Post game discussion

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
~~~

Postby Champsturf » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:29 pm

1fan4ramsey wrote:
tcwest10 wrote:I wouldn't have thrown Campbell in there either, considering the fact that Trotter spent a half hour of regulation chasing Brunell all over the place in the backfield.

Campbell can't go in until both Brunnel and Collins are injured. He's the 3rd string qb, NFL rules.

THEN MAKE HIM #2 OR #1. THIS TEAM IS A JOKE, AS IS THE FRONT OFFICE AND STAFF.

Letting Ramsey go, only to pick up Collins is one of many boneheaded moves. Clark was let go because of a VERY good stiff arm from LT. AA is a joke of a replacement.

Until this team learns to reward its own, rather thn buying the "hot FA," we will be stuck in mediocrity.
Last edited by Champsturf on Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:30 pm

He can go in. The others just can't play after that happens.

cleg

Postby cleg » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:37 pm

Mursilis wrote:You know the worst part of all this? Unless Brunell retires at the end of this year, we will likely see it again at some point next year. Look how much time Gibbs gave Ramsey. As long as Brunell is on the roster, Gibbs is going to want to stick him in there. This team could be losing with Mark Brunell under center deep into next year.

This is what terrifies me and what I have been saying on this board for a month. If not now for JC then when? I cannot imagine Gibbs starting JC next year if he does not play this year.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby redskingush » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:40 pm

nnskinsfan wrote:He can go in. The others just can't play after that happens.

Brunell can't play anyway, as far as Collins he was terrible most of the preseason, that all i now of him, His playing time was limited in KC.
GO SKINS GO!!

Hog

Postby ATV » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:54 pm

Doesn't Brunnell have a huge chunk of guaranteed money coming next year and/or the following? Maybe he's threatening to take it all instead of coming to some sort of agreement unless they keep starting him. I'm using flawed CBA language here but I hope you can still grasp what I'm trying to say. Or, maybe the Redskins are wary of angering for fear of this. I think this may have been brought up before in a different thread.

cleg

Postby cleg » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:55 pm

ATV wrote:Doesn't Brunnell have a huge chunk of guaranteed money coming next year and/or the following? Maybe he's threatening to take it all instead of coming to some sort of agreement unless they keep starting him. I'm using flawed CBA language here but I hope you can still grasp what I'm trying to say. Or, maybe the Redskins are wary of angering for fear of this. I think this may have been brought up before in a different thread.
I think Gibbs just thinks he's the man for reasons only known to him.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:59 pm

1fan4ramsey wrote:
tcwest10 wrote:I wouldn't have thrown Campbell in there either, considering the fact that Trotter spent a half hour of regulation chasing Brunell all over the place in the backfield.

Campbell can't go in until both Brunnel and Collins are injured. He's the 3rd string qb, NFL rules.

But that's NOT the rule. Whether the #3 QB plays is completely up to the coach.

What the rules say is that if #3 goes in the game before the fourth quarter, #1 and #2 cannot play the rest of the game.

But in the fourth quarter, you can put #1 or #2 back in the game as if it were any other position.

Here's where I found it:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskins ... ation.html
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Hog

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:03 pm

RedskinsFreak wrote:
1fan4ramsey wrote:

But that's NOT the rule. Whether the #3 QB plays is completely up to the coach.

What the rules say is that if #3 goes in the game before the fourth quarter, #1 and #2 cannot play the rest of the game.

But in the fourth quarter, you can put #1 or #2 back in the game as if it were any other position.

Here's where I found it:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskins ... ation.html

Thanks for the clarification! :wink: I wasn't sure on the exact rule.
don't even

swine

Postby SlkyCaramel » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:56 pm

Did anybody watch Post Game Live? Czaban and B.Mitchell were really getting on the Redskins and Gibbs (it was all well deserved), and when Mark Brunell was interviewed. Czaban asked him two excellent questions (verbatim):

1. Do you think that you should be the Redskins quarterback in 2007?

2. If it becomes a situation where the Redskins are out of the playoff race completely, will you go to the coach and say 'Hey, you know, the season is basically over, you should play another qb'

I don't know if anyone saw it, but Mark Brunell got very defensive (well lets just be honest, I think he was pissed) but the situation the Redskins are in right now is absolutely ridiculous.

So much wasted money, and wasted potential. Jason Campbell has been sitting on the sideline two years now, with no playing time, even though Gibbs has said 'he's the QB of the future'....and for what? Brunell? Someone who, without that completion to Lloyd would have had 89 TOTAL passing yards today?

What is it going to take for Gibbs to realize that his blind loyalty to Brunell is HURTING this team.

Hog

Postby nnskinsfan » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:23 pm

I thought the guy was a prick but oh well.

swine

Postby SlkyCaramel » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:27 pm

nnskinsfan wrote:I thought the guy was a prick but oh well.

I didn't think he was a prick, I thought it was a question that needed to be asked. My only problem is that he was asking the wrong person - the question shoudl have been directed to Gibbs.

It was a fair question, when Steve McNair was in Tennessee he told that coaching staff to start looking for a qb because he didn't know how much longer he would be able to play QB. Why is it an unreasonable question to ask? It's for the good of the team.

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:52 pm

cleg wrote:
Mursilis wrote:You know the worst part of all this? Unless Brunell retires at the end of this year, we will likely see it again at some point next year. Look how much time Gibbs gave Ramsey. As long as Brunell is on the roster, Gibbs is going to want to stick him in there. This team could be losing with Mark Brunell under center deep into next year.

This is what terrifies me and what I have been saying on this board for a month. If not now for JC then when? I cannot imagine Gibbs starting JC next year if he does not play this year.

carson palmer spent 1 (or 2 was it) years on the bench before becoming the starter with no playing time before that and look at him, a star.
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

Hog

Postby xhadow » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:01 pm

Maybe I wouldn't be so tired of Marky Mark if he didn't stand on the sidelines like he just took some enzyte

I know that isn't a picture from today, I wish I could find one of any of our losses though because he looks remarkably like this guy.

Well what more would you expect out of the "Worst Team" in the "Best Division"

piglet

Postby Inspired » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:22 pm

Am I going crazy or did I see TJ Duckett actually get a carry today?

I agree with pretty much everyone here that: A) The off-season moves this team has made are just mind boggling. We need a GM. B) Why is Mark Brunell still playing for this team? JC needs a shot, regardless of the outcome. Just give the kid a shot. C) Saunders play calling is a joke. Why do we not try and go downfield more often? We did it once today and Lloyd made an amazing catch, why not try it more often. At the very least we may draw the interference call.

The one thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet in this thread is all the missed tackles today. I realize it was a nasty day out there weather-wise, but give me a break. Our defense had so many situations today where a RB or a WR got 5, 10, 15 yards extra due to arm tackling and flat out poor effort. While I agree that Brunell should shoulder a lot of the blame for this loss, to be fair the defense should be carrying their fair share as well. Very poor effort by those guys today.

Ladell Betts continues to impress me by the way (I had to say something positive)!

Hog

Postby old-timer » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:53 pm

Inspired wrote:Am I going crazy or did I see TJ Duckett actually get a carry today?

I agree with pretty much everyone here that: A) The off-season moves this team has made are just mind boggling. We need a GM. B) Why is Mark Brunell still playing for this team? JC needs a shot, regardless of the outcome. Just give the kid a shot. C) Saunders play calling is a joke. Why do we not try and go downfield more often? We did it once today and Lloyd made an amazing catch, why not try it more often. At the very least we may draw the interference call.

The one thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet in this thread is all the missed tackles today. I realize it was a nasty day out there weather-wise, but give me a break. Our defense had so many situations today where a RB or a WR got 5, 10, 15 yards extra due to arm tackling and flat out poor effort. While I agree that Brunell should shoulder a lot of the blame for this loss, to be fair the defense should be carrying their fair share as well. Very poor effort by those guys today.

Ladell Betts continues to impress me by the way (I had to say something positive)!

The only reason I can think of for the play calling is that Gibbs has told Saunders a) Mark Brunell is the Quarterback but b) other than that, the offense is yours. As an inttelligent coordinator, Saunders knows that Brunell can't throw anything accurate over about 15 yards so all the plays are designed for short passes.

I've never seen Gibbs like this on the sidelines. Basically, no one talks to him. He seems isolated from his coaches. Not a good sign.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006