Redskins v Iggles gameday thread

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Hog

Postby DaSkins24 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:02 pm

Over 400 yards of offense, yet only 19 points. This is what happens when your offensive playcaller lacks cojones. Take a damn chance once in a while!

Hog

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:03 pm

[quote="ryanw7196"]that last drive was all on the defense but anyone else questioning the field goal there at the end of the game?[/quote 2

and the one on 4 and 2
don't even

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:04 pm

Again, a field goal with minutes left? Come on........we need to atleast attempt to win the freaking game. Playing safe is BS when you are down 5.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:05 pm

Cappster wrote:Again, a field goal with minutes left? Come on........we need to atleast attempt to win the freaking game. Playing safe is BS when you are down 5.

and nothing else at stake!!!
it is what it is

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:05 pm

If I tried....I don't think I could list all of the inexcusable, unexplainable calls on both sides this year. With the game on the line....1st and goal from the 3, you just have to give it to Betts 4 times, punch it in for the win. But NO NO NO, we have to get cute.

Like I said......the unemployment line is where this coaching staff should be in January....every last one of them ALL 22

And here we go again with Gibbs and how proud he is of this 4-9 joke of a team.

WHAT IS THIS???? THE FREAKING TWILITE ZONE?

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:06 pm

DaSkins24 wrote:Over 400 yards of offense, yet only 19 points. This is what happens when your offensive playcaller lacks cojones. Take a damn chance once in a while!

Actually they just said it was 415 to 263. How, how? Settling for FG's.
Not getting the TD on the last drive, 1st & Goal form the 3, was our chance. Sonny & Sam are in the locker room. Should be interesting.
How did we not win? Turnovers and missed opportunities. Sound familiar?
Last edited by SCSkinsFan on Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skins fan Stuck in Panther land

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:12 pm

Gibbs took the punk way out by going for a field goal on the last offensive drive. The dude is in denial he actually thinks the team has a chance to go to the playoffs.

As a whole its a bad team. Starting with the man in charge...Gibbs.

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:13 pm

Turnovers, penalties, and missed opportunites.
Lions & Tigers & Bears.
Oh my!

Brandon Lloyd sounded like he has almost in tears. At least it is good to hear some of the players they are talking to (JC, ARE, Coach Joe, and others) taking this loss seriously. Just wish that emotion and effort was evident on the field every play. Too bad Betts didn't get his 200 yards.

Hog

Postby dnpmakkah » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:19 pm

Gibbs is so annoying sometimes. Every question he is asked he somehow starts talking about the fans. It's like STFU already and do something constructive on the field man. You're here to coach not get into our pants.

swine

Postby fan4life28 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:27 pm

we were one play away from winning this game. if the interception in the red zone didn't happen, we would have had at least three points on the board. we had two dropped interceptions that could've been turned into some more points. and if jason had been a little bit more careful with the ball with that first interception, that would've taken away 7 from the iggles. in pro sports it's the little things that count, and we didn't do those little things, and it shows.
Dump SI

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:31 pm

dnpmakkah wrote:Gibbs is so annoying sometimes. Every question he is asked he somehow starts talking about the fans. It's like STFU already and do something constructive on the field man. You're here to coach not get into our pants.

Someone has to speak for the team, but other than the play calling on the last drive and settling for the FG (was that Joe?), until he is the one on the field play D and not stopping the otehr team when the need to, or he is the one throwing the INT's, or he is the one committing the penalties, I think you and everyone else needs to go find something else to complain about. Not Coach Joe Gibbs.

piggie

Postby jru37726 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:45 pm

SCSkinsFan wrote:
dnpmakkah wrote:Gibbs is so annoying sometimes. Every question he is asked he somehow starts talking about the fans. It's like STFU already and do something constructive on the field man. You're here to coach not get into our pants.

Someone has to speak for the team, but other than the play calling on the last drive and settling for the FG (was that Joe?), until he is the one on the field play D and not stopping the otehr team when the need to, or he is the one throwing the INT's, or he is the one committing the penalties, I think you and everyone else needs to go find something else to complain about. Not Coach Joe Gibbs.

Obviously you havent watched the games. This is the worst play calling i have EVER seen. Its despicable. I'm sorry.....your back gets 171 yds, you have TOP over 2 to 1, u are supposed to win. When you are in the red zone 3 times.....score a TD. Was it the players fault that our 171 yd running back wasnt in the game 1st and goal at the 3......end of the game? Whose to blame on that? Come on man....get with it. Stop making excuses for this guy.

P.S. I am very happy he is upset for the fans. gimme a break!

Hog

Postby Gnome » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:52 pm

Here's my game review - just for the record.

Jason made mistakes but he's going to be good for a long, long time. I believe we can win with him in the game. We shoulda coulda today.

The weakness on this team is the linebacker core. Holdman and Marshall are constantly being abused.

The play calling is supspect, but not horrid. The guys have to execute. They blew it on that last drive by not executing. This is league where defense wins games - ask the Colts how far a once in a lifetime offense will take you? And it's the defense that's the main culprit in the 4-9 season, and it was on display again today.

Big plus - do we finally have a kicker? The guy was money today.
All Hail the Maroon and Black!!!!

piggie

Postby jru37726 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:58 pm

12 men on the field......3rd down and goal at the 2.......is that the players fault?

Listen, i love Gibbs as much as everyone else but he's not getting the job done week after week after week..its almost to the point where its embarrassing. Time management has been high schoolish if not worse and in game 13......you get that penalty at the most crucial time of the game.....its inexcusable.

And Campbell should have been in a long time ago......down 21-3 with Brunell in the game.....the game was over....but with Campbell, we have a chance. Sure he is gonna make mistakes, but lets hope he gets most of them out this yr, since the season is over.

SCskinsFan

Postby SCSkinsFan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:03 pm

jru37726 wrote:
SCSkinsFan wrote:

Obviously you havent watched the games. This is the worst play calling i have EVER seen. Its despicable. I'm sorry.....your back gets 171 yds, you have TOP over 2 to 1, u are supposed to win. When you are in the red zone 3 times.....score a TD. Was it the players fault that our 171 yd running back wasnt in the game 1st and goal at the 3......end of the game? Whose to blame on that? Come on man....get with it. Stop making excuses for this guy.

P.S. I am very happy he is upset for the fans. gimme a break!

I have watched almost all of the games and have followed the ones that I haven't been able to see. And, I agree with with you, and am just as upset with the team on every point you made. Yes, with those stats we are supposed to win. just like we should have won last weeks game against the Falcons. Go back and read my posts during the game. But again, the question is, are all of those things you can pin on Coach Gibbs? There are other coaches involeved making the calls on the field, and he is not one of the player on the field executing, or failing to execute the plays. He might be faulted for delegating the authority too thin, but that's the the course the team has decided to take this year. Obviously it hasn't worked, so let's just say that there is a lot of blame to go around in 2006 from the top down.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006