Skins @ Bucs Gameday thread

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:02 pm

The interesting part of our defense is -- our personnel hasn't changed that much at all. We still have our 4 dline players from last year on the team, so Wms could put them in if he wanted. Our linebackers are the same as last year. We don't have Ryan Clark but no way do I believe he makes that much difference, if any really.

Have opposing teams figured out Wms schemes? Did we play over our heads last year? Did they not get ready for the season? Our run defense was so good last year, and that's your front 7...nothing has changed. If Carter is that bad at run support, replace him and use him on passing downs.

It's just baffling...

-----------

Postby Smithian » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:02 pm

ATV wrote:By the way, a safety blitz three seconds after the ball has been snapped is PROBABLY a bad idea.
That brightened my day.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:03 pm

hell of a game from Jason Campbell. 19/34 197 yards 2 TD's 0 INTS!! yah baby, i diddnt really care about the game.
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

Hog

JC, and the game.

Postby Charm City Sports » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:09 pm

Well the game just proved what I have been saying, our defense sucks.

Rodgers is doing a great Walt Harris impression. Looks just like Walt getting beat for big plays.

But the UPSIDE, was the play of JC. He looked really good in his first start. While he had some overthrows, he still did not turn it over. I think he will just get better.

And they fianlly used TJ Duckett right!!

Postby mikewoody17 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:27 pm

Skins2daGrave wrote:hell of a game from Jason Campbell. 19/34 197 yards 2 TD's 0 INTS!! yah baby, i diddnt really care about the game.

Campbell really stepped up and let the nfl know that washington has now got a passing game. I can't wait till next week when we can have Moss and Patten back and then the passing game will be complete :!: :D
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:35 pm

mikewoody17 wrote:
Skins2daGrave wrote:hell of a game from Jason Campbell. 19/34 197 yards 2 TD's 0 INTS!! yah baby, i diddnt really care about the game.

Campbell really stepped up and let the nfl know that washington has now got a passing game. I can't wait till next week when we can have Moss and Patten back and then the passing game will be complete :!: :D

welcome to the site mikewoody17.

I agree that it could be exciting with our passing game, I wouldn't hold my breath on Patten.
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:38 pm

Espy is better than Patten and he's familiar with Campbell so im not excited about Patten
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:11 pm

fredp45 wrote:The interesting part of our defense is -- our personnel hasn't changed that much at all. We still have our 4 dline players from last year on the team, so Wms could put them in if he wanted. Our linebackers are the same as last year. We don't have Ryan Clark but no way do I believe he makes that much difference, if any really.

Have opposing teams figured out Wms schemes? Did we play over our heads last year? Did they not get ready for the season? Our run defense was so good last year, and that's your front 7...nothing has changed. If Carter is that bad at run support, replace him and use him on passing downs.

It's just baffling...

and there in lies the frustration.....
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:18 pm

Another one bites the dust......

Campbell did well though.
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:41 pm

I heard Sonny and Sam on the post-game, and I don't think I've ever heard Sonny sound as subdued. His judgement: Campbell needs to make decisions quicker, but that will take more experience -- in games.

Meanwhile, I don't hear any loud chants of "Patrick! Patrick!" here in NYC, even though the Jets got shut out.

Hog

Postby Sexual_Chocolate » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:22 pm

mikewoody17 wrote:

I agree.

He showed such great poise and patience.

I wished things had gone differently and we could've won for # 17.

I definitely have renewed hope for the future.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:02 pm

TincoSkin wrote:
brain71 wrote:Whatever, I disagree. What constitutes an injury? Ramsey was ready to go back in within a couple plays.

true but what i ment was barring an injusry to the guy playing. ramsy came out after being closelined. brunell played very well. you know what this discussion is going nowhere. meh.

Take a look at the stats of that game. Brunell's were horrible. Ramsey did better in a quarter and a half than Brunell did the whole game. Nothing that happen on that field justified Ramsey being benched. He already had over a 100 yards and had thrown for a TD (called back).

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:09 pm

mikewoody17 wrote:

It looks like Gibbs has been playing the wrong QB all year. No surprise there. If that's the real Campbell we saw today, Gibbs is an idiot. I remind every one that Campbell was without Moss and Portis, and if Lloyd hadn't blow that catch the Skins would have put 20 or 24 on the board. If they had played any defense at all, Campbell might have put up 30 plus.

Postby mikewoody17 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:37 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
mikewoody17 wrote:

It looks like Gibbs has been playing the wrong QB all year. No surprise there. If that's the real Campbell we saw today, Gibbs is an idiot. I remind every one that Campbell was without Moss and Portis, and if Lloyd hadn't blow that catch the Skins would have put 20 or 24 on the board. If they had played any defense at all, Campbell might have put up 30 plus.

yes that is very true
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006