today's rating

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
aka Evil Hog

today's rating

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:23 pm

p-rams passer rating..... 67.8 :hmm: why the conservative approach during the second half?????now a total season avg of 78.77 :( why the bs game plan in the second half? "young" qb's avg a 52 rating and a 44% completion against bellycheck... ramsey was 67.8 but a miserable 45.45%
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

piglet

2nd half, Right wing play

Postby ideagirl » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:42 pm

P-ram; It's still Spurrier's learning curve on how to tuck away a 10 point lead and still make things happen, like force mistakes, juice up the crowd with agreesive Defense. At least this season, he has finally learned that running the ball is the key to a play-off berth. This is the difference between the 2002 Skins and the 2003 Skins.

Woo Hoo to everyone and Baby Patrick has got his sea legs now! They played like a very well-rounded team today. (exception, penalties).

IdeaGirl :D
Redskins Rock & Rule....purely subjective, of course, but it's in my DNA.:) ideagirl@excite.com

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:49 pm

i have to admit, i'd rather see every guy on the team suffer in stats, and the team excell in the W's......
THN's resident jerk.

piglet

Postby ideagirl » Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:39 pm

Now you're talking, P-ram! :) A Win, is a Win, is a Win, and until stats have a part in wild-card or play-off berth's, they're nice to chat about, as most of the time, numbers don't lie, but it's the scoreboard numbers that count. :) Bring on da Squeagles......we owe 'em one in the city of brotherly love.....I use that term loosely, as they have the rudest fans I've ever met in the entire league. I predict we will ring their Liberty Bell and put yet another crack in it! Wooooo, I'm fired up. Better go for a run as it is a beautiful day here in Atlanta.

IG
Redskins Rock & Rule....purely subjective, of course, but it's in my DNA.:) ideagirl@excite.com

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:20 pm

I agree....a win is a win is a win....but I'm also looking towards the future.

The Skins' play in the 2nd half is NOT what I want to see next week against divisional opponent Eagles.

Say what you want about the Eagles....but they're gonna be tough to be at "The Link". Hopefully, the Skins will come out strong offensively next week and pound it to 'em.

I liked what I saw in the first half today...but there was much to conservative (a la Norv) in the 2nd half. Hopefully, we'll see full offensive intensity for 60 minutes next week!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:25 pm

I agree VH. I don't know that I agree with the "don't kick 'em while they are down" attitude. I like the runs, but even if you want to just short pass 'em to death, don't stop passing.

Not for the stats, but for the momentum, which we nearly handed completely to the Pats.
Rich in Roanoke

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:13 pm

This team has to learn how to put a team away.(thought we did when the bum call came on the Coles catch).

You let a team hang around by playing too conservative, before you know it they think they can actually win - then you are in real trouble.

Of course since we have been the team coming from behing every week, we haven't had any practise at holding a lead.

Hope we learn quick how to get ahead and bury the opponent.

3-1 still is mighty sweet!! :lol:
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:43 am

Damned if you do... damned if you don't.

While the end result made the decision seem suspect, personally i was glad to see the conservative approach. Like it or not, the Pats ran out of time. We ran enough time off of the clock, for them to not be able to get back into the game.

If Spurrier throws some incomplete passes and doesn't work the clock like he did... maybe that doesn't happen. Maybe it does, I don't know.

What I do know is that we beat a team that played well in the second half.

What I do know is that it was harder for Spurrier to watch than for anyone else.

What I do know is that we're 3-1 and I'm not going to gripe about not 'putting them away'

Geez folks... how about being satisfied with a win? The full transformation to 'good team' is going to take some time... but we're getting there, and the rest of the league is starting to take notice too.

At the end of the season, this game'll just be remembered as a W... because that's all that counts!!

Just my My 2 cents
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:04 am

True, Boss... I just hate to see em go almost completely run when the defense is expecting it. If they went play action and threw it 3-4 yards downfield, it could be as good as a run. Do it after a run or two and watch the LBs and safties freeze in their tracks. It would make running out the clock sooooo much easier :)
Rich in Roanoke

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:40 am

I Agree with both Rich and BossHog.

The Defense also plays a big part in putting teams away. As B. Smith said "When there's blood in the water, we ought to be on it like sharks." Don't give an inch!!!

If the offense can run every play and get 1st downs then awesome, but keeping the ball out of the opponents hands (and keeping our defense off the field and fresh) is key. It's harder to score if they don't have the ball

BossHog - "What I do know is that we're 3-1 and I'm not going to gripe about not 'putting them away" - that's cuz your young and have a full head of hair.

Maybe I should be "Aging Rapidly" Hog!
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:36 am

that's cuz your young and have a full head of hair

Don't be swayed by my youthful appearance... I've got 20 years of Redskin fandom under my belt, and I didn't start until I was a teenager. :-)

I totally agree that you'd like to keep the ball and we didn't... but we did manage to do just enough.

That's progress.

As I said, we're not there yet, but as our confidence builds, so will our taste for victory and our ability to put teams away when we have the opportunity.

Show mw a guy who thought we'd be 3-1 after 4 games, and I'll show you a liar (or a major homer).

redskinsmiley

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:48 pm

i messed up on the yearly rating yesterday. -drinking it's a 90.5 for the the year.
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:54 pm

I would be lying if I said it Boss... I was figuring that we would be at BEST 2-2

I wasn't saying don't run... just throw it a little more even if they are short. Mix it up so defenses aren't getting what they expect so they can key on it.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby redskincity » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:07 am

I hear all this talk but where are the other receivers at :?: I mean we suppose to have a fast team and we are not utilizing all of our resources. I would like to see the OBC go for the kill, Hell everybody else does! My thing is if our defense is going to bend we are going to need a safe buffer zone. That means more 1st downs by all means.

One other thing our offense is not designed to control the clock. We had that last year. We are suppose to score and throw to more than 4 players compared to 9 thrown at by Tom-B. My 2 cents
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:39 am

Didn't we win?

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006