Official game day thread ATL@WAS

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

Official game day thread ATL@WAS

Postby dmwc » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:14 am

I dont know if you guys know but lots of the major sites and forecasters are picking the WAS over ATL...

BELIEVE!!!
>>>IT STARTS WITH D and O LINEMEN, EVERY DOWN, EVERY GAME, EVERY SEASON<<<

RIP # 21!

Tired of people who think we need superstars at EVERY position to excel... we dont... just 53 guys who are tough an smart

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:30 am

like who? I like it when people pick against us quite honestly. I love the underdog role i feel our boys are hungrier.
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:01 am

Let's keep all Gameday comments in this thread.... please

HTTR HTTR HTTR HTTR HTTR

one HTTR for each win we need

The MATCHUPS

ATLANTA AT WASHINGTON TODAY: 1 P.M.,

Richmond Times-Dispatch Dec 3, 2006

REDSKINS' OFFENSE VS. FALCONS' DEFENSE

If the Redskins stick to the basics, running the ball first, even when little seems to be developing early, things should work out well late. That's what happened last week. Falcons defensive end John Abraham will play in his second game since missing nine of 10 games because of injuries. Abraham had little impact last week, but he is a pass-rushing force, and if he has his legs back, Chris Samuels faces a significant challenge this week. If Samuels can contain Abraham, then center Casey Rabach can help Randy Thomas with Rod Coleman, a run-stopping force at defensive tackle. If neither of these things work out, the Redskins' offense will have a tough day. The Falcons have been vulnerable to the deep pass. If the offensive line can give Jason Campbell time, this could be a big day for Santana Moss and even, dare it be said, Brandon Lloyd. Advantage: Washington

FALCONS' OFFENSE VS. REDSKINS' DEFENSE

No one has a defense that can contain Michael Vick. Vick has the speed of a wide receiver and a cannonlike arm. However, Vick has completed just 51 percent of his passes, something the Falcons attribute to butter-fingered wide receivers and not Vick's accuracy. Either way, the Redskins' secondary, which can be beaten, should benefit. They must account for Falcons tight end Alge Crumpler, the Falcons' leading receiver with 37 receptions and a 14.2 yards-per-catch average. Free safety Sean Taylor, the reigning NFC defensive player of the week, can be aggressive to a fault. If he comes up to stop or attempt to deliver a knockout blow to Vick, only to see Vick throw deep to a wide receiver who has run to the spot Taylor vacated, the Redskins will have problems. Advantage: Washington

SPECIAL TEAMS

The Falcons have Morten Andersen, the oldest and one of the best kickers in the NFL. The Redskins' kicking spot is unsettled and inconsistent. Washington punter Derrick Frost either has solved his technical problems or secretly uses footballs made of flubber when he's pounding his punts high and deep. The Falcons cover kickoffs better than punts, and Falcons return man Allen Rossum (25.5 yards per kickoff return, 9.5 per punt return) will be a challenge for the Redskins. Advantage: Atlanta

COACHING

As if there isn't enough pressure to win in the NFL, Falcons coach Jim Mora Jr. has declared that this is a game his team has to win. Gulp. The Falcons have lost four in a row and are playing on the road. Maybe this wasn't the best week to put a game in the must-win category. But Mora knows what he's doing. Redskins coach Joe Gibbs is far more inclined to guarantee a loss than a victory. Gibbs has re-asserted himself in the way the Redskins conduct their practices and play their games. The result so far has been a more physical running game and a more determined defense. Advantage: Washington

INTANGIBLES

The Redskins are at home, coming off a victory, have a young quarterback who gives the team hope and the fans reason to cheer. The Redskins also are determined to go on a winning streak that matches last year's five in a row to close the season. Advantage: Washington

Coverage map

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:29 am

Listen live pregame has already started
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:21 am

TIME TO DOMINATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:27 am

1niksder wrote:Coverage map

:hmm: :? now why in the world would they play the NO/SF game in eastern NC? like anyone here gives a rats ass about NO or SF. thanking my lucky stars for sunday ticket. :P
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:29 am

1niksder wrote:Coverage map

WTF is up with the SF-NO game showing in parts of the Carolinas and Virginia? Atlanta is in the same division as Atlanta, and the Redskins and Falcons are the closest teams, both geographically and support-wise in the area.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:51 am

If I lived any further south I'd be in the same boat but I'd take Minny/Chitown over SF/NO. The entire east coast should have this game
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Hog

Postby ArizonaHOG » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:53 am

Time for a Skins dominating performance at home. We've had exciting games that end on late big plays, but not a dominating "feel-good" game with TD passes to take a lead and a punishing ground game to control the game. Go Redskins!

I'l like to see my favorite play - victory formation kneel down to end the game.
Beat Dallas!!!

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:57 am

S. Springs Out today
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:59 am

Messed up his Hammy in warm-ups
Looks like K Wright
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

~~~~

Postby ANT7088 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:08 pm

1niksder wrote:Messed up his Hammy in warm-ups
Looks like K Wright

At least the Atlanta WRs can't catch!
AnTsSkInZ

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:13 pm

From a soon to be locked thread ....

But maybe very useful to some of us.

xhadow wrote:Direct TV,

Check out this link and download the sopcast player.

http://streamednfl.blogspot.com/

I have been searching for weeks, I can't get D-TV so this is the next best thing.

This is especially for those skins fans overseas!!!!
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:51 pm

i have to watch NE beat up on a poor liions team... booooooo

GO SKINS!!! contain vick, force him to throw and we will be all right
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

Hog

Postby Skins2daGrave » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:53 pm

we're screwed...thank you shawn springs
16 Ounce Bottle Of Coke: $2
3 Bags Of Chips: $8
40" Plasma Screen TV: $2000
Watching the Cowgirls get beaten in Dallas with 2 4th Quarter TD passes to Santana Moss: Priceless

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006