Moss, Fauria Upgraded to Probable

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Moss, Fauria Upgraded to Probable

Postby 1niksder » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:25 pm

Wide receiver Santana Moss was upgraded to probable on the Redskins' injury report on Friday and it appears increasingly likely that he will be available to play in Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Moss has been slowed by a hamstring injury, but he was full-go in practice on Thursday and Friday of this week.

Head coach Joe Gibbs said the team would work out Moss on Sunday morning to make sure he was fully healthy.

"We'll just see how he feels to make a final decision," Gibbs said. "He looked good. He's increased his work every day. I talked to him for a while this morning and I think he feels good."

Moss said after Friday's practice that his hamstring injury continues to make progress.

"Every day this week, I went up the ladder and did more running," he said. "It showed me what I pretty much thought it was going to show me: it's getting back up to strength on a daily basis.

"That doesn't mean you're fully healed. It just means you're on the right pace."

Gibbs said he was pleased that Moss was able to increase his work in practice.

"To be quite truthful, I didn't think this week would go as [well] for him as it did," he said. "We'll see how he feels on game morning."

Backup tight end Christian Fauria returned to practice on Friday and took full work, so the team upgraded his status to probable. Fauria suffered an ankle injury during last week's game against Dallas.

Meantime, cornerback Shawn Springs sat out practice on Friday, but Gibbs called that was just to give the 10-year NFL veteran some rest.

"He just needed a day's rest," Gibbs said. "There's nothing wrong."

Redskins.com
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby redskins12287 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:41 am

Good news. Lloyd proved that he is capable last week, so hopefully Mark will be more willing to throw him the ball now that Santana should be back.
Gotta respect the 'Skins

###

Postby redskindave » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:23 pm

Great news!
Hail To The Redskins!
Forty men together can't lose
Blaine Ohio home of Ohios biggest Redskin fan
Every man has to die, Not every man really lives

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006