Grades?????

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

Postby roybus14 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:29 am

I will finish my grading:

Oline - D only because JC bailed them out on a couple of occassions by scrambling but they would have gotten an F overall because they could not run the ball.

WRs- C too many dropped balls, especially the first play of the game....

RBs - C not enough carries to really gauge. Duckett, a ray of hope.

TE- B Cooley was outstanding and has all of my props for playing with the separated shoulders.

Dline- F no pressure at all on a rookie and allowed a run game that was basically stagnant until yesterday.

LBs - F too much of trying to strip the ball and not tackling. McIntosh needs to be coached up and put in...

CBs/Ss - FFF a) a triple F because Carlos Rodgers cannot play CB in the NFL. He's too busy worrying about dancing after a play he is paid to make, case in point: the break up the Galloway pass in the endzone. He's too busy running away like he did something while Becht is setting up to catch the deflection. I'm not saying he could have caught it but don't run away like you did something until you know you really did. He needs to be replaced. b) the safeties just don't have it back there this year. Taylor is still developing but the loss of Clark has really hurt him this year. c) too much arm tackling and trying to make the big hit instead of tackling.

HC - D I give Gibbs an D because he's allow it to get this bad and he is not the man he once was.

DC - D for not putting his guys in the right position in his "scheme" to stop the run. Also for showing everyone that he clearly made a "huge" mistake with AA by putting in Fox ahead of him after Vincent got hurt.

OC - C he had a good game plan for JC but he failed to game plan to pound the ball on the ground against the 24th ranked run defense in the league. Duckett, Duckett, Duckett.....

SpT - C didn't give up the big return but also didn't produce our own big return.
Sean Taylor - 1983-2007 R.I.P.... Forever A Skin.....

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:51 am

joebagadonuts wrote:
SkinzCanes wrote:Other than the pick, though, Springs struggled and it looke like he has a lost a few steps.

I'm baffled by similar statements I've seen in this thread and elsewhere. I thought Springs played well. He was knocking balls down, and made a few key tackles, some of which were on 3rd down (okay, he did get bulldozed by Alstott, but the guy outweighs him by about 100 pounds - at least he stuck his nose in there). I plan on watching the game again, but off the top of my head I can't recall seeing Springs get beat badly or repeatedly. Rogers, on the other hand, looked horrible. I'm hoping it's just the sophomore blues.

I agree. I would say that Springs and Washington had the best days in the secondary, with Sean Taylor getting an honorable mention. The rest of our safeties, corners, and LBs didn't do so well. . .and I won't even get into the d-line issues. :evil:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

piggie

Postby nuskins » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:18 pm

I think alot of the dropped passes were due to the lasers that were being thrown.

The WR have been catching balls all year from a tired washed up arm that had very little velocity, Brunells deep balls were bannanas and the rest were floaters. The balls JC is throwing definitely have some zip on them and I am sure it is going to take some time for the recievers to get use to the different ball coming at them.

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:35 pm

nuskins wrote:I think alot of the dropped passes were due to the lasers that were being thrown.

The WR have been catching balls all year from a tired washed up arm that had very little velocity, Brunells deep balls were bannanas and the rest were floaters. The balls JC is throwing definitely have some zip on them and I am sure it is going to take some time for the recievers to get use to the different ball coming at them.

i hope you're right, cuz we'll never win if our receivers drop easy catches like those
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006