I fear for P-Ram's life!

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
----

I fear for P-Ram's life!

Postby HitDoctor » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:28 am

This guy is flat out getting his Arse kicked. Partly because he holds the ball too long but mostly because of the blocking scheme (or lack thereof). This guy is one tough hombre and will eventually deliver the mail. It has been well stated in other threads, this o-line is dissappointing.
Nonetheless, I like Spurrier more each week and hope he sticks around. The team is headed in the right direction. They caught a pissed Bucs team yesterday. Would have been a similar result even if they weren't pissed. I think our upside is better than the rest of the teams in our division.
it is what it is

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:13 am

^^^ I agree and disagree with you. The o-line could be better. BUT, they are NOT the main problem. It's Spurrier and his offensive schemes which do not provide adequate blocking from TE's and RB's. Yesterday 3 sacks were on Betts, he simply cannot stop Rice! < That was Spurriers fault.

Simply is this continues, Ramsey is going to be out for the some duration this season.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:49 am

I agree Chris....not to mention the defense failing to adjust. The d on the bootlegs was embarrassing....Johnson's slow ass could have walked in on each.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:14 am

This guy is flat out getting his Arse kicked. Partly because he holds the ball too long but mostly because of the blocking scheme (or lack thereof). This guy is one tough hombre and will eventually deliver the mail.

... just add an 'Amen' to that.

My man Samuels just not getting it done. The commentators put the one sack on the TE yesterday but Samuels moved inside instead of out. They ended up with 3 men on Sapp and a TE on Rice. And he got beat badly a few times. Ugly.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piglet

Postby redskin mark » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:15 pm

You know, I love P-Ram's heart and willingness to stay in the pocket...he'll kick a** for us for a long time because of this. But given the blocking concerns (and SOS' reputation for QB coaching) would it hurt any that after holding the ball for say...a five count...asking P-Ram to roll out to one side to avoid the rush, thus and buying him some additonal time to get the pass off.

From what I see every week, he holds the ball too long at one spot. All opposing D's need to do is game plan to meet at ONE SPOT and they know Ramsey will be there, IMHO.

Moreover, we must get with the RB's and tell them they have to sit and block much more effectively. Man they are a sad bunch in the blocking scheme.

Bottom line, it's not all the O-Line's fault, the other two areas need to be addressed. :roll:
HAIL ARRINGTON...FROM SO CAL.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:55 pm

Well, worse fears realized. At least now I can get some things done around the house on Sunday's. I'm certain they'll start mailing it in from here on. Dallas is going to SMOKE us.
it is what it is

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:51 pm

Make this thread a sticky!!!!!
it is what it is

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:34 pm

Update to HD:

They did smoke P-Ram

I feel sorry for that kid... sheesh - I would hate to feel his pain Monday mornings.
Rich in Roanoke

----

Postby HitDoctor » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:08 pm

This guy will have an 80 year old body at the age of 40. If that happens he should put out a hit on his o-line from this season.
it is what it is

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:26 pm

if i were ramsey, i'd get hurt "jogging" or "at the grocery store", anything to sit out the rest of the season, hell i'd shoot for the IR list, maybe even fake an injury. :cry:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006