I will not get too upset over this...

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
sfir

I will not get too upset over this...

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:33 pm

Because:

They came back despite what they did to themselves.

Ramsey showed every stinking doubter out there what he is made of.

The middle of the DLine still was stingy barring a couple of plays.

The Oline, when it wasn't holding or jumping, provided great pockets for Ramsey.

The receivers (once they received rectusheadusremovus surgery) were all over the place and making catches worthy of the pros.

Teams out there will think twice about considering us the weak spot in their schedule (tho that is a pride thing and not necessarily good)

What I agree with everyone else is that the mistakes have to go, especially the stupid ones like the taunting and the fight. I personally think that not only should they be fined, but maybe go back to two a days, not get Monday off, and have massive physical punishment for the next couple of days, like full field windsprint drills - one for every yard of penalties. The WHOLE team. EVERYONE, including Hall. That will make someone think twice before throwing a ball at someone. Believe me - it works - everyone else will keep everyone else in line or everyone suffers.

What I *am* mad about that most might think I am being too harsh about is the fact that a weakness on the left side of the line - ie Bruce and his lack of covering the run - is not being addressed at ALL by George Edwards. He was turned so many times today against the run with trap blocks that he resembled a top. He thinks every play is a pass rush and it ISN'T!!! He goes for the QB and gets pushed farther out if he starts an outside rush, leaving a gaping hole inside. Or vice versa. He doesn't stop to think run, and hasn't since he started playing at Tech. He is killing us, and it was proven today with over half the runs with Tiki going right past a struggling Bruce watching helplessly as Tiki ran past him to the inside. What makes me madder is that Edwards isn't seeing this.

For the person who said the special teams might get better with gelling and with time - today showed you might have been right (Fran I think... my memory is for crap right now).

Opponents - just remember - we do have a real QB, and his name is Ramsey - don't blink or he WILL beatcha. This mess can't go on forever and if it stops, there isn't a team that Ramsey and the offense can't beat.

Just a few thoughts.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:36 pm

i don't think trying to put lavar on the weakside is a good idea......
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:38 pm

I don't know - Armstead and Bruce missed so many today it might be something to think about and LA blitzes from the QB's blindside might have potential
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:03 pm

I don't know - Armstead and Bruce missed so many today it might be something to think about and LA blitzes from the QB's blindside might have potential

it didn't work today.....leave well enuff alone.......armstead is the "underrateed" player, which is why he sneaks up with a saftey last week... weakside is again playin lavar out of his most productive position.....
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:18 pm

ok... jeez - cinch a safety up, play pierce, whatever - there is a problem there, it was there last week, the Giants saw it and exploited it, and it will be there every week from now on if they don't do ANYTHING but say, " no we can't move LA over there".

There are stunts, safety blitzes, cb blitzes, shifts, overs, unders, what the heck ever.

To sit there and let Bruce constantly bypass runners on the way to the QB on obvious RUNNING downs is ignorant and worthy of mention. To continue to allow it after it was a GAPING wound today would be worse.

Watch and see. I saw it for four years at Va. Tech. The Bills were exploited over there for years. Believe it - and the suggestion for LA to move there didn't come from me, I just responded to yours :)

Yes, Armstead had a safety. Yes he makes tackles. Unfortunately most of his tackles in the Atlanta game and today came well beyond the line of scrimmage. Pride ain't got nothing to do with it HS.... we have to swallow it for the good of the team. If we have to shift Armstead over and provide help, start Upshaw in place of Smith on obvious run plays... we do it and get better as a team.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:31 pm

this has nothing to do with pride, i think LA did a good job where he was lined up at. but he could have done better in his "most comfortable" position. he played at strong side for 2 weeks + preseason....i won't comment on the line as "singles", but as a whole, AGAIN, NO pass rush.....NONE WHATSOEVER..... i'm stunned....at such a horrible outing.....WE HAD A CHANCE..... i know 49yd+ field goals aren't reasonable, but Hall had a chance to win it too.......twice, i guess this is what separates the good kickers from the great. i'd rather have a "good" kicker over what we've had the last five or so years though....
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:38 am

Fine. Leave Lavar there.

Singles? Did you tape the game? Go back and count the number of runs to the left and how many times they gained 4+ yards.

One of the MAIN reasons for no pash rush is the running game worked - Tiki had over 120 yards rushing. Pass rush is destroyed by a good run game.

The SECOND reason the pash rush was non existant was the three step drop pass style of Collins. You can't beat that without additional, faster blitzers. Four man down linemen rushing normally (90%+) of the time can't get to a three step drop in time.

We have some good backs we are going up against. If you really want a pash rush - we HAVE to stop the run first. That means plugging the holes on the (I kept calling it left - left of the OL) right side of the DL. Bruce is a run sieve. Jesse isn't plugging the gaps. What might you suggest to help stop that?

Hall, I can't blame. Had a couple of those penalties not been called or a few of those passes not been dropped, he would have been in easy range. Five yards further forward and the one that dinged the upright would have scraped through most likely.

Fix the penalties, fix the right DE problem, you'll have a much better team that won't have to necessarily rely on Hall to win.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:24 am

Justy fix the damn penalties and we'll be all right.

Throw everything else out and we'd ahve still won this game if not for stupidity and lack of discipline.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:08 am

boss wrote
Throw everything else out and we'd ahve still won this game if not for stupidity and lack of discipline.

agreed. was intoxicated. -drinking had to make up excuses as to why we lost.
THN's resident jerk.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006