Game Day Superstitions

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Site Admin

Game Day Superstitions

Postby BossHog » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:32 am

My last post got me thinking about everyone's game day superstitions, so I wanted to know what everyone's are.

Here's a few of mine...

Always wear a Redskins hat... I rub the brim on every play that I think the Redskins need a little added luck.

Always wear Redskin colors from the moment you wake up on Game Day... don't put something on and think your fooling the football gods if you change into your gear later... in B&G right from the crack of dawn.

NEVER let opposing colors into your house on game day. If it's not the team your playing, then that's kay... but never, ever let a buddy into the house if he's wearing the gear of the team your playing against... ever! :)

Always yell at the TV... the players can hear you if you yell loud enough.

And perhaps the most important of all...

NEVER leave the room during the game... this will always breed disaster. If you gotta use the head... wait til a commercial... need something to eat... wait for a commercial.

I always know when the opposition scores, that some peion has got up and gone to the washroom in the middle of the game... for crying out loud... wait til a commercial!!!

:D
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:18 am

This year, I wear the new mesh cap (because it reminds me of when they won Super Bowl 22, when I was 4 months old) with the autographs of Chris Samuels, Darnerien McCants, Robert Gillespie, and John Jefferson. The hat I wore every game for the past couple of years was the hat with the blended color spectrum from yellow to red with LaVar's autograph on it. I have worn my red Chris Samuels jersey the past three years.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:36 am

boss said
NEVER let opposing colors into your house on game day. If it's not the team your playing, then that's kay... but never, ever let a buddy into the house if he's wearing the gear of the team your playing against... ever!

DAMN!!! 1 of my best friends is a giant fan, he always comes over for this rivalry, my house when skins are home, his house when the gnats are. i KNOW for a fact he'll be in his "new" shockey jersey. Monkey its ok though, he'll be completly surrounded by B & G. :twisted:

as far as game day gear... i got a certain hat i wear, and at halftime if we need a little luck i break out a "special" skins hat for that little bit of extra luck. and this year i wear #78 jersey at least until bruce gets his record. :wink:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:07 am

i KNOW for a fact he'll be in his "new" shockey jersey.

Oh no. Suddenly I don't feel so good. :-)

Well, it's on your conscience. I'd hand him a plain white t-shirt and black tie when he walks in, that's what I'd do.

... of course, the reciprocal result is that you can never go to a buddy's house in team colors for a game either.

Gotta choose wisely... if you go out more, then don't have the rule... if you're game central... don't tempt the football gods.

I'm an idiot... i know, i know.

HTTR

swine

Postby skinsNut » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:35 am

I have to eat Chili on gameday.

And beer.
Hail to the Redskins

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:44 am

Food and drink is another thread entirely :-)

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:07 pm

boss wrote
Oh no. Suddenly I don't feel so good.

Well, it's on your conscience. I'd hand him a plain white t-shirt and black tie when he walks in, that's what I'd do.

... of course, the reciprocal result is that you can never go to a buddy's house in team colors for a game either.

Gotta choose wisely... if you go out more, then don't have the rule... if you're game central... don't tempt the football gods.

we wear our colors anytime were around each other....if one of us don't have our colors with us, its braggin rights for the other.....oh, i see you finally came around....that kinda thing :twisted: our rule is who ever has the most colors is the man...hell i even got B & G boxers on.
Food and drink is another thread entirely

i didn't mention the lucky beer earlier. i gotta have my new castle on gameday :) i just had to go to 3 different stores to get it, but i got my brown ale. 8) now wheres that rabbits foot at????
GO SKINS!!!
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:08 pm

A few years back, I started wearing my good ol' #44 Riggins official jersey on game day. We may have not won every game that I wore it, but I still feel damn proud wearing when I watch the Skins!

Oh yeah! One more thing that's a must on game day: -drinking
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:45 pm

1) The hat. I got so many, from the ol' Gibbs 'R' mesh-back to a 70th-anniversary arrow, that's it's hard to figure out which one is THE hat for this season. Turns out that a $5 cheapie that I bought at the beach one summer happens to be 2-0 this year. It's on the head now.

2) The game-time meal. Barbeque. PORK to be specific. It'll be ribs today.

3) The jersey. Must be game-accurate. If the Redskins are in white (and it appears white-on-white will be en vogue again today), then the #44 is on. If they're in burgundy, it's the #48 Davis (until I can secure a #11 Ramsey and, eventually, a legal #56 Arrington [-o< )

4) The music. Must have a version of "Hail to the Redskins" (.wav, .mp3, tape, CD, sing if I must) cued up and ready to play at every score.

5) The radio. When possible, the TV sound must go down and Sonny, Sam and Frank go up.

6) The next-day Papa John's pizza deal. (One free topping and 20-oz. soda for every TD scored) If they score 3 TDs, win or lose, I'm there. Of course, the 'za tastes SO much better after a win!

That's enough, dont'cha think?
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006