Official Gameday Thread: Skins vs. Colts

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:56 pm

B. Mitchell said on Comcast that Gibb's endorsement of Brunell in the post-game means we won't see Campbell next game. Might as well let Brunell get you a high draft pick.

+++

Postby NikiH » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:58 pm

dnpmakkah wrote:Wow NikiH....am I actually hearing you correctly? Do you feel it is time to pull Brunell? Welcome to the darkside. Mwahahahaha. Come with us into the depths.

I know Brunnell was not the only cause of this loss though. So don't expect to see Jason Campbell be a fix all. He will not be. Our defense has been off and it's not just an issue of talent they are just not clicking for some reason. We have some talent and Williams is usally good at exploiting it.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:59 pm

Artchuleta is a white Roy Williams. That being said, Roy is better than Adam, its a sad day indeed.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:59 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Mursilis wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:We are not playing well and it is not Brunell's fault. Brunell is not the sole reason for our bad play and until we fix the other problems he at least gives us a better chance than the other QBs.

And you know this how?

I am basing this on Gibbs. Just a hunch that I have that he knows a little bit more about who might give him the better chance to win. I think (just my opinion of course) that Gibbs thinks Campbell is going to be a really good QB but right now (for some reason he does not make this clear to some here) Gibbs thinks that Brunell gives him the best chance to win. That is based also on the really simple thought that Gibbs is trying to win!

Like I said I'd like to see Campbell but that is really up to Gibbs.

Brunell is 15-18 as a starter. He helps you win how? Gibbs just has a bias against young QBs - there's no RATIONAL reason to keep Brunell in there. The rest of the league knows it - Gibbs just doesn't want to admit it.

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:00 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Artchuleta is a white Roy Williams. That being said, Roy is better than Adam, its a sad day indeed.

B. Mitch just tore up AA on Comcast. Can't say he was wrong, either.

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:00 pm

NikiH wrote:
dnpmakkah wrote:Wow NikiH....am I actually hearing you correctly? Do you feel it is time to pull Brunell? Welcome to the darkside. Mwahahahaha. Come with us into the depths.

I know Brunnell was not the only cause of this loss though. So don't expect to see Jason Campbell be a fix all. He will not be. Our defense has been off and it's not just an issue of talent they are just not clicking for some reason. We have some talent and Williams is usally good at exploiting it.
No I completly agree with you. I think most people are smart enough to know that Campbell does not equal Super Bowl. But since we are losing with Brunell why don't we lose with Campbell and at least that we we can see if he is the future or not.

Hog

Postby DaSkins24 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:01 pm

I cant look at Brunell and not want to punch him in the face.

He is a thief.

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:01 pm

Mursilis wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Artchuleta is a white Roy Williams. That being said, Roy is better than Adam, its a sad day indeed.

Yea he did. BIG time.

Hog

Postby FiveWidez » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:01 pm

Brunnell seems like a nice guy but his time like many others has ended. We have to see if Campbell can play b/c if he can't we need to draft someone next year.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:02 pm

I can't even believe this bull. No, Brunell is not John Elway, but Jesus Kee riest he also doesn't decide to kick a G&6 D**&^ field goal with 10 minutes left, down by 20. WHY DOESN"T ANYONE SEE THE INSANITY OF THIS PLAY CALLING? The play calling got us there. The coaching staff's decision to let several good players leave, replacing them with higher paid, poorer playing replacements is ALSO NOT Brunell's fault.

MARK BRUNELL DOES NOT PLAY DEFENSE.....and apparently neither does Greg Williams defense in the second half. I don't care who the QB is, you can't expect him to score on every series.....unless of course he;s playing against Greg Williams defense.

I'm sick of hearing how Brunell let the Colts score 20 points in 10 minutes.

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:03 pm

FiveWidez wrote:Brunnell seems like a nice guy but his time like many others has ended. We have to see if Campbell can play b/c if he can't we need to draft someone next year.
I know. This needs to be done. We have young talent in Portis, Moss, ARE, Lloyd, and Cooley. We can't waste their young years away with an old QB who isn't going to take us anywhere.

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:14 pm

[quote="NikiH"]Champsturf, no they did NOT! Joe Gibbs hymmed and hawed for days about that. He refused to give a solid answer and he did that again leading up to a few other games. He does not show his cards if he can help it. I just hope the fans act like adults during the bye and do not force him to show his hand.[/quote] Ramsey could've played later in THAT game! I know, as well as a lot of other people, that Gibbs has his loyalty to his first, and worst pick, Brunell. I'm not saying that Ramsey was better (although I thought he would've been), but it was always obvious that Gibbs didn't like him

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:16 pm

dnpmakkah wrote:
Mursilis wrote:

Yea he did. BIG time.

What did he say?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:17 pm

How about we move the discssion to the post game thread. That way all post game comments aren't at the end of a 65-page thread.

thanks.

I've also started a thread in Smack for those that need to not follow PG decorum...

http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=285068
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:25 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
dnpmakkah wrote:
Mursilis wrote:

Yea he did. BIG time.

What did he say?

He basically said he was an awful pick-up who's just here for a pay-day, and can't cover. And if you can't cover, you're not a safety.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006