Washington Redskins @ New Orleans Saints Gameday Thread

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:45 pm

JPM36 wrote:I just hope we don't overhaul the offense in the offseason.

Year 2 of Saunders scheme, with Campbell having a full offseason getting all the starter reps, and getting Portis back healthy we should be fine on offense with this same group.

We need to add some players on defense and get them back up to where they were last year.

As right as rain. Almost all of the pick ups should be for defense-- DE first (Gaines Adams), CB second, LB third (preferably a MLB).

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:45 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
Smithian wrote:I'll take the all around game of Portis over Betts. Plus, the O-Line blowing teams up.

Most importantly, the super millionaire better be what the offense is built around.
No way Portis will ever be the pass receiver Betts is. As a matter of fact, Portis is not the runner Betts has been for the past four games. I have no real explanation of what's happening. I don't believe it's just improved line play. Maybe Campbell being in there is opening up holes to run through. Hard to tell exactly what's what. Whatever, it's time to send Brunell on his way and think of Betts as competing for the no. one spot.

Portis faced 8 man fronts. Betts has the luxury of being in there with JC. JC is FORCING the defenses to respect the pass. Im sorry MB04 lovers but he didn't do that and yes he DID have time, sometimes. JC is pushing the defense back. Portis is better than Betts in 9/10 categories and doesn't put the ball on the ground nearly as much.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:50 pm

dnpmakkah wrote:Nice pressure by Andre Carter.
Another good game for Carter. Very encouraging.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:19 pm

HOSS wrote:
JPM36 wrote:If anyone is still paying attention, Sean Taylor has made a strong case for himself as a Pro Bowler the last few weeks... He was awesome in today's game.

Taylor was Johnnie on the Spot. :wink:

He somehow remembered that the arms are vital in successful tackling tachnique.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:16 pm

The OLINE

Awesome game

It was worth not getting in the dance this year just to have MB benched.
Jason Campbell has shown us he can be the guy! Can you imagine with a passing game that actually commands respect and Portis and the new Ladell! Holy crap next year is going to be fun. Not to mention we should get a high draft choice this year right? I say we bulk up the defense and maybe get someone to replace Yoder on offense he sucks...backup TE Robert Royal style. All & ALL what a WIN!! We went against arguably the best team in the NFL in their house and punched them in the nose!! Oh and #85 had some nice ones today as well...after every catch I kept going "The B-lloyd Show" in that slow voice that his show starts out with haha. GIBBS KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING FOLKS.

P.S. Lamar Marshall plays badly. And so does Warrick Holdman. They got
abused as usual and never get turnovers. Where is Tracy Rocker
when we need him!?
HAIL

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:17 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
Smithian wrote:I'll take the all around game of Portis over Betts. Plus, the O-Line blowing teams up.

Most importantly, the super millionaire better be what the offense is built around.
No way Portis will ever be the pass receiver Betts is. As a matter of fact, Portis is not the runner Betts has been for the past four games. I have no real explanation of what's happening. I don't believe it's just improved line play. Maybe Campbell being in there is opening up holes to run through. Hard to tell exactly what's what. Whatever, it's time to send Brunell on his way and think of Betts as competing for the no. one spot.

Hmmm. . .too bad there's no way to make Portis and Betts a one-two punch. . .

Oh well! I say let them fight to the death in training camp; survivor gets the starting spot. . .

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

Hmmm. . .too bad there's no way to make Portis and Betts a one-two punch. . .

Oh well! I say let them fight to the death in training camp; survivor gets the starting spot. . .

There will be plenty of room in the backfield next year...

Look at the one sack the Redskins gave up today, Saunders was running a WISHBONE :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

cappster

Postby Cappster » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:51 pm

As I stated before the game started, we needed good play from Rogers and the secondary. Butterfingers Rogers actually intercepted a pass....let me say that again. Butterfinger Rogers actually intercepted a pass. Wow, haven't said that much this year.

I am also with CLL on the fact that Portis is better than Betts. A blind man can see the BIG HOLES that the o-line is creating. With Betts having a good run, it reminds me of how people were/are jumping on the Romo bandwagon. Betts is not the second coming of Jim Brown. I like Betts but he is no Portis. Just like CLL said, Betts has the luxury of having a quarterback that stretches the field while Portis has never had that.

With all of that being said, I am glad we won today and look forward to building upon what we started. Nothing cures end of season blues like winning out and watching Campbell lay the foundation for next season.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:07 pm

Cappster wrote:As I stated before the game started, we needed good play from Rogers and the secondary. Butterfingers Rogers actually intercepted a pass....let me say that again. Butterfinger Rogers actually intercepted a pass. Wow, haven't said that much this year.

First time it would be true if you have said it before today :(

Cappster wrote:I am also with CLL on the fact that Portis is better than Betts. A blind man can see the BIG HOLES that the o-line is creating. With Betts having a good run, it reminds me of how people were/are jumping on the Romo bandwagon. Betts is not the second coming of Jim Brown. I like Betts but he is no Portis. Just like CLL said, Betts has the luxury of having a quarterback that stretches the field while Portis has never had that.

Betts will make a good chage up for CP, (how much further would some of these plays have gone if the back had hit the hole quicker?). I'd also like to see both of them in the backfield together.

Cappster wrote:With all of that being said, I am glad we won today and look forward to building upon what we started. Nothing cures end of season blues like winning out and watching Campbell lay the foundation for next season.

Ain't that the truth
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006