spurrier

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
aka Evil Hog

spurrier

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:37 pm

i love the new approach. but, still, thers no reason to be shy, at the end of the third, why not go for it at 4 & 1? we should have coasted to an easy victory. gotta stay aggresive, hit em in the mouth ya know....
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

piglet

Amen, P-ram

Postby ideagirl » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:44 pm

Agreed!

IG :!:
Redskins Rock & Rule....purely subjective, of course, but it's in my DNA.:) ideagirl@excite.com

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:53 pm

I disagree... my game summary tomorrow is totally based on the conservative brilliance showed by Spurrier today.

... he stayed with his game plan, he didn't try to force things, he trusted his defense, and we're 3-1.

Whether you like the closeness of the end result, the Pats plain ran out of time... they ere playing well, they were coming back... and our sticking with the run game ran enough time on the clock to give us a W. it wasn't quite Gibbs-like, but the end result was excellent.

3-1... with a tough schedule... brilliant. I'm a happy Skins fan right now. We are starting to make people take notice of us.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:57 pm

i agree boss, the W's are what count. but i just wanted to see more of an impact, ya know. it's fine with me if we hit the postseason 12-4 by 3 point victories, but i WANNA see some domination on the scoreboard.
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:11 pm

me, I'm ecstatic with a 3-1 start to a tough schedule. I've said since the schedule was released, if we could be 3-3 after 6 games, we would have a really good shot at the playoffs as the scheduled eased later in the season. Now we're 4 games in and guaranteed that 3-3 record.

Not that I'm willing to concede the next two games, but we beat a tough opponent today... banged up or not. I'm going to bask in the glory of victory.

We don't have to be like the media and not be happy no matter what. Everyone knew it would take a conservative rushing game to win today, and that's what we got. I'm not gonna whine that we didn't put them away or blow them away, I'm just gonna be happy and give SOS his kudos for defying convention.

Eventually everyone's gonna have to stop saying that Spurrier is trying to 'force' his system and recognize that he has checked his ego, adapted his approach, and really started coaching. I'm by no means without my reservations still, but he's showing himself to be worthy of an NFL job this season.

IMO... Steve Spurrier won us the game today.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:23 pm

well, we hit the toughest part of that schedule in the next two weeks, we need a win, one of those weeks..........i'd personaly rather lose to philly and kick tb in the nuts...... :lowblow: we gotta real good chance winning at home against the birds later, the defending champs would really send a message...
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:19 pm

Hey HS - I would rather smackdown the Beagles in Philly than lose to 'em... it would hurt us in the division.

Losing to the Bucs would be better... but beating 'em both might get the Skins the respect they have earned. But.... I doubt it.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006