Skins/Saints Post Game Discussion

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
cleg

Postby cleg » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:50 pm

I don't care what the "experts" say, the game was satisfying and we won. Carlos Rogers almost dropped his INT.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:24 pm

Carlos Rogers almost dropped his INT.

I noticed more that Rogers held on to the ball.

Also that he was in just the right position to make the play

Finally, that Rogers was in the perfect postion and made a perfect play on the last NO pass of the game.

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:12 pm

For those of you that said the Redskins were going to win today, you can say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!"

Good game. It is the first game since Jacksonville in which the Redskins looked like a complete team.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:15 pm

Big win today, no matter if we can't make the playoffs. Betts slashing into the gut of the secondary for 10+ yard chunks, Campbell airing it out, our receivers making plays (Cooley rumbling down field), Carlos Rogers stepping up big time . . . what's not to like about this win?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:53 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:... what's not to like about this win?
Its loneliness. :cry:

Great effort. Let's see how the next few games play out.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

piglet

Postby skinzrule » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:31 pm

nice win today. Nice to finally enjoy a football game. Cannot take anything good out of this year yet. This team still needs a personell overhaul and a new attitude. It starts with the top #1 danny #2 gibbs. Anyone wonder how good we could have been if the man upstairs stuck it out with Marty?

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:23 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:They also dropped some passes.

1. TD pass by ARE.
2. Lloyd had a drop I believe.
3. Cooley had a drop.

the lloyd thing you're thinking of was when campbell threw a perfect bomb down the sideline, lloyd had like 4 yards on the defender, wide open, but lost the ball in the lights or something. he couldn't locate it, and it landed right next to him. would have been a sure TD.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:34 am

Odd play, Campbell says he wants to be able to just know where his WR will be. I think we'll see this again but once they haave their timing down LOOK OUT
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby floridaskinsfan » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:57 am

I just love how many times we went deep today. I was good to see things open up. Even though we only scored 16 points, there was the potential there for many more big plays. That was exciting.

I hated seeing Moss getting pissed when Campbell over/underthrew him a few times. He is still much better than Sucknell.

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:32 am

Campbell needs to work on his short and mid range touch passes. Once he's able to float the ball in between a short and a deep guy, he'll be fine. I would guess that it's a pretty typical fault of young qb's, trying to rifle everything in.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:45 am

joebagadonuts wrote:Campbell needs to work on his short and mid range touch passes. Once he's able to float the ball in between a short and a deep guy, he'll be fine. I would guess that it's a pretty typical fault of young qb's, trying to rifle everything in.

Agreed, his release point is very low on those types of passes but that is the kind of thing that can be fixed with practice.
RIP Sean Taylor

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:58 am

floridaskinsfan wrote:I just love how many times we went deep today... [Campbell] is still much better than [Bru]nell.

That was one thing that really stod out to me as well. The Skins went deep lik 5 straight times (it seemed)!!!! Admittedly, we would not have done that with Mark under center. JC uses his height advantage to see the entire field, and that (plus his cannon) really gives the team a deep threat.

Now, toward the end of the 1st half, JC was overthrowing passes to Moss and others along the sideline that Brunell could hit in his sleep. My 2 cents

Of course, once he gets those down (with practice, as CLL suggested), he will be a monstah!!! :up:
Back and better than ever!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:21 am

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:
floridaskinsfan wrote:I just love how many times we went deep today... [Campbell] is still much better than [Bru]nell.

That was one thing that really stod out to me as well. The Skins went deep lik 5 straight times (it seemed)!!!! Admittedly, we would not have done that with Mark under center. JC uses his height advantage to see the entire field, and that (plus his cannon) really gives the team a deep threat.

Now, toward the end of the 1st half, JC was overthrowing passes to Moss and others along the sideline that Brunell could hit in his sleep. My 2 cents

Of course, once he gets those down (with practice, as CLL suggested), he will be a monstah!!! :up:

I am just like you guys. Shocked :shock: that we went downfield so many times. I believe this is the type of offense that Saunders was bought in for. Gashing with the run and going for the big pass play. I am with you guys on the fact JC just needs more practice and getting the timing down with his WRs. I also like the fact that JC is playing smart football. He isn't turning the ball over but he is taking chances.

I also like his decision making when he gets flushed. When he decides to run, he doesn't hesitate, he makes the decision and he either goes or throws.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:29 am

Everyone is saying his best pass is the deep fade, and we have 3 recievers that are perfect for running that type route. So coners will play off the wideouts and safties will not be able to come down in the box.

Play-action will help the run and the deep routes will help the run game. Not a real option before JC got under center
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:41 am

I believe Campbell played very average at best, and that's all. All of the dirt balls and overthrown balls to wide open recievers is not good QB play, especially with the running game working so well and the protection he had......he was hardly touched, and had all day to throw. So the jury is still out on him IMO. So far i've seen very little to get overly excited about. He is far from the level of play that we see in Young, and Rivers, and Romo

Betts and the O-Line on he other hand were as good as it gets, and the old D of the past showed up and played great.

But I still just don't get this offensive play calling. The red zone offense is plain pitiful....we're running great....we get in the red zone and get cute and try some mis-direction and lose yards. And kicking FG from iside the 5 yard line is gutless. It almost cost us the game again yesterday. We're lucky Rodgers was having an out-of-body experience.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006