Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
piggie

Postby CPallDAY08 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:51 pm

Ryan Clark, Walt Harris > AA and Kenny Wright/Mike Rumph

Lavar>Holdman

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:51 pm

Champsturf wrote:
NikiH wrote:He took this team to the playoffs last year. And in his last tenure it was not instant success. There were struggles. We are struggling now.

And Brunell is getting younger and healthier?

brunell played "his game" pretty well today actually. i'm sure the stats will reflect that (though i haven't looked at them).

the problem is, "his game" is not sufficient for an NFL offense unless you're playing houston or something. it is nowhere near sufficient with this poor defense we now have.

Hog

Postby FiveWidez » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:51 pm

NikiH wrote:
FiveWidez wrote:
NikiH wrote:It's not about supporting Brunnell. It's about attitude.

You called the coach of this team a loser, that's not venting it's rude.

You called the Manning's a family of liars....hahahha

I called them jerks. It's completely different. Oh and in case you haven't noticed this isn't a Colts message board, it's a Redskin's message board!

O sorry. Jerks is COMPLETELY different. You are the one that brought all this up anyway. Please don't respond to my comments anymore and please open your eyes to the fact that Gibbs is not Jesus, God, Muhamed, or Buddha. He is just a mab. A man who is being more loyal to a Player who has been a redskin for 3 years when so many of us have been rooting for this team for decades. We pay money and we spend time being fans and his loyalty to Brunnell is absolutely ridiculous.

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:51 pm

NikiH wrote:He took this team to the playoffs last year. And in his last tenure it was not instant success. There were struggles. We are struggling now.

By this point in Gibb's first term, he had a .75 win ratio, 1 Super Bowl title, and was on his way to a second Super Bowl appearance. By Gibb's third year, his team was 14-2, and I believe those two losses were by 1 point each. Gibbs I is nothing like Gibbs II. What are you talking about?

Hog

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:51 pm

DaSkins24 wrote:Last year looks more and more like a fluke.

It's called "lightning in a bottle".....we are in trouble
don't even

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:51 pm

[quote="NikiH"]No I was not saying we need to stick with Brunnell but there are two reasons why Gibbs will not say that now. First of all he will keep it quiet as long as he can for the purpose of the Cowboys prepartion for our game, secondly he's not tellng media/fans before he tells Brunnell. Gibbs is a stand up guy and he's not going to pull him without tell him before he hears it on the news.[/quote]

Really? Everyone knew when Ramsey didn't make it back in that game last year at Chicago, that he was done. REAL stand up!

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:51 pm

NikiH wrote:No I was not saying we need to stick with Brunnell but there are two reasons why Gibbs will not say that now. First of all he will keep it quiet as long as he can for the purpose of the Cowboys prepartion for our game, secondly he's not tellng media/fans before he tells Brunnell. Gibbs is a stand up guy and he's not going to pull him without tell him before he hears it on the news.
This I do agree with you. I do beleive Gibbs should make a change but it is best to first tell Brunell. Nice post.

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:53 pm

CPallDAY08 wrote:Ryan Clark, Walt Harris > AA and Kenny Wright/Mike Rumph

Lavar>Holdman
Can you go GM becuase the coaches seem not to realize this.

Hog

Postby DaSkins24 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:53 pm

1fan4ramsey wrote:
DaSkins24 wrote:Last year looks more and more like a fluke.

It's called "lightning in a bottle".....we are in trouble

Definitley. I am 25 and have only experienced 2 playoff Skin seasons that I was old enough to enjoy. This team is not very rich in history since '91.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:54 pm

The biggest problem with this team and its been this way since 1999. There is entirely too much turnover in our personel dept.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

+++

Postby NikiH » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:54 pm

FiveWidez wrote:O sorry. Jerks is COMPLETELY different. You are the one that brought all this up anyway. Please don't respond to my comments anymore and please open your eyes to the fact that Gibbs is not Jesus, God, Muhamed, or Buddha. He is just a mab. A man who is being more loyal to a Player who has been a redskin for 3 years when so many of us have been rooting for this team for decades. We pay money and we spend time being fans and his loyalty to Brunnell is absolutely ridiculous.

First of all I can reply to anything I want! Secondly, I did not say he was jesus or anything close. He is being loyal. That is trademark Joe Gibbs. It's time to pull Brunnell and he's not going to do that before he tells Brunnell, plain and simple.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:56 pm

brunell is giving his post game comments
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:56 pm

Mursilis wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:We are not playing well and it is not Brunell's fault. Brunell is not the sole reason for our bad play and until we fix the other problems he at least gives us a better chance than the other QBs.

And you know this how?

I am basing this on Gibbs. Just a hunch that I have that he knows a little bit more about who might give him the better chance to win. I think (just my opinion of course) that Gibbs thinks Campbell is going to be a really good QB but right now (for some reason he does not make this clear to some here) Gibbs thinks that Brunell gives him the best chance to win. That is based also on the really simple thought that Gibbs is trying to win!

Like I said I'd like to see Campbell but that is really up to Gibbs.
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:56 pm

Wow NikiH....am I actually hearing you correctly? Do you feel it is time to pull Brunell? Welcome to the darkside. Mwahahahaha. Come with us into the depths.

+++

Postby NikiH » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:56 pm

Champsturf, no they did NOT! Joe Gibbs hymmed and hawed for days about that. He refused to give a solid answer and he did that again leading up to a few other games. He does not show his cards if he can help it. I just hope the fans act like adults during the bye and do not force him to show his hand.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006