What's Wrong with the SKINS - 2 Words . . .

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
Brown in the Hall

What's Wrong with the SKINS - 2 Words . . .

Postby NC43Hog » Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:07 am

PASS RUSH

We don't have one and we can't stop one.

Is Washington the only team in the league that thinks Bruce Smiths' career isn't done - stick a fork in him please!!!

Love him, but at 40 he ain't half what he used to be and nothing of what we need right now.

:explode:
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Site Admin

Re: What's Wrong with the SKINS - 2 Words . . .

Postby BossHog » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:49 am

speek wrote:PASS RUSH

We don't have one and we can't stop one.

Is Washington the only team in the league that thinks Bruce Smiths' career isn't done - stick a fork in him please!!!

Love him, but at 40 he ain't half what he used to be and nothing of what we need right now.

:explode:

At least Bruce gets there... as Siragusa repeated again and again yesterday... until there's a push from somewhere else along that d-line too... it's just too easy to stop one guy.

I can't bring myself to bring down the ONLY pass rusher that we have, and though admit that he's a shell of his former self... he's still head and shoulders above anything else we have.

Wynn is doing nothing to help out pass-rush wise and our DT by committee is working about as well as everyone anticipated.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Brown in the Hall

Re: What's Wrong with the SKINS - 2 Words . . .

Postby NC43Hog » Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:05 pm

BossHog wrote: and though admit that he's a shell of his former self... he's still head and shoulders above anything else we have.

I rest my case. This is nothing against Smith - he is a future Hall of Famer, it is just indicitive of what is wrong with the D and what we haven't addressed in the off season. Granted we had holes to fill and maybe we thought we could bypass the ends - but without Gardner and Big Daddy (he fills a big hole) in the middle this year we are hurting.

Friggin Salary Cap!!
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:42 pm

Hmmm.. I wish they had signed a 350 pound DT to play in the middle, but I can envision the line with Upshaw and Warner on the ends. Might be better, but I don't have any way of knowing other than Upshaw does have a good motor and Warner led the scrub league in sacks.

We could see some improvement if Edwards decides to change the schemes some
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:15 am

i've been impressed with holsey. he's made some plays, and most importantly , is consistant. he's also the one with the most starts and playin time. just need a "hoss" to play beside him. dalton deserves a shot to start and try his case, ladarius definantly needs a few third down reps at end. if we can get the tackles to contain three, and leave the ends in a 1 on 1, the ends could get around the tackles, problem is, there is no chemistry, and this line just dosen't scare anyone. it all comes back down to coaching, blown assignments, playing soft in the first place. with a little more aggressive scheme, we could get a pass rush. gotta trust the corners to get the job done. have a lb or two spy, send one of those safties on a blitz with the other lb. bowen wouldn't have to worry with where he's at on the field if his job is to blitz. he knows where he's coming from. also love the way the eagles line up then audible into a "hidden" blitz. that stuff is awesome. edwards needs to get creative, and most of all aggressive.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:19 am

ladarius definantly needs a few third down reps at end. if we can get the tackles to contain three

Jackson was one of the guys let go yesterday to make room for the two new signees.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:43 pm

^^^ oops. been away since monday. was just getting back here, damn shame, guy actually got to the qb last year. unlike the DE play of current.
THN's resident jerk.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:05 pm

hailskins666 wrote:^^^ oops. been away since monday. was just getting back here, damn shame, guy actually got to the qb last year. unlike the DE play of current.

WHAT??? You didn't log in for a couple of days?

See what happens?

:-)

I guess LaDairis must have been playing bad at practice or something... because he didn't get much of an opoortunity and man could we use the pass rush.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:01 pm

WHAT??? You didn't log in for a couple of days?

busted..... was out of town, so i kinda have an excuse.
THN's resident jerk.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006