Official Gameday Thread: Skins vs. Colts

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
piggie

Postby Burgandyandglory » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:36 pm

DaSkins24 wrote:
1fan4ramsey wrote:
DaSkins24 wrote:Last year looks more and more like a fluke.

It's called "lightning in a bottle".....we are in trouble

Definitley. I am 25 and have only experienced 2 playoff Skin seasons that I was old enough to enjoy. This team is not very rich in history since '91.

I am old enough yet young enough to remember the Super Bowls wins led by Williams and Rypien. Those teams were amazing. One thing I see in this team that I see in those teams, are a great corps of receivers. The difference, Williams and Rypien threw to ALL of them. Not just one. Brunell is no Rypien, and he certainly isn't anything resembling a Williams.
Dallas Sucks, .................. and T.O. Swallows, .......... Pills

piggie

Postby Burgandyandglory » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:42 pm

NikiH wrote:
dnpmakkah wrote:Wow NikiH....am I actually hearing you correctly? Do you feel it is time to pull Brunell? Welcome to the darkside. Mwahahahaha. Come with us into the depths.

I know Brunnell was not the only cause of this loss though. So don't expect to see Jason Campbell be a fix all. He will not be. Our defense has been off and it's not just an issue of talent they are just not clicking for some reason. We have some talent and Williams is usally good at exploiting it.

I don't think anyone thinks Campbell is a fix all. But why not play him now? What have we got to lose? He can't be any worse than Brunell.

piggie

Postby Burgandyandglory » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:44 pm

NikiH wrote:
dnpmakkah wrote:Wow NikiH....am I actually hearing you correctly? Do you feel it is time to pull Brunell? Welcome to the darkside. Mwahahahaha. Come with us into the depths.

I know Brunnell was not the only cause of this loss though. So don't expect to see Jason Campbell be a fix all. He will not be. Our defense has been off and it's not just an issue of talent they are just not clicking for some reason. We have some talent and Williams is usally good at exploiting it.

Did you happen to hear B. Mitch on A.A.? A.A. didn't even want to play here, but came by to hear what the FO had to say, and after the contract they offered him, he couldn't pass it up. We should have let him catch his flight to Chicago.

Hog

Postby gus » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:44 pm

FiveWidez wrote:Brunnell seems like a nice guy but his time like many others has ended. We have to see if Campbell can play b/c if he can't we need to draft someone next year.

Pick a QB? With a 7th round draft pick, which is what I think is left for the Redskins for next year, after picking up the bag of stars that have the team at 2-5.
Hail to the REDSKINS, Hail VICTORY.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006