Post Dallas Mark Brunell Thread

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
~~
User avatar
Posts: 8446
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:12 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:34 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:So is any of what I said false? Yes or no.


Yes.

It was a pitch, and NOT a handoff to Portis on his TD run.

Dont strain your back attempting to pick up what's left of your credibility, CLL. :nana:
Back and better than ever!

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:39 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
cvillehog wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I thought Brunell played pretty well. We criticize him for not having a gunslinger mentality...then we jump on him for throwing a few balls in there that were risky.


Not risky throws, BAD throws. There is a difference.


You have an agenda...you're a chronic Brunell whiner. Tell me how a pass that is caught for a Touchdown, but fell just above a defender's fingers is a BAD throw.

Please draw the distinction between that throw and a bad interception ala Rex Grossman....the world awaits your contrived and negative response. :roll:


Dude, that ball was in the defenders hands but he couldn't grasp the ball. The ball slid out of his hands and cooley was in prime position to catch it.
The announcers even said he should have thrown the ball earlier.
I remeber the announcers saying that he didn't get enough arm on the ball.

It wasn't just one ball he underthrew. He underthrew the catch to Lloyd who made an amazing catch despite it being 4 yards underthrown. He underthrew the pass that Roy Williams failed to catch.

People aren't complaining for nothing, this cat almost threw for interceptions. He had great protection yesterday.


Wah wah wah....almost is only good in horseshoes and darts.

By the way, you're a Brunell hater, but last year all we heard was Defense Defense Defense....your stellar D just fell to 30th overall....yet you still blame Brunell for everything?

:roll:

Almost? C'mon you can do better than that. Brunell had one of the best TD to INT ratios last year, and he still does....so I guess the defenders have been "almost" catching his interceptions since 2005 huh?
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:44 pm

Oh, and since you want to conveniently use the "almost" argument...I will stoop to that level and play along.

Chris Cooley "almost caught a 30 yarder down the middle which would have been another completion and another 30 yards to Brunell's total.

Brandon Lloyd had another 30 yarder called back on a penalty.

So Brunell "almost threw for 250 yards, just as easily as he "almost" threw 4 interceptions.

Just be fair and balanced....thats all...right now, you're not. And wasn't Troy Aikman calling the game??? And you're quoting what he said ? And we were playing the Cowboys?

Oh, yeah Micheal Irvin picked us to lose....you believe him too? :(
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

cleg
Posts: 2641
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Postby cleg » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:54 pm

I DO blame Brunell for everything because he cannot get the balls to the receivers with consistency, he barely can hand the ball off without tripping over himself, he cannot read defenses anymore and gets sacked too much, he does not keep the offense on the field long enough for the defense to get rested, he is scared of the rush, he has no fire in his belly. So, yeah, I blame him.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:09 pm

The Hogster wrote:By the way, you're a Brunell hater,

Nope. Ive given him credit where its due. I call it as I see it.

The Hogster wrote: but last year all we heard was Defense Defense Defense....your stellar D just fell to 30th overall....yet you still blame Brunell for everything?

My defense, when did I claim them? Have I not given AA his share of grief?

The Hogster wrote:Almost? C'mon you can do better than that. Brunell had one of the best TD to INT ratios last year, and he still does....so I guess the defenders have been "almost" catching his interceptions since 2005 huh?


Yes, we may not get lucky drops by opposing defenses in the coming games. The fact is that dallas dropped some picks. Cooley dropped a pass. Those are facts, Im not making my points up. They're legit concerns.


REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:Dont strain your back attempting to pick up what's left of your credibility, CLL. :nana:


ROTFALMAO
Last edited by Chris Luva Luva on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:10 pm

cleg wrote:I DO blame Brunell for everything because he cannot get the balls to the receivers with consistency, he barely can hand the ball off without tripping over himself, he cannot read defenses anymore and gets sacked too much, he does not keep the offense on the field long enough for the defense to get rested, he is scared of the rush, he has no fire in his belly. So, yeah, I blame him.


Sacked too much? He's one of the least sacked QB's in the NFL. Lemme guess, you're like 13 right?

:lol: Take a chill pill. Mark Brunell is 3-1 vs the Pukes over the last two seasons and the only loss came without Portis....relax. 8) and watch.

Be careful what you wish for...there are several teams in the league with QB's playing worse than Brunell.

My concern is our defense. If we had a defense that could say stop anyone....Brunell would be more than adequate...

We won the game without Santana Moss in there...we only had 3 receivers dress...and you're still complaining?
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

cleg
Posts: 2641
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Postby cleg » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:18 pm

The Hogster wrote:
cleg wrote:I DO blame Brunell for everything because he cannot get the balls to the receivers with consistency, he barely can hand the ball off without tripping over himself, he cannot read defenses anymore and gets sacked too much, he does not keep the offense on the field long enough for the defense to get rested, he is scared of the rush, he has no fire in his belly. So, yeah, I blame him.


Sacked too much? He's one of the least sacked QB's in the NFL. Lemme guess, you're like 13 right?

:lol: Take a chill pill. Mark Brunell is 3-1 vs the Pukes over the last two seasons and the only loss came without Portis....relax. 8) and watch.

Be careful what you wish for...there are several teams in the league with QB's playing worse than Brunell.

My concern is our defense. If we had a defense that could say stop anyone....Brunell would be more than adequate...

We won the game without Santana Moss in there...we only had 3 receivers dress...and you're still complaining?
because i don't agree with your point you assume i am a child? that assumption seems childish on your part - you see, grown-ups can disagree sometimes. i am 32.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1510
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:31 pm

Postby SkinzCanes » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:18 pm

Chris Cooley "almost caught a 30 yarder down the middle which would have been another completion and another 30 yards to Brunell's total.

Brandon Lloyd had another 30 yarder called back on a penalty.


The throw that Brunell made to Lloyd was pathetic. He underthrew him by 4 yards and Lloyd made an amazing catch on that ball. I just don't quite understand how/why you are defeding Brunell when the guy almost threw 4 interceptions, 2 of which would've been in the endzone. Not only that but twice he could've run for first downs on 3rd down but instead ran out of bounds instead of taking a hit and picking up tough yardage. As Brian Mitchell said, the mistakes that he was making weren't indicative of a veteran qb. Romo was making better throws and better decisions than Brunell on Sunday. If anything, this game just reinforced my belief that Brunell needs to be replaced. You can't have a qb that lacks mobility and is afraid to take a hit and be succesful in the NFL. Romo made up for his lack of experience with his mobility on Sunday, and I think that Campbell could do the same thing.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:20 pm

cleg wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
cleg wrote:I DO blame Brunell for everything because he cannot get the balls to the receivers with consistency, he barely can hand the ball off without tripping over himself, he cannot read defenses anymore and gets sacked too much, he does not keep the offense on the field long enough for the defense to get rested, he is scared of the rush, he has no fire in his belly. So, yeah, I blame him.


Sacked too much? He's one of the least sacked QB's in the NFL. Lemme guess, you're like 13 right?

:lol: Take a chill pill. Mark Brunell is 3-1 vs the Pukes over the last two seasons and the only loss came without Portis....relax. 8) and watch.

Be careful what you wish for...there are several teams in the league with QB's playing worse than Brunell.

My concern is our defense. If we had a defense that could say stop anyone....Brunell would be more than adequate...

We won the game without Santana Moss in there...we only had 3 receivers dress...and you're still complaining?
because i don't agree with your point you assume i am a child? that assumption seems childish on your part - you see, grown-ups can disagree sometimes. i am 32.


I was just kidding with you...but you did sound kind of immature by making such a broad conclusion that you blame Brunell for "everything"....c'mon, "everything" isn't his fault is it? :?
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:21 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:
Chris Cooley "almost caught a 30 yarder down the middle which would have been another completion and another 30 yards to Brunell's total.

Brandon Lloyd had another 30 yarder called back on a penalty.


The throw that Brunell made to Lloyd was pathetic. He underthrew him by 4 yards and Lloyd made an amazing catch on that ball. I just don't quite understand how/why you are defeding Brunell when the guy almost threw 4 interceptions, 2 of which would've been in the endzone. Not only that but twice he could've run for first downs on 3rd down but instead ran out of bounds instead of taking a hit and picking up tough yardage. As Brian Mitchell said, the mistakes that he was making weren't indicative of a veteran qb. Romo was making better throws and better decisions than Brunell on Sunday. If anything, this game just reinforced my belief that Brunell needs to be replaced. You can't have a qb that lacks mobility and is afraid to take a hit and be succesful in the NFL. Romo made up for his lack of experience with his mobility on Sunday, and I think that Campbell could do the same thing.


I am defending him because you are being irrational. Here's a hint. Tom Brady threw 4 ints...they lost. Grossman threw 3 Ints...they lost.

There's a difference between almost throwing an INt and actually throwing one....Brunell didn't do that...and guess what...we WON.


***For the record, I would take Brady any day over Brunell...but the point is that 'almost' means nothing. If we lived life in "almost" fase...John Kerry would be president, and Bin Laden would be in custody.
Last edited by The Hogster on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

cleg
Posts: 2641
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Postby cleg » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:22 pm

The Hogster wrote:
cleg wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
cleg wrote:I DO blame Brunell for everything because he cannot get the balls to the receivers with consistency, he barely can hand the ball off without tripping over himself, he cannot read defenses anymore and gets sacked too much, he does not keep the offense on the field long enough for the defense to get rested, he is scared of the rush, he has no fire in his belly. So, yeah, I blame him.


Sacked too much? He's one of the least sacked QB's in the NFL. Lemme guess, you're like 13 right?

:lol: Take a chill pill. Mark Brunell is 3-1 vs the Pukes over the last two seasons and the only loss came without Portis....relax. 8) and watch.

Be careful what you wish for...there are several teams in the league with QB's playing worse than Brunell.

My concern is our defense. If we had a defense that could say stop anyone....Brunell would be more than adequate...

We won the game without Santana Moss in there...we only had 3 receivers dress...and you're still complaining?
because i don't agree with your point you assume i am a child? that assumption seems childish on your part - you see, grown-ups can disagree sometimes. i am 32.


I was just kidding with you...but you did sound kind of immature by making such a broad conclusion that you blame Brunell for "everything"....c'mon, "everything" isn't his fault is it? :?
well, greater societal problems certainly are not his fault.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:27 pm

cleg wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
cleg wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
cleg wrote:I DO blame Brunell for everything because he cannot get the balls to the receivers with consistency, he barely can hand the ball off without tripping over himself, he cannot read defenses anymore and gets sacked too much, he does not keep the offense on the field long enough for the defense to get rested, he is scared of the rush, he has no fire in his belly. So, yeah, I blame him.


Sacked too much? He's one of the least sacked QB's in the NFL. Lemme guess, you're like 13 right?

:lol: Take a chill pill. Mark Brunell is 3-1 vs the Pukes over the last two seasons and the only loss came without Portis....relax. 8) and watch.

Be careful what you wish for...there are several teams in the league with QB's playing worse than Brunell.

My concern is our defense. If we had a defense that could say stop anyone....Brunell would be more than adequate...

We won the game without Santana Moss in there...we only had 3 receivers dress...and you're still complaining?
because i don't agree with your point you assume i am a child? that assumption seems childish on your part - you see, grown-ups can disagree sometimes. i am 32.


I was just kidding with you...but you did sound kind of immature by making such a broad conclusion that you blame Brunell for "everything"....c'mon, "everything" isn't his fault is it? :?
well, greater societal problems certainly are not his fault.


If you live here in DC...the Skins are a greater societal problem. :lol:
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1510
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:31 pm

Postby SkinzCanes » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:31 pm


I am defending him because you are being irrational. Here's a hint. Tom Brady threw 4 ints...they lost. Grossman threw 3 Ints...they lost.

There's a difference between almost throwing an INt and actually throwing one....Brunell didn't do that...and guess what...we WON.


Right but the throws that he made that were almost intercepted showed poor decision making and highlighted his physical limiatations. Brunell just looks nervous in the pocket and on atleast one of the near pics he could've run for a first down but that would've required taking a hit and I can't respect an NFL player that is afraid of contact. Twice at crucial situations in the game Brunell chose to run out of bounds or make a bad throw instead of running for a first down. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the team? You've got guys like Taylor and Marcus Washington throwing their bodies around trying to make plays and Burnell choses to run out of bounds instead of taking a hit at key points during the game? Brunell's former teammate and current coach, Ray Brown, even said in postgame that Brunell can't be succesful if there is any pressure on him and that he gets especially nervous in the pocket when there are defenders around his legs. Bring on Jason Campbell!
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1510
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:31 pm

Postby SkinzCanes » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:35 pm


I am defending him because you are being irrational. Here's a hint. Tom Brady threw 4 ints...they lost. Grossman threw 3 Ints...they lost.


Grossman is in his first full/healthy year as a starter. I expect him to make some mistakes. I don't expect a 15 year veteran to throw 2 balls into the endzone that should've been intercepted. As for Brady, those 4 pics were an abberation for him. Mediocrity is the norm for Brunell.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:38 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:

I am defending him because you are being irrational. Here's a hint. Tom Brady threw 4 ints...they lost. Grossman threw 3 Ints...they lost.

There's a difference between almost throwing an INt and actually throwing one....Brunell didn't do that...and guess what...we WON.


Right but the throws that he made that were almost intercepted showed poor decision making and highlighted his physical limiatations. Brunell just looks nervous in the pocket and on atleast one of the near pics he could've run for a first down but that would've required taking a hit and I can't respect an NFL player that is afraid of contact. Twice at crucial situations in the game Brunell chose to run out of bounds or make a bad throw instead of running for a first down. What kind of message does that send to the rest of the team? You've got guys like Taylor and Marcus Washington throwing their bodies around trying to make plays and Burnell choses to run out of bounds instead of taking a hit at key points during the game? Brunell's former teammate and current coach, Ray Brown, even said in postgame that Brunell can't be succesful if there is any pressure on him and that he gets especially nervous in the pocket when there are defenders around his legs. Bring on Jason Campbell!


You should be a politician. He said that referring to the Offensive Line ( whom he was brought in to consult with) needing to protect the guy.

There is no quarterback in the league who is comfortable with Greg Ellis, Demarcus Ware, and Bradie James in their earhole while trying to throw the ball.

The Pukes had the 4th ranked Defense coming into that game...guess what...the guys on the other side of the ball get paid too. What do you want him to do?? That team just beat the Panthers on the road. They are pretty good on defense.

Be realistic, please.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006