THN Tailgate - Green Lot A75

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
DM's #1 fan

THN Tailgate - Green Lot A75

Postby SkinsChic » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:58 am

Was great to see Niki, Scott, Jackson, Dan and Brandon, etc., etc., etc, ...but also some new faces - ChrisHanburger and friend. Glad you could make it. Was nice to finally meet you. Isaac's food was great as usual. Weather was awesome...and the game ended up to be the best !

We've got tailgate pics...will get them to Boss probably this evening so he can post them.

Looking forward to the next one on 10/15/06 - first...we have to go to NY and take care of the "little" giants. :lol:
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:53 pm

Yep, it's definitely great to get together in a social setting like that. Throw in the free food, and I can't think of any reason not to go.

I'm not sure why more people don't come. I can only assume that when people hear that the food is free, they assume there is a catch. I assure you, there is no catch. If someone doesn't want to come out because of that, just pretend it costs 15 bucks and buy a T-shirt. :lol:

In all seriousness, come on out people. To get food, all you have to do is get in line. Just give it a try one week and I guarantee you will walk away wondering why you never tried it before.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:00 pm

What kind of turn out are you all getting?
Back and better than ever!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:15 pm

It's different every week, but when Isaac's agreed to cater last season, I envisioned 50 people a week. We are no where near that.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:30 pm

Another thing that might scare people away is what type of stuff you have.

You can have 100's of different things while tailgating from greasy (but delicious) bratwurst to BBQ chicken and pasta salad.

Of course, not everyone is picky as me... but still.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:36 pm

BBQ chicken? Chicken, ribs, beer, and beef. Ahhhh, that's the stuff.I bet that stuff is good - please send me food. :lol:
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:42 pm

It's different every week, and I've made arrangements to get the menu on Wednesday each week, so we can let poeple know, but who doesn't like filet mignon or gumbo or sausages, brats and kielbasas?? :hmm:
RIP 21

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:49 pm

Tazlah prefers spiders
RIP Sean Taylor

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:50 pm

JansenFan wrote:It's different every week, and I've made arrangements to get the menu on Wednesday each week, so we can let poeple know, but who doesn't like filet mignon or gumbo or sausages, brats and kielbasas?? :hmm:

Gat dang!

That sounds like a hell of a spread for a tailgating party.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:53 pm

We serve like 70 people every week, but it seems like THN is a small percentage of that, and THN is the reason the food is there in the first place.
RIP 21

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:57 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:BBQ chicken? Chicken, ribs, beer, and beef. Ahhhh, that's the stuff.I bet that stuff is good - please send me food. :lol:

1.) Chicken, Pork, Beef and beer... the four major food groups. That's a nice similarity between our two countries.

2.) Would it still be good by the time it got to the UK?

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:10 pm

JansenFan wrote:We serve like 70 people every week, but it seems like THN is a small percentage of that, and THN is the reason the food is there in the first place.

What time do you start serving? The few time(s) that I've been there, I've seen nothing but scraps. I was starting to think everyone hid the food before I got there. :oops:

Granted, I don't tpically spend 3 hours before kickoff at the park, but, with an idea of how early one needs to be there to enjoy all that Isaac's has to offer, Id make it a point to arrive with enought time to clog my arteries. :up:

Seriously, people, for those of you who make it to the game more often than good ol' TRO (i.e. season ticket holders), DO try to make it out there. It certainly sounds like THN can feed a small army, and best of all, for free!!!!

Eat well. Support the tailgate. :up:
Back and better than ever!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:19 pm

The food is generally ready to go an hour and a half after the parking lot opens. As an example, the parking lot opened at 1215 this week, and the food was ready at 130.
RIP 21

Hog
Location: Canton, MA where you can drive your 'cah' to the 'bah' for a 'Budweisah'

Postby ChrisHanburger » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:02 pm

Great seeing everyone again! The food was awesome like last time. Everyone should make an effort to go by the tailgate. See ya'll on the 15th!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:12 pm

I haven't ate food from Isaacs at the tailgate that I didn't like.

There is no reason for no one to come.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006