4 assistants let go

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Robert K. » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:10 pm

BossHog wrote:Joe Freakin Bugel and Ernie Flippin Zampese man... Jack Breaux was already named RB coach too, and actually 'came with Joe'.

... what's Hue gonna do, get coffee?

Yeah, really... they've already got Vinny Cerato to get the coffee :lol:

Joe Gibbs had to clean house. Does Greg Williams have a big say in the defensive staff? I haven't heard much about what he's been up to so far. I really hope he blends in well here... I don't want him to be the hired gun hotshot defensive coach that's just hanging out here until his name comes up for another head coaching position. Yeah, I know I'm jumping the gun... :P
Robert :D

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:29 pm

They are waiting for the Bills to fire everyone so that Williams can grab a few of his former staff.

I think Williams will be here for a while and won't be so anxious to leap back into the HC ranks until he's learned as much from Mr. Gibbs as he can.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:24 pm

If Williams' ego can be kept in check. I imagine it's hard to go from HC to DC. Ray Rhodes did it. Buddy Ryan couldn't.
Somebody said, "You can't know until you know that you don't know", or something retarded like that.
Probably Yogi. :D
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:31 pm

And if you're looking for a student, I'm not really sure why we're looking past Greg Williams. This guy is a brilliant defensive coach, that lacked the intangibles to make the jump to the big time HC job.

But I'm sure he'll want another kick at the can in about 3-5 years, and he'll be taking to Gibbs like a sponge to water to try and learn all that he can.
i was thinking the same thing. if it works out where gregg makes this home, there may not be a reason for him to leave........
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby Robert K. » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:50 pm

hailskins666 wrote:i was thinking the same thing. if it works out where gregg makes this home, there may not be a reason for him to leave........

That's true. :)
Robert :D

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football