Post game discussion here please - PG

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 am

El Mexican wrote:The key word is "consistency".

Our defensive and offensive lack of consistency are reflective of what happens year in and year out personel-wise.

Right now we are looking a lot like those middle and late 90's Skins teams that every week invented news ways to loose. Absolutely exasperating games. Yet, when really wanted to win they comitted to the run.

The only two times I have seen these Danny-era Skins play with consistency was last year's five game winning strech and the last five games of the Marty era, when we finished 8-8 and looked inspired.

So, yes, we suck.

Oh, and one other thing: for all you fans who think we should fire Gibbs--try to make a bit more sense. Gibbs will NEVER be fired from Washington. Can you honestly fantom the animosity towards The Danny if he does that? The only way we see Gibbs go is if he walks out by himself.

i don't think anyone thinks gibbs ever WILL be fired.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:28 am

I have yet to see anybody name a candidate to replace Gibbs. You hear people want him fired but have no plan afterwards.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:05 am

wbbradb wrote:Whoever was asking about the play where Carlos Rogers didn't look back for the ball has to be more specific. Carlos NEVER looks back for the ball. I honestly don't know how you can ever expect to intercept a pass if you don't ever look for the ball. Kenny Wright looks much better than Carlos right now, and that's not a good thing.

Does anyone know how long that field goal would have been when we were around their 35 yard line with about 4 minutes to go and decided to punt? I don't know exactly what yard line it was, but I thought, you've got to try to get the points and at least tie it up...

My real point was that if his technique is to wait for the receiver to run by him and get two strides on him before he starts trying to catch up and cover him, then he will never have any idea where the ball is, and will continue to get burned. And Kenny the Cushion is always 2 - 3 strides of the receiver too. Jerry Gray needs to put some serious schooling on the DB's. Should have all been done in Pre-Season. And lastly, while ST is obviously a great tackler, it is obvious that he also lacks coverage skills. He is looking lost when he has to cover someone.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

piglet

Postby ClintonHill » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:30 am

Re: The lack of rush attempts against the Titans...

Does anyone else think the Titans were just stacking the line, daring us to pass deep? (which, of course, we can't do.) Something tells me Al Saunders knows the value of a good running game. But you can't run when teams don't respect the passing game. Right now we have no downfield passing game. All we have is screen passes that Santana sometimes takes to the house.

This leads us to Brunell, I guess. I think he's the reason we don't have a downfield passing game. I also think he never gets beyond Moss & Cooley in his progressions. It's very hard to get a passing game going when you never even look to your 2nd WR.

Basically stack the run and double cover Santana and you have us stopped.

Postby twocatscats » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:29 pm

It's not Gibbs who needs to be fired, it's Snyder. How do you have a payroll so fat with talent so thin you have Brunell, a borderline backup QB, as your starter? Why do you trade away a Champ Bailey? So we can watch him make world-class defensive plays every week for the Broncos?

I don't get it. :roll:

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:07 am

Gibbs wanted Brunell, not Snyder. Lately, Snyder has simply been writing the checks. If you're going to complain about personnel, complain to Gibbs.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

swine

Postby Judge » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:01 pm

Our team is a joke again.

All the good that was done last season (sweeping the Cowboys, winning five in a row to make the playoffs, and then winning a playoff game) has been turned into a very distant and fading memory.

They will be very lucky to win a total of five games at this point. The cellar of the division is theirs to lose.

So, how to fix it?

Well, I'm no expert, but...

Dump Saunders' offense.

Dump Brunell.

Get aggressive on defense again.

Quit taking STUPID penalties.

Those things sure wouldn't hurt. And since this season is already lost, they might as well tinker and experiment right now. No need to wait till training camp.

I'm past caring about them having a respectable record this season. I just want to see that they give a damn about the future.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006