Post game discussion here please - PG

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Site Admin

Post game discussion here please - PG

Postby admin » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:21 pm

I know the board will be hopping mad.. so do me a favor... I'm going to start two threads... this one for any civil discussion that might go on... and one in smack for people to speak their mind without any retribution...

Try to remember that you're welcome to say whatever you like... all we ask is that you put it in the appropriate place and follow the house rules.

Thanks.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:28 pm

Hi season. Meet toilet.

swine

Postby redskins-28 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:28 pm

What is our problem???? You can run and pass all over our defense with little or no resistance, we went from one of the best in the NFL last year to the worst this year..... what gives???

Our offense is just plain boring with the exception of a few plays every game. Screen pass, screen pass, screen pass etc. It's just SOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating, especially to lose at home..... to a team like this.

](*,) :lowblow:
Skins fan since birth!!!

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:29 pm

What is there to say? This team just isn't very good. The defense can't really stop the run or the pass. The offense looks All-World one quarter and abysmal the next. Injuries have played a big part in the defensive woes, but staying healthy is part of football.

Looking ahead, if we lose to the Colts, I think it's time to start Campbell. Not because all of this is all Brunell's fault, or because Campbell gives us a better chance to win, but because the team will be 2-5, and will probably need to go 8-1 to make the playoffs.
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:31 pm

I'm starting to wonder if Gibbs still has it anymore. He's 19-21 since he came back. That says it all.

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:33 pm

Steve Spurrier III wrote:What is there to say? This team just isn't very good. The defense can't really stop the run or the pass. The offense looks All-World one quarter and abysmal the next. Injuries have played a big part in the defensive woes, but staying healthy is part of football. Looking ahead, if we lose to the Colts, I think it's time to start Campbell. Not because all of this is all Brunell's fault, or because Campbell gives us a better chance to win, but because the team will be 2-5, and will probably need to go 8-1 to make the playoffs.

It was time to start Campbell at the beginning of the season. Brunell doesn't give us a thing 20-30 guys in this league can't do as good or better. Where are all the people who said "Brunell gives us the best chance to win now"? Where are the wins?!?! This is just pathetic.
Last edited by Mursilis on Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:33 pm

I have offically decided not to support Brunell this week. He has lost all of my confidence. The decisions he made today was a direct reflection of his lack of physical ability. I think that now is the time to move tward the Jason Campbell era or if Gibbs wants a vet then trade and get someone. Hell I don't care but I can not sit back and watch our team and see the QB cost us game after game. Not to mention the worst defensive performance I have ever seen in my life.

Hog

Postby thaiphoon » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:37 pm

Offense - We can't score consistently when we need to. We can't move the chains against the opposing teams when we need to with any consistency. Our QB keeps locking down on his primary receiver and throwing into triple coverage. We keep running stupid reverse screens on 3rd and long.

Defense - we can't tackle, cover, stop the run or anyone on 3rd down (no matter the distance even if its 3rd and 50 !!)

Other than that, we're Super Bowl bound baby.

In all seriousness... any talk of the playoffs by anyone should be quashed right now. Playoff calibre teams win at home against the Titans and the Vikings. We aren't there yet. We need to get a whole lot better and focus on winning just 1 game.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:43 pm

thaiphoon wrote:In all seriousness... any talk of the playoffs by anyone should be quashed right now. Playoff calibre teams win at home against the Titans and the Vikings. We aren't there yet. We need to get a whole lot better and focus on winning just 1 game.

Yeah, you hold at home, and you can go 2-6 on the road. Considering how badly the Skins traditionally play against the Cowboys in Texas, the Giants in New Jersey, and the Eagles in Philadelphia, that's realistic.

Us going 8-2 the rest of the season isn't. Especially if we can't beat the sad-sack Titans.

This was freaking awful. There is no other way to describe it. It's almost worse to lose to these guys than it would have been to lose to the Texans, because at least Houston had a QB who had played in the NFL longer than 3 games. My god. The horror.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:47 pm

i feel sick.

i'm at a loss for words. brunell sucks.

no run defense. i think i'll go :puke:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby reggiebrooks4life » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:56 pm

man, that was not good. not really sure where we go from here
I am the walrus...coo coo ca choo?

swine

Postby mulkey » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:00 pm

I'll tell you what i really don't understand. Why do you go Pass, Pass, Pass. Three and out with over 4 minutes to go. You have Clinton Portis, and from what little i saw of the game he looked to be picking up positive yards. We threw the bomb to Lloyd and now all of a sudden we have to throw every play. Our last four offensive plays were passes. Ridiculous. Another issue I would like to address is if Joe Gibbs retired today I pray that Greg Williams isn't the man to replace him. His defense for what ever reason has not stopped anyone for awhile now. It's all about what have you done for me lately. He ain't done jack... Now, i feel much better that I got that off my chest.
Hogs and Hoos

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:02 pm

I don't thnk Brunell sucked much worse than anyone else today... or last week for that matter.

Please don't misconstrue that as saying he didn't suck, he's played his way out of the job. I'm just saying that it's been abyssmal from top to bottom.

Who HAS played well?

Seriously.

It's easy to point fingers because truthfully... you can point a finger at amost every one of them. But there is some cause and effect to ALL of them playing badly. Hopefully that means that turning ONE element of their game around will make exponential progress... because right now, this team doesn't like they can beat anyone... let alone someone of quality.

I actually have not minded the decision to stick with Brunell to this point... I think if Brunell were playing like last year, it would be enough for this team to do much better. And I thought that he played well enough down the stretch to earn that right to start this season.

But I also think that he has now categorically proven that he ISN'T the same quarterback that finished last year. Is it injury? Is it age? Doesn't really matter. I think he's proven that he isn't going to win any games for the Redskins right now, and you may as well give the kid a shot. The team needs the spark.

Hopefully it will have the reciprocal effect of making the staff stick with the running game a lot more because in my opinion, bailing on the running game is causing this team huge problems offensively. You'd think that if your quarterback was struggling that you would go to Clinton Portis and put him in a position to win games for you. But they haven't done it yet... and they bailed on the run again today... maybe having Campbell in at qb helps get more run plays called to let him 'ease in'.

Man the two rookie defensive tackles struggled today too... made Travis Henry look all-world. Not having Corny and Salave'a proved very costly indeed. Golston and Montgomery just got slapped around.

I'll sum up by saying that while Brunell sucked, so did the defense, so did the play calling, and so did the special teams. That's how you bark up an 'L' to the Titans.

###

Postby redskindave » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:03 pm

This is aweful, We cant piss around with Brunell anymore, This joke has got to go, Im completely depressed over this loss, I hate to say it but our team is in deep trouble for the rest of this season
Hail To The Redskins!
Forty men together can't lose
Blaine Ohio home of Ohios biggest Redskin fan
Every man has to die, Not every man really lives

Hog

Postby thaiphoon » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:07 pm

Very true Boss...if you look, you'll see I've been saying much the same as you did. Everyone played poorly today.

Who HAS played well?

Do the cheerleaders count ??

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006