The official defense sucks thread

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

The official defense sucks thread

Postby MEZZSKIN » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:06 pm

Guys im confused, frustrated, dumbfounded and exasperated!. I swear there must be imposters in our uniforms. Were are the worst defense in the league. Were god awful. Yes Campbell looked good but what the hell is going on , on defense. Gregg williams looks drained. The line gets gashed . Carter and holdman get pushed around like the scrubs that they are. What the hell did they see in Carter? Carlos Rogers ? WTF he cant catch a cold!( AND NO I will never forgive him for dropping that ball vs Hasselback , its forever changed the destiny on gibbs 2nd era). Lemar marshall cant shed blocks anymore. AA is officially the worst signing ever!..Vernon "waiver wire" Fox plays ahead of the highest paid safety in the history of the league. AND FOX DOESNT EVEN START.
Im disgusted. this is unacceptble. I want wynn, carter, archuleta, holdman, wright , ALL GONE...AND PLEASE PLAY MACINTOSH!, Now!
If were getting gashed for 200 a game on the ground how much worse can it get??? what are they worried about ? giving up 250?
Sorry guys I had to vent. this is ridiculous

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:27 pm

This is nothing new.

. . .or was starting Campbell supposed to fix that, as well? :)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:43 pm

i would be stunned if our defense isn't the worst in the entire NFL. i think the stats are right around there, aren't they?

during the game i kept thinking, "they should just cut almost every single person on the defense tomorrow morning. just bring in scrubs for the rest of the year and start over next year". there's no reason to pay real players to play like this. may as well make a statement.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:46 pm

I think for some, this QB switch has shown the TRUE reason for our poor record. The ineptitude of a) our defensive personel and b)the people who pick the said personel.
it is what it is

Hog

Postby DaSkins24 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:01 pm

I think that the FO's philosophy of abandoning the draft, and signing these overrated free-agents, is the reason the D is so bad. We tie up all our cap money in "star" type contracts, and have no money for quality backups. Also, I hope that Gregg Williams finally realize's that it isn't his system that stops offense's, its the players in the system.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:16 pm

DaSkins24 wrote:I think that the FO's philosophy of abandoning the draft, and signing these overrated free-agents, is the reason the D is so bad. We tie up all our cap money in "star" type contracts, and have no money for quality backups. Also, I hope that Gregg Williams finally realize's that it isn't his system that stops offense's, its the players in the system.

amen, brother!
it is what it is

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:34 pm

HitDoctor wrote:I think for some, this QB switch has shown the TRUE reason for our poor record. The ineptitude of a) our defensive personel and b)the people who pick the said personel.

There were quite a few of us that have been trying to point out to the anti Brunell faction that the reason we were not doing well was not solely due to the play of the offense and in particular the QB. They were blind!

This offense is going to be a lot better with Campbell as our QB BUT the main reason we have lost so many games is still not due to Brunell and it never was.

We are not playing well together or with enough intensity.

So many fans look at individual performances and do not understand that great players have great supporting casts. I had a feeling that Seattle would lose today because Alexander is not a great back without his other teammates. The same is true here - we need these guys to play better together and support each other. If one guy misses a tackle someone else has to make it - we continue to allow big plays.
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:38 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
HitDoctor wrote:I think for some, this QB switch has shown the TRUE reason for our poor record. The ineptitude of a) our defensive personel and b)the people who pick the said personel.

There were quite a few of us that have been trying to point out to the anti Brunell faction that the reason we were not doing well was not solely due to the play of the offense and in particular the QB. They were blind!

This offense is going to be a lot better with Campbell as our QB BUT the main reason we have lost so many games is still not due to Brunell and it never was.

We are not playing well together or with enough intensity.

Absolutely. Brunell was part of the problem, but not the whole problem. If you're a quarterback not named Peyton Manning, you are going to have a hard time overcoming the deficiencies of this defense.

Hog

Postby MEZZSKIN » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:13 pm

its just that , every week they play so bad its numbing..Im tired of of all there rhetoric about improviing and yada yada, they just just plain out suck something very awful..andre carter is absolutely horrific at the point of of attack. Every week the starting Lt USES HIM AS PERSONAL BLOCKING SLED....PLAY DEMTRIC EVANS FOR CHRISSAKE!!! CHANGE IT UP!
didnt we match Demtric evans tender offer from pittsburgh? FOR WHAT ??..So he can get first hand look at that mutt they signed from SF. Its ridiculous!...play renaldo wynn....anthing but that blocking dummy Carter. Hes a cancer..he was so bad today its sickening

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:35 pm

Another game when the other team holds the ball to keep our offense off the field for long periods of time. Another game that the offense spend more time wacthing than trying to put u points. In the past the offense wasn't a lot to look forward to but even with CP and Super Moss out if the O could have gotten a few more oppertunities we might have gotten a "W" today
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:37 am

SkinsJock wrote:

um, i recall scant few posts where people thought brunell was the ONLY problem on the team. the "Anti-Brunell Faction" (to which i proudly pledge my allegiance) was not "blind". we simply knew that brunell was done and that it was time for campbell-- apparently long before you did. suck it up.

mursilis

Postby Mursilis » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:59 am

die cowboys die wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

um, i recall scant few posts where people thought brunell was the ONLY problem on the team. the "Anti-Brunell Faction" (to which i proudly pledge my allegiance) was not "blind". we simply knew that brunell was done and that it was time for campbell-- apparently long before you did. suck it up.

=D>
No one was saying the defense was great or there weren't other problems. The Campbell Bandwagon just knew Brunell was doing absolutely nothing to help the team win, and was just stealing snaps from The Kid. Unless JC gets hurt, there's no reason we ever need to see Mark on the field again.

Hog

Postby reggiebrooks4life » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:09 am

i don't think we need to completely revamp the defense. we have good pieces in certain places. Lets also not forget that losing prieolu hurt us alot. Everyone keeps saying AA sucks but the fact of the matter is we knew what we were getting wit him. Put 25 lbs on his frame in the offseason and make him a middle linebacker.
I am the walrus...coo coo ca choo?

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:28 am

Mursilis wrote:
die cowboys die wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

=D>
No one was saying the defense was great or there weren't other problems. The Campbell Bandwagon just knew Brunell was doing absolutely nothing to help the team win, and was just stealing snaps from The Kid. Unless JC gets hurt, there's no reason we ever need to see Mark on the field again.

While I'm not sure that the phrase "Brunell is the only reason that we are losing" was ever used, those were not too far from the sentiments expressed. Phrases such as "Gibbs has wasted this season with Mark Brunell" and "Brunell is ruining our season" logically dictate that Mark is the linchpin to our struggles--otherwise it couldn't be wasting the season to start him, since the blame would have been spread around a lot more.

That is to say, the claim that Brunell ruined our season attributes the loss of the season to Brunell essentially. The assertion that Brunell "ruined" both this year and next year is even stronger, and rides on that same principle.

That's not to say that the other problems were ignored, but surely the focus was misplaced if the 'pro-Campbell from the beginning' crowd (I'll even put positive spin on it for you ;)) really thought that the problems went far beyond just Brunell. It didn't seem to me like those were the ideas being tossed around. My 2 cents
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

piggie

Postby nuskins » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:06 pm

I wondered how long it would take for the "Brunell camp" to jump on this thread :lol:

It's humorous to see how the "Brunnies" continue to try and justify their irrational support.

I was a staunch anti-Brunell pundit, but never made claim that he was everything that was wrong. He was however the easiset thing to "fix" by pluggin JC in there and letting the future leader of the team get some experience.

I think b/c of the prior poor QB play the defense has been exposed and gutted in the first half of the season to a certain extent.

The D line is just awful, Griffin is the best we have and he is getting old I think, seems to be injured alot. We need to address the line first and foremost this offseason, offensive line too.

MLB and DB need scrutinizing as well. Get Rocky in there already Dangit! What is the deal?

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006