Official THN Gameday Thread: WAS vs PHI

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

Postby old-timer » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:00 pm

The Hogster wrote:How can you love the Redskins and allow this to happen...we've done this in every road NFC East game.

3 points in New York, 10 in Dallas, and 3 here. Add that up together and its not enough to win any of those games. The defense is equally as horrible, but this is embarassing.

Excuse me, that was 3 points in Dallas. Cartwright scored the TD on kickoff returns.

Hog

Postby FiveWidez » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:00 pm

NikiH wrote:
getemmj wrote:I think Gibbs is having some input on what plays are being called though because if you look at saunders offense in KC he never ran this many screen passes and things like they are doing this year. However gibbs was an avid fan of the screen pass since his return.

No it's been said flat out that he has no control over play calling. And it's not changed from the begining of the season.

That's actually not true but even if it was then what does he do. He is the HEAD COACH right?

swine

Postby getemmj » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:01 pm

No it's been said flat out that he has no control over play calling. And it's not changed from the begining of the season.[/quote]

Said by who, Gibbs the same guy who last year said Ramsey was going to take us all the way...... :roll:

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:01 pm

Then as HEAD COACH you make the decision to pull him. It is more Gibbs fault by continuing to play the guy.

Oh I agree, but I think the plays are being called to play to Brunells strengths, which is not getting hte ball downfield.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:02 pm

skinsfano28 wrote:exactly CLL, he panics for no reason. he didn't play for spurrier, he's got a solid offensive line taht can give him enough time to find a receiver, but the fact still remains that he doesn't have the arm he used to and CAN'T get it to the receivers who can make a play down the field!

Brunell has been rushed a bit today but when he has not been rushed, he has not taken advantage of it.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby skinsfano28 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:02 pm

all i can do is sit here and shake my head. there's nothing left for me to say besides major changes are needed on the field and in the coaches' box. al saunders has ruined this offense, and gregg williams doesn't trust his corners enough to blitz like he did last year. someething has to change
Sean, may you always rest in peace and look down on us with the same love that we look up to you.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:03 pm

can Philly seriously drain 9 minutes?
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

Hog

Postby FiveWidez » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:03 pm

getemmj wrote:No it's been said flat out that he has no control over play calling. And it's not changed from the begining of the season.

Said by who, Gibbs the same guy who last year said Ramsey was going to take us all the way...... :roll:[/quote]

Thats a good point. I have said before that Gibbs is so untruthful to the fans and media. He has more loyalty to MB than to the fans that adored him for so long. Well the revolution has begun. Make the QB change or leave town. Go back to Charlotte and work on engines.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:03 pm

NikiH wrote:
getemmj wrote:I think Gibbs is having some input on what plays are being called though because if you look at saunders offense in KC he never ran this many screen passes and things like they are doing this year. However gibbs was an avid fan of the screen pass since his return.

No it's been said flat out that he has no control over play calling. And it's not changed from the begining of the season.

Im not sure about that, I believe its been stated that he has veto power in certain situations.

Hog

Postby skinsfano28 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:03 pm

make brian westbrook look like a future hall of famer whydontcha!?
Sean, may you always rest in peace and look down on us with the same love that we look up to you.

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:03 pm

What happened to Archuletta being used as our Teenage Mutan Ninja Safety.....uh...Safety-Backer guy??

I thought signing Vincent was supposed to be the answer to the Archuletta debacle...but he hasn't been on the field on defense all day.

SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby skinsfano28 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:04 pm

i really don't think he would have made a difference.

do ytou think they may start him over holdman at outside backer next week?

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:05 pm

At least MB threw 1 TD today. :twisted:

#######

Postby The Hogster » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:05 pm

skinsfano28 wrote:i really don't think he would have made a difference.

do ytou think they may start him over holdman at outside backer next week?

Nah...he's only 220 lbs...if that....If he can't pick up the defense at his position, it would be tough to learn a new one on the fly...
SPIT HAPPENS!!

~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:05 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:At least MB threw 1 TD today. :twisted:

Give him time. He usually gets one in garbage time.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006