What about Carnell "Cadillac" Williams?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
piggie

What about Carnell "Cadillac" Williams?

Postby BigCarter28 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:31 am

Cadillac Williams = 1239 rushing yards on 223 attempts with 5.6 yards per attempts, with 15 TD. This guy from Auburn (Former Home of Stephen Davis) would be a great pickup, perhaps in the late first or early second round, who could eventually become a great back. Im confident in his ability because so many good running backs come out of the SEC. And hes has an awsome name, (Bobby Purify from Colorado is a close second). I honestly dont know if hes declared for the draft or not but I know hes a Junior. Does anybody know some great unheralded backs that are entering the draft?

Nasty Nate Hog

Cadillac Williams

Postby Nasty Nate Hog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:30 pm

we all know a running back is only as good as whose infront of him. There's plenty of talent on the O-line that's been poorly directed the past two years (evident by the obvious decline in play of our tackles). If these guys play to their potential- which they will under Gibbs- you or I would be a formidable back. Nevertheless, Greg Jones from Florida State would be a nice fit, as would your boy. Gibbs will come up with somebody who can get the job done, no worries here

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:42 pm

I agree Nasty nate!!

I think that this group was always better suited to going forward in run blocking than backward in pass blocking, and I don't think it will take very long to become dominant at all.

Dockery rolled into a beast in his first season, and that means that Fiore may have to battle with Moore for the center job next season. Regardless, we will have at least 7 very capable starters next year -- Samuels, Jansen, Thomas, Dockery, Moore, Fiore (injury recovery implied) and Winey (who spelled for Samuels very well). Friedman should be re-signed too giving us 8.

I don't think we need to worry about o-line at all.

Oh and a guy named Joe Bugel's back too. He's gonna have a couple of countertreys to add to the playbook and maybe a gut 50 too. These guys are gonna eat that up.

Hogs III... coming soon.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piggie

Postby BigCarter28 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:32 am

well my boy has decided to return to Auburn :cry: , smart move.....I guess. Greg Jones good call, Duce Staley = better call :twisted:

piggie

Postby BigCarter28 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:34 am

because durability and holding on to the football depends on the running back

piggie

duce is the worst call

Postby TopHawg » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:29 am

Duce Staley first of all is turning into a china doll with all the injuries. He's past his prime and in Joe Gibbs' style of offense we can ill-afford to have inconsistancy at that position. Aside from Duce me-me-me attitude I don't like him and think he'll just be a disappointment to skins' fans. Greg Jones or Kevin Jones from Va Tech are the best options right now b/c remember Ol' Joe is here for 5 yrs. What better than a potential premier back for Joe to build around.

Joe's#1Fan

Re: duce is the worst call

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:03 am

TopHawg wrote:Duce Staley first of all is turning into a china doll with all the injuries. He's past his prime and in Joe Gibbs' style of offense we can ill-afford to have inconsistancy at that position. Aside from Duce me-me-me attitude I don't like him and think he'll just be a disappointment to skins' fans. Greg Jones or Kevin Jones from Va Tech are the best options right now b/c remember Ol' Joe is here for 5 yrs. What better than a potential premier back for Joe to build around.

no more me.myself and i players please.(i would leave that up to the bud commercial-no coach i don,t want to go in i,m fine right there on the bench where the camera,s can be right on me .

w/joe back maybe he will look toward the draft in that position as well as the defensive line. :D
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

piggie

Postby BigCarter28 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:14 am

I disagree using such a high pick on a runnning back, when a capable one can be found latter in the draft, duce really isnt a china doll with 4.9 yards per carry, granted he was in a three back rotation, but thats because he held out in training camp and Andy Reid rightly punished his selfeshness, but hes been a team player and still has some juice left in him, especially with a quality offensive line, I dont believe Kevin Jones is the best option, Id rather get Miami TE Kellen Winslow whos too talented a player to skip and adresses an immediate need, damn didnt you read my bros Nasty Nate's post? He makes the great point that a premier back can only be made by a premier line, so why waste a high 1st round pick, might as well give Ladell Betts another chance, or find a good back in the second round
Last edited by BigCarter28 on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

piggie

Postby BigCarter28 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:15 am

Duce became a team player during the season becuase he hasnt complained about splitting the carries amongst his fellow backs

piggie

Postby BigCarter28 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:16 am

1st round 5th pick

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:19 pm

Big carter, while i feel your pain, please use the edit button instead of makin multiple post in a row. just go back and add your statments when you have just a few words to add. it makes the board a little easier to follow. thanks man.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

FatPat

Postby FatPat » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:49 pm

Greg Jones in the second round is the way to go the man is a beast (6'1 245+) and one of the strongest guys on that FSU team I know because I worked at the football complex at FSU last year and he would be there all the time doing ridiculus things especially with his legs. He has decent speed kinda reminds me of a Jamal Lewis type. big strong and fast.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010