Lack of Discipline

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Pursuer of Justice

Lack of Discipline

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:56 pm

How frustrating was that!?!?! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I predicted that the Redskins would totally beat the Giants today. I was half correct. The Redskins did totally beat the crap out of a team......themselves. ](*,) ](*,)

When is this freakin' team gonna get more discipline and stop incurring those damn penalties!?!?!!? ;furious; ;furious;

Why didn't our defense bumm-rush Collins in O.T. like they did (and were very successful I might ad) in the 4th quarter? :?: :-k

Yes, the Skins came back and made it somewhat respectable....but until this team gets more discipline and stops those damn penalties, I'm afraid we're gonna be in for another long, non-playoff, year. :( :(

One suggestion to Spurrier, whomever on the team gets a "taunting" penalty....fine 'em $10,000.00!!! My 2 cents My 2 cents My 2 cents
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:59 pm

Not just a taunting penalty - any penalty that involves mental discipline.

I am tired of seeing half our yards vanish into yellow flags.

Three holds on the line call back a touchdown and two other big gains.

SCREAM!
Rich in Roanoke

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:01 pm

I agree...not just the taunting penalty....but those really piss me off the most. Drastic action is needed for this team...and needed now!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:02 pm

i am completly stunned too. we could have been an 8-8 or 9-7 team last year, we add this talented group of players, and we still may end up 8-8 or 9-7 this year ;furious; -drinking -drinking -drinking ....... i was hoping fudamentals would come into play somewhere amongst the rebuilding process...........

I have to say that THIS issue lies with Spurrier, Edwards, Jackson et al.

I watched this with Norv too.

We have intelligent players, and good ones.

WTF are they going to do about this????????????
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:20 am

Here ya go - CBS Sportsline recap includes this quote:

But Washington (2-1) had no business being in the game after committing a franchise-tying 17 penalties for 142 yards, including nine in the first half. They rallied only because the Giants starting returning the favor, committing 11 of their 15 penalties after halftime.

Coach Steve Spurrier said the penalties were indicative of "pure bad discipline."

"I guess we've got to fine guys that do things like that," Spurrier said. "I guess we ought to fine them pretty hard. ... I didn't think it was that hard to play within the rules, but we're having a hard time doing it."

The Redskins' 17 penalties tied a team record set in a 10-7 loss to the Steelers on Oct. 10, 1948.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:44 am

Guys.... trim your posts. There is no need to have two posts in a row from the same person, that's what the 'edit' button is for.

This includes moderators!

If you have an afterthought, don't post a 'consecutive' message, hit the edit button and add it to the original post.

Let's try keep these threads as readable as possible please.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piglet

Postby redskin mark » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:14 pm

I have been writing about this problem since pre-season. What the hell has threatening players gotten the team?...nothing!

I agree, this lies with Spurrier, et. al.
HAIL ARRINGTON...FROM SO CAL.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:48 pm

Do you mean threatening without carrying it out like the mother who threatens to take her child to the car for a spanking 32 times in the store and never does?

Or do you mean threatening like Spurrier just did? I think he needs to dock their pay 500 bucks for every yard of penalties someone incurs in a game. Someone gets a 38 yard pass interference call - their paycheck is going to be a bit lighter the next week.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:10 pm

Someone gets a 38 yard pass interference call - their paycheck is going to be a bit lighter the next week

i feel ya pain, but we gotta remain aggresive, and not think twice about playin the game. i would agree with that if it were personal mental mistakes, such as taunting, personal foul, offsides, etc. but being fined for playing football is not good, pass interference, or when somthing like helmet to helmet occurs. that would be a $7500 pop for say...trotter
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:29 pm

I would agree HS... most stuff is explainable, but holding for an all pro who has been playing football since he was what... 9? and knows better should be fined.

Helmet to helmet - no. Roughing the passer if the guy had the chance to stop - absolutely fine em. If there is a chance not to make the mistake, like Bruce with his offsides trying to time it on a 3rd and 29 for goshsakes... fine em. There is no call for trying to time it in a situation almost impossible to get out of unless two bonehead penalties in a row make it possible.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:46 pm

they say nice guys are poor motivators. jackson and edwards both fit the nice guy description, but from what i've heard, they are great motivators.....go figure.
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:51 pm

Jackson I think could be a great disciplinarian, and Edwards too - I kept hearing Edwards screaming at the players for stupid stuff at camp.

I think the head coach is the only one who can set fines and such though - really.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006