I expect we'll see

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
sfir

I expect we'll see

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:47 am

I expect we'll see a lot of draws and screens - look for the hot read passes to the overload side if Carolina brings linebackers. Hue did that last week vs Seattle and Patrick looked a lot more comfortable.

I expect we'll see some pitches out as well as short slants, hitches and crossing patterns. Hue seems to have at least listened to the creaks from Patrick's bones and made adjustments.

I couldn't believe the article about the protection - Laverneus taleked about how the week before the Seattle game the whole offense watched film together - like it was a big deal - seems to me that if you want everyone on the same page you would have done that from the get go! Maybe this is part of the problem - if Spurrier has them so specialized that the players don't realize the common goals of the game plan, no wonder they have looked so discombobulated!

Hm... something to ponder

:-k
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:29 pm

I hope we run the ball outside too, it's the best way to keep Rucker and Peppers as honest as possible... hitches and pitches and sweeps, oh my.

... as opposed to the Panthers who will probably be running straight up the gut.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piggie

Postby REDSKINMARK » Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:07 pm

Good point Rich!!

The Skins were doig some good running coming of the edges on both side of the line.

Just a few questions:

1. Is Hue still calling most of the game?
2. Thus, will we see MORE (god willng) running
plays?
3. Will Russell see more playing time to stuff the run?
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

piggie

Postby The Skins Fan » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:42 pm

Well I do agree with you fellas, only I don't see as many pitches and sweeps...will there be some? Absolutely. But keep in mind no that the Rock is the one carrying the bulk of the workload, and everybody knows that he's a north-south runner that can pound it out...Now I think I remember hearing or reading that Trung is more than likely back this week but don't look at him to get the bulk of the load...he'll be the one more than likely to go off-tackle and outside with his swiftier speed...i do love how edwards called the plays last week, mixing in the pass with the run--Not the other way around...Not only did he mix in the pass, but the play-action looked very promising...Look to see the Rock pound it between the tackles and Trung to go off-tackle, set up play-action, use the hot reads on LB, CB, or S blitzes...I really think that this Panthers D-Line can wear down and be dominated by the Skins at the LOS...Now the Defense on the other hand, well that's a whole seperate issue
Hail to the Redskins...Hail Victory!!!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:43 am

TSF - Edwards is the DC - Jackson is the OC
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006