was throwing them in tight spots...

I haven't yelled a t the TV that much in ages. What a freakin' moron.

Hey Cross-idiot, you can't see the ball at all in that replay. Triplett got it right for a change, now shut the ___ up.

Yeah. You know what, it probably wasn't a fumble. I'm willing to say it almost 90% WASN'T a fumble.

But you need conclusive evidence to overturn a call. And no one could find a shot that showed anything near that. So the call stands.

I'd stand by this if it happened to the Skins. I'd be pissed, but the rules of the game are the rules of the game.

swine

Postby Dishgeek » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:03 am

PulpExposure wrote:Yeah. You know what, it probably wasn't a fumble. I'm willing to say it almost 90% WASN'T a fumble.

Agreed, but you know what? Betts' knee was not down on that third-down play, and there was clear visual evidence that it wasn't.

And the Jags should've been called for delay of game at least twice more than they were.

And that was offensive pass interference on the Jags with a 5-yard face mask thrown in for good measure.

Official screw-ups usually wash out even. I do hate Triplett and his crew, though. They seem to make a lot more mistakes than others. Wasn't triplett the guy that blinded a player in one eye a few years back?

Hog

Postby Tacoma Redskin » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:17 am

PulpExposure wrote:
And the Jags should've been called for delay of game at least twice more than they were.

Glad someone else noticed that. I was going nuts watching the clock at ZERO and the ball still under center.
Last edited by Tacoma Redskin on Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006