Titans players say thank you...

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
---

Titans players say thank you...

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:57 am

The fans would probably be heartened to know that shouts of "thank you Mark Brunell" could be heard though the cinder block walls of the Titans' locker room before it was opened to the media yesterday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/15/AR2006101501130_2.html

Now thats pretty bad.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:43 am

I did not read the article CLL but that is mainly because I think that the WP reporting is going to be pretty creative and against the Redskins.
We are very fortunate to have Kirk Cousins, he's a good QB

It was great to see Robert showing that he's becoming a much better QB and what a problem he can be for a DC

HAIL

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:10 pm

If I was the Titans I would be thanking Boonell also. He was 5-16 in the second half, overthrew Cooley on what should've been an easy td, came closer to throwing the ball to their defenders than to ours, and then pretty much gave up on the game with that last int.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:33 pm

so i guess brunel will get a christmas card from the titans....cause he already gave them a gift yesterday.

this is truly hard to take at the moment..
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:50 pm

If true, seems like a pretty class-less act to me.

Hog

Postby SkinzCanes » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:07 pm

If true, seems like a pretty class-less act to me.

How is that classless? They did it behind closed doors and not in front of the media. I'm sure a lot worse stuff gets said in locker rooms. And it's not like it wasn't the truth.

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:34 am

Seems to me that if they're saying something like that loud enough to be heard through cinder block walls, they wanted people to hear it. I think most competitive people would also like to think they took something instead of something given to them so it just seems "off" to me.

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:56 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:If I was the Titans I would be thanking Boonell also. He was 5-16 in the second half, overthrew Cooley on what should've been an easy td, came closer to throwing the ball to their defenders than to ours, and then pretty much gave up on the game with that last int.

Just to mix it up......Wasn't that the EXACT same kind of INT that Ramsey STILL gets crucified for here? Saying he stunk up the joint throwing picks into (only) double coverage?

Sure....we're soooooooo much better off with Brunella :roll:

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:38 am

nnskinsfan wrote:If true, seems like a pretty class-less act to me.

You're darn right its classless! But, I don't care! If I were them I'd be saying it too!
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:15 am

Redskins Rule wrote:

You're darn right its classless! But, I don't care! If I were them I'd be saying it too!

Class-less? What sport do you think this is? This isn't figure skating, its football. I guess we have a team full of class-less players because they all talk some serious smack to opposing players.

Marcus
Sellers
Portis
Sean Taylor

Those are just a few off of the top of my head.

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:14 am

Yeah, if the Titans say anything else, they might hurt the Redskins players' feelings. The big meanies.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:37 pm

oh my god...
i just watched the game again.

early in the 2nd half, brunell heaved a deep ball to santana moss, who in all fairness did have maybe a step on his typical double coverage. the ball sailed just high and moss was unable to pull it down. we all knew this.

but as i was playing and rewinding, playing and rewinding, trying to determine if perhaps moss just didn't adjust to the ball well, if maybe he could've caught it (turns out the answer is "not very likely"), i noticed this little white blob at the top of the screen as the pass whizzed through the air...

there was another reciever (james thrash i believe) streaking COMPLETELY UNCOVERED down the middle of the field. and i mean, there was literally not a defender within 15 yards of him in ANY direction. first i thought it must be a ref, since he was so far away from anybody else. but nope. it would have been the easiest touchdown in NFL history.

instead, we punt.
brunell just doesn't even look at any other WR 90% of the time.

all together again, now, titans:
"THANK YOU MARK BRUNELL!"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:54 pm

joebagadonuts wrote:Yeah, if the Titans say anything else, they might hurt the Redskins players' feelings. The big meanies.

We dont want Renaldo Wyn to cry.

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:01 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Redskins Rule wrote:

Class-less? What sport do you think this is? This isn't figure skating, its football. I guess we have a team full of class-less players because they all talk some serious smack to opposing players.

Marcus
Sellers
Portis
Sean Taylor

I'm all for it during the game, it's part of the game. To me, after the game is different. There is such a thing as sportmanship even in football.

Just like in an interview recently with one of the QBs. The guy was talking about getting prepared to go into OT b/c the opposing team had moved well into field goal range and saying they thought they were going into OT. That to me, is sportsmanship and a class act. Of course, he could have said thank-you to the kicker for missing it but he didn't.

I also never said anything about being worried about Brunell or any other player hearing it (i.e. hurting their feelings). They'd probably just use it as motivation. I thought it sounded more like the media was just trying to stir the pot and when I first read the comment about them saying thank-you, I was thinking yeah, right, since I didn't believe it. But whatever, if they said it, I guess they felt they weren't good enough to win the game themselves and needed help from the opposing team and that's why I also questioned their competitiveness. I'd rather think I stole the game or made the play that sealed the victory, won the game or whatever, not that someone handed it to me. Maybe when you're 0-5 though, the mindset is different.

||||

Postby Redskins Rule » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:22 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Redskins Rule wrote:

Marcus
Sellers
Portis
Sean Taylor

:hmm: If you want to call Sean ripping someone's head off then jumping up and down talking smack as the reciever/ running back is still dazed.......If you want to call that a class act then you can go right ahead and call it one! :up:

Your post is making it sound like I think smack talking shouldn't be allowed. I don't think that way. Maybe if you had payed attention to the part of "I don't care" you would know that I don't care! duh!!!
Redskins Rule!!!

DUMP SI!!!

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006