Keys to Win on Sunday???

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

Keys to Win on Sunday???

Postby roybus14 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:48 am

Fellow HN r's,

What are your keys to victory on Sunday??? Please Share. Here are mine:

1. Open the game with a big smack on Burress from the "Tarantula" to get him thinking about footsteps. Burress is known for getting alligator arms after taking a big hit.

2. Open up the playbook again and take advantage of the light DEs and their willingness to rush up field with draw plays and then soften up the middle with Sellers. Run, Run, Run......

3. Take advantage of Lavar's "free-lancing" by going mis-direction to get him to step out of his lane and miss the play going the other way.

4. Pressure Manning early and often with different looks and pressure from the ends. Manning is not very good on the move and when he has to step up to avoid the rush. He is a cool customer but if we show him different looks, we can fluster him.

5. Stuff Barber and make him think. Attack the ball when he is carrying it to get him thinking fumbling again.

6. Tackle, tackle, tackle..... Especially on the run with Barber and Jacobs running the ball.

7. Attack the middle of field with Cooley, Randle-El, Patton, and Portis to open up the edges for Moss and Lloyd.

8. Go down the field early and often.

9. Win the Special Teams Battle with good returns and good punts.

10. Just punch them square in the mouth all day like they did the Jags....
Sean Taylor - 1983-2007 R.I.P.... Forever A Skin.....

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:56 am

1. Establish the run early, to open up our passing game.

2. Stop their running game.

3. Limit Burress to under 100 yards.

4. Few penalties.

5. No turnovers.

6. Throw a lot of passes to Portis in the flat since L.A. will likely be playing out of position and not be able to stop him.

7. Good pass rush - getting 4+ sacks.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

swine

Postby Dishgeek » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:32 am

Exploit the weak secondary. They're ranked 29th in passing yards allowed per game. They went to nickel on every down against the Colts in the second half of that game, and Peyton still tore them apart.

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:40 am

It's going to be about running the football and slamming the door once we get a lead. The Redskins almost let the Texans back in the football game and blew second half leads to the Vikings and Jaguars, while the Giants made that incredible comeback against Philly and rallied for 27 fourth quarter points against Seattle.

That means the offensive line and our secondary are going to have to step up late.
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

Hog

Postby USAFSkinFan » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:40 am

Stop Tiki and Plaxico and the rest will take care of itself...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:55 am

Basic football!

Stop the run and establish the run.

Block and tackle.

Be more intense and play smart.

We will win this game this week.
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

Robert has to make a huge effort to show he's got what it takes to be a future great QB - we need the real RG3 not the hyped version

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby HailSkins94 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:09 am

Take the run away and make Eli beat you. He won't do it, he hasn't yet...
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

piglet

Postby artMonk » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:52 am

I think the main thing is stopping Tiki Barber. We also have to run it up the gut like Joe Gibbs football, also we should pass some short routes to Santana Moss and let Moss bust a move on the Giants defense. I have freinds that are Giants fans and I want to be able to taunt them when I see them....so they have to work exactly as planned.....plus we can't have too many turnovers and we need to have good special teams. Hopefully we'll win the toss and we can score early.

You never know. 8)
Go 'Skins!

START UP THAT DEISEL!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:05 pm

I simply cannot wait to see Arrington get embarassed. We heard all summer about how he was going to be such a big deal for NY and he has fallen back into the folds of mediocrity. Now that reality has set in people are starting realize why are coaching staff wasn't sucking up to him. I think him for his time here and what he did for the CAP but facts are facts.

The fact the he lied on the organization really soured me to him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:39 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I simply cannot wait to see Arrington get embarassed. We heard all summer about how he was going to be such a big deal for NY and he has fallen back into the folds of mediocrity. Now that reality has set in people are starting realize why are coaching staff wasn't sucking up to him. I think him for his time here and what he did for the CAP but facts are facts.

The fact the he lied on the organization really soured me to him.

Agreed.

I have a close friend who is a Giants fan. My friend has already gotten tired of all LaVar's talk with very few results on the field. I replied... sounds real familiar.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:17 pm

My keys (it's probably a good thing I'm not a coach):

1. Run the ball well.
2. No turnovers.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:25 pm

My key would be all about attitude. The Giants can't be feeling good about themselves right now. Keep it that way. Create plays that prevent them from getting any motivation early. If we can hit them in the mouth a couple of times early, they may fold by halftime.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:32 am

Score more points than they do. When that happens, we put ourselves in a better position to win.

Tell me you've never heard Madden say that.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:09 am

control tiki
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:15 pm

1. stop tiki barber most importantly, he killed us last year in New York.
2. Put pressure on Eli Manning, he blows when he has pressure. make him throw off his back foot
3.dont forget about amani toomer, he could sneak up on us
4.We need much better pass coverage than the past 4 weeks, way too many big plays we've given up already.
5.Use Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts A LOT to open up the long passes to santana moss and randle el.

those are mine. im hoping brandon lloyd can have a big game cuz i had really high hopes for him this season. he hasnt had any major plays yet except for that 33 yard reception last week. maybe the NY defense will focus on santana and that'll leave lloyd open.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006