Official THN Gameday Thread: WAS vs PHI

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
swine

Postby mulkey » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:41 pm

What does it matter. We only throw screen passes anyway. Hell we could sign a high school QB to throw those routes. This is ridiculous.
Hogs and Hoos

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:42 pm

1fan4ramsey wrote:Joe Jacoby and his cohost just said that they'd be suprised if Brunnel were benshed due to the fact that the Skins are not eliminated from the playoffs at this time.

yeah, the longer we are still technically in the playoffs, i think we'll continue to see mb04. we'll most likely win just enough to flirt with our playoff chances that we will continue to see mark behind center. i need another beer...
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:43 pm

I agree. The Eagles were getting excellent penetration, and we still through underneath all day long.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:49 pm

Maybe Brunell's Aunt Flow will come for a visit next week and he won't be able to play, due to cramps.
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

swine

Postby mulkey » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:55 pm

Aunt Flow could probably make these passes.!!! What a game plan. Do you think the Eagles could have possibly been expecting any screens today...
Hogs and Hoos

Postby KevinW » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:27 pm

I turned off the Redskins game with about 10 minutes left today, which is the first time in over 10 years I haven't watched a 'Skins game in it's entirety. (That includes staying up past midnight to watch us get waxed 37-0 to Green Bay back in '01 when I had over an hour commute starting at 6:45 am).
What a let down after last weeks classic victory. So many questions, no clear answeres. I'm not going to bash Brunell, but it seems so obvious Campbell needs to start playing now. Let him get beyond some growing pains now, not next season. Afterall, from what I've seen from Sanders the offensive guru, one only needs to be able to throw short passes (especially screens), pitch out the ball and hand off for a draw play. I feel that our third down play calling is so predictable, it's no wonder defenses are beating us to the punch.

Our defense is an obvious disappointment that speaks for itself, but what about all these mental mistakes we make week after week? We make so many boneheaded penalties on a consistant basis it makes me wonder if we have one of the dumbest teams in the league. I love Sean Taylor's intensity, but someone needs to tell him to remove his head from his rear and quit costing us 15 yard personal foul penalties.

Sorry for all the negativity but my therapist says it's healthy to air these thing amongst others who may have empathy. After years of optimism I've become a realist and believe that Daniel Snyder has created a culture of losing in Washington. We all know the story of how we are blowing money on free agent Pro-bowl players who do not live up to the billing once they arrive, and we keep letting go those that excell once they are gone (Trent Green, Antonio Pierce to name a few) not to mention coaches - seems like "Marty Ball" is doing the trick in San Diego.

I've been a Redskins fan through thick and thin and will continue to be, but gotta say I'm sinking near rock bottom.

piglet

Postby Inspired » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:40 pm

KevinW, the pain and misery is being discussed in the post game thread. We all feel it with you bro. Jump right in.

Hog

Postby USAFSkinFan » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:16 am

I actually rewatched that nonsense... I feel for Sean Taylor... that 1st half had to be his worst half of football in his life... he really seems frustrated, and the refs just don't ever give him the benefit of the doubt...

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:26 am

USAFSkinFan wrote:I actually rewatched that nonsense... I feel for Sean Taylor... that 1st half had to be his worst half of football in his life... he really seems frustrated, and the refs just don't ever give him the benefit of the doubt...

I think once the offense irons out, it'll help the defense. Even though Taylor is making bad mistakes you can tell why he's doing them. He's trying to make something out of nothing. He's trying his best to force a turnover, make a pick....something. I can only be so mad at him for that.

The ONLY 7 points we would have gotten in last weeks game would have had to come from the defense. Im happy someone was trying to score.

He definately needs to pick his battles better but he gets an A for effort. :lol:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby USAFSkinFan » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:42 am

yeah nobody can ever question his effort the way he flies around the field... I think sometimes he gets critisized for taking bad angles, but I think that's just because he reacts so fast and comes so hard... as opposed to someone less aggressive that waits on the play development a little longer... I'll take agressive any day on the football field...

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:57 pm

Eagles | D. Walker fined $5,000
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:48:18 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles DL Darwin Walker has been fined $5,000 for a personal foul against Washington Redskins RB Clinton Portis Week 10.

Eagles | Trotter fined $7,500
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:37:47 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports Philadelphia Eagles LB Jeremiah Trotter has been fined $7,500 for a "horse collar" tackle on Washington Redskins RB Ladell Betts Week 10.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006