Official Panthers vs Redskins Postgame Discussion

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Fire in the Sky
Posts: 4730
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:31 am
Location: Surfside

Postby SkinsFreak » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:48 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:With JC in, we're seeing the ball spread around. No more throws to Moss who is being covered by 4 defenders. Our TE's are getting more touches. We're getting a deep ball threat. We're getting a more mobile QB.


Exactly. And no more throws out of bounds, or just throwing the ball away. JC is at least giving the receivers a chance to make a play. I think once JC has had time to gel with the receivers, we will have a real threat in the passing game.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:04 pm
Location: PA

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:49 pm

That touchdown to Randle El couldn't have been made by Brunell
don't even

~~~
Posts: 2992
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby Champsturf » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:54 pm

1fan4ramsey wrote:That touchdown to Randle El couldn't have been made by Brunell
I really doubt the first down scramble either, not at his age now. I suppose I could live in the past and wish that this was still the '90s and Brunell was in his prime........but I won't.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1510
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:31 pm

Postby SkinzCanes » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:05 pm

I don't know if I'm ready to believe that. For the most part, it looked like the same offense under Brunell, only with a taller QB.

Like you said, Campbell didn't light it up, but he certainly made a few key plays.

Now, I'm excited about the kid delivering a win as well, but if you were to change the number on the jersey, it wouldn't look too different of an output, IMO. (right down to the restlessness in the stands, and the calls for Joe to retire, streaming down from the "experts" in the Upper Level)


I don't think that Brunell would've been able to make any of the throws that JC has for td's. Maybe the one to Cooley but I doubt that Brunell would've stepped up in the pocket the way JC did.

The biggest difference between JC and Brunell is the fact that JC will stand in the pocket, look downfield, and stand in there despite the rush. When he leaves the pocket he has a chance to actually complete a pass, unlike Brunell who would just toss the ball out of bounds. Unlike JC, Brunell had happy feet and left the pocket WAY too soon or threw the ball away. And even though JC and his receivers couldn't connect early in the game , the threat of the downfield pass kept the Panthers from stacking the line, thereby allowing Duckett and Betts to run effectively.
"Archuletta on the sidelines is a plus for Redskins fans" - Brian Mitchell

Hog
Posts: 719
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

Postby Skins2daGrave » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:56 pm

SkinzCanes wrote:
I don't know if I'm ready to believe that. For the most part, it looked like the same offense under Brunell, only with a taller QB.

Like you said, Campbell didn't light it up, but he certainly made a few key plays.

Now, I'm excited about the kid delivering a win as well, but if you were to change the number on the jersey, it wouldn't look too different of an output, IMO. (right down to the restlessness in the stands, and the calls for Joe to retire, streaming down from the "experts" in the Upper Level)


I don't think that Brunell would've been able to make any of the throws that JC has for td's. Maybe the one to Cooley but I doubt that Brunell would've stepped up in the pocket the way JC did.

The biggest difference between JC and Brunell is the fact that JC will stand in the pocket, look downfield, and stand in there despite the rush. When he leaves the pocket he has a chance to actually complete a pass, unlike Brunell who would just toss the ball out of bounds. Unlike JC, Brunell had happy feet and left the pocket WAY too soon or threw the ball away. And even though JC and his receivers couldn't connect early in the game , the threat of the downfield pass kept the Panthers from stacking the line, thereby allowing Duckett and Betts to run effectively.


[-o<
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: Hopewell, VA

redeemed skin

Postby Redskin Don » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:45 am

I don't know if I'm ready to believe that. For the most part, it looked like the same offense under Brunell, only with a taller QB.

Like you said, Campbell didn't light it up, but he certainly made a few key plays.

Now, I'm excited about the kid delivering a win as well, but if you were to change the number on the jersey, it wouldn't look too different of an output, IMO. (right down to the restlessness in the stands, and the calls for Joe to retire, streaming down from the "experts" in the Upper Level)


Can't say I entirely agree with your assessment. The results may look similar right now, but there's one huge difference here: In Campbell, we're looking at a young, athletic QB learning his way with a potentially huge upside. In Brunell, we're looking at a wornout, beaten-up, old QB at the end of his career. I like Brunell, but it's not going to get better. He's had 2 years and it's the same old, same old.
"Winning isn't the only thing... it's EVERYTHING"

~~
User avatar
Posts: 8462
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:12 pm
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: redeemed skin

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:19 pm

Redskin Don wrote:...there's one huge difference here: In Campbell, we're looking at a young, athletic QB learning his way with a potentially huge upside. In Brunell, we're looking at a wornout, beaten-up, old QB at the end of his career. I like Brunell, but it's not going to get better.


Agreed, for the most part. However, I will say this: it was annoying to hear calls for Gibbs' head when the kid was throwing errant passes left and right during the game. All I could think was "that's what you wanted, so deal with it."

Definitely, JC has the more upside of the two.
Back and better than ever!

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006