Post game discussion

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:33 pm

this team is pathetic. what else can i say. it wasn't even close to being all brunell's fault. the protection was frequently abysmal.

but by far the most disturbing thing is that for the 2nd time in 3 games, we've gotten down big in the 2nd half and have literally not even tried to get back in the game, let alone win it. down by 20+ and we're throwing 3 yard slants, 1 yard screens, 2 yard dump-offs? whoever is responsible for this needs to lose their job, period. whether that's brunell, saunders, gibbs, the team cook, or whoever. end of discussion.

the defense seems hopeless-- but is that surprising? what possible reason do they have to HAVE any hope when they see their offense going out there and not even trying to win. the lucky bounce wasn't their fault on that one ridiculous touchdown. they forced a turnover on the 1 yard line and the ref screwed us. the defense, bad as they were, held the eagles #1 offense to 20 points (brunell gave them the other 7 on an extremely, extremely terrible, AND stupid throw). with the talent we have on offense, we should win just about every game we hold the other team to 20 points.

or maybe our players on O are overrated. we'll never really know until we actually start trying to get the ball downfield.

all i can say for sure is that any talk of "turning this thing around" and/or going to the playoffs was demolished beyond reparation today. i certainly hope anyone won't be foolish enough to keep up that charade. this season is irrefutably over. we just aren't good enough to make the kind of turnaround necessary against the difficult schedule we have. campbell needs to play next week, not because he will give us any hope, but because we need to start worrying about next year.
Last edited by die cowboys die on Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:35 pm

if he mentioned bringing collins in during the next possesion, perhaps we'll see campbell to start next week?? man i'm so confused....am i being rational??!!
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:36 pm

die cowboys die wrote:this team is pathetic. what else can i say. it wasn't even close to being all brunell's fault. the protection was frequently abysmal.

but by far the most disturbing thing is that for the 2nd time in 3 games, we've gotten down big in the 2nd half and have literally not even tried to get back in the game, let alone win it. down by 20+ and we're throwing 3 yard slants, 1 yard screens, 2 yard dump-offs? whoever is responsible for this needs to lose their job, period. whether that's brunell, saunders, gibbs, the team cook, or . end of discussion.

the defense seems hopeless-- but is that surprising? what possible reason do they have to HAVE any hope when they see their offense going out there and not even trying to win. the lucky bounce wasn't their fault on that one ridiculous touchdown. they forced a turnover on the 1 yard line and the ref screwed us. the defense, bad as they were, held the eagles #1 offense to 20 points (brunell gave them the other 7 on an extremely, extremely terrible, AND stupid throw). with the talent we have on offense, we should win just about every game we hold the other team to 20 points.

or maybe our players on O are overrated. we'll never really know until we actually start trying to get the ball downfield.

all i can say for sure is that any talk of "turning this thing around" and/or going to the playoffs was demolished beyond reparation today. i certainly hope anyone won't be foolish enough to keep up that charade. this season is irrefutably over. we just aren't good enough to make the kind of turnaround necessary against the difficult schedule we have. campbell needs to play next week, not because he will give us any hope, but because we need to start worrying about next year.

well said.
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:37 pm

die cowboys die wrote:this team is pathetic. what else can i say. it wasn't even close to being all brunell's fault. the protection was frequently abysmal.

but by far the most disturbing thing is that for the 2nd time in 3 games, we've gotten down big in the 2nd half and have literally not even tried to get back in the game, let alone win it. down by 20+ and we're throwing 3 yard slants, 1 yard screens, 2 yard dump-offs? whoever is responsible for this needs to lose their job, period. whether that's brunell, saunders, gibbs, the team cook, or . end of discussion.

wow. i agree. this is just getting too weird.
or what you said....

~BUT~

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:38 pm

HOSS wrote:

wow. i agree. this is just getting too weird.

:lol:

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:39 pm

not elimated from the playoffs? i have to disagree, there are soo many good teams in the NFC this year. Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, New York, New Orleans, Minnesota, Carolina, Heck San Francisco has a better chance than us
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:45 pm

I wouldn't have thrown Campbell in there either, considering the fact that Trotter spent a half hour of regulation chasing Brunell all over the place in the backfield.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

Hog

Postby Snout » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:52 pm

Brunell's confidence is shot, and it is having a ripple effect through the whole team.

Why has Gibbs been so loyal to Brunell? Probably because he is also trying to play the role of GM. Gibbs is naturally stubborn and loyal to his veteran QBs, perhaps irrationally so when he is also the guy who made the decision to bring Brunell here.

The team needs a real GM.

Williams may be a good defensive coach, but he seems to have trouble making personnel decisions as well.

The two changes that the team needs to make is at QB and GM.

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:53 pm

Skins2daGrave wrote:not elimated from the playoffs? i have to disagree, there are soo many good teams in the NFC this year. Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, New York, New Orleans, Minnesota, Carolina, Heck San Francisco has a better chance than us

i agree. but technically.....
or what you said....

~BUT~

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:58 pm

I specifically remember Gibbs saying after the 2004 season that he waited too long before pulling Brunell and wouldn't make that mistake again.

Uhhh... well... he waited too long again. The season is over.

And ya, I agree that other aspects of the team have been suspect. But the D didn't throw a pick 6, the special teams didn't throw the ball away or in the dirt, etc.

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:58 pm

die cowboys die wrote:but by far the most disturbing thing is that for the 2nd time in 3 games, we've gotten down big in the 2nd half and have literally not even tried to get back in the game, let alone win it. down by 20+ and we're throwing 3 yard slants, 1 yard screens, 2 yard dump-offs? whoever is responsible for this needs to lose their job, period. whether that's brunell, saunders, gibbs, the team cook, or . end of discussion.

Yeah, that really bugs me also. I know they're not giving up but at times it does seem that way.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:11 pm

Anybody else notice that, when the play breaks down, Thrash is the only one that leaves his route to try and give Brunell an option? It looked to me like Moss and Co. stayed locked in, and I thought I saw Randle El turn around to watch Brunell scrambling for dear life.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:22 pm

You know the worst part of all this? Unless Brunell retires at the end of this year, we will likely see it again at some point next year. Look how much time Gibbs gave Ramsey. As long as Brunell is on the roster, Gibbs is going to want to stick him in there. This team could be losing with Mark Brunell under center deep into next year.

Hog

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:26 pm

nnskinsfan wrote:They did ask. He said he was going to bring in Todd, I think it was, with around 9 minutes to go but we never got the ball back. He said he knew everyone would want to ask about QB but he didn't want to discuss it.

he said Mark was "having a tough day"....what, how bout a tough 3 years
don't even

Hog

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:27 pm

tcwest10 wrote:I wouldn't have thrown Campbell in there either, considering the fact that Trotter spent a half hour of regulation chasing Brunell all over the place in the backfield.

Campbell can't go in until both Brunnel and Collins are injured. He's the 3rd string qb, NFL rules.
don't even

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006