We are going w/the old Chicago Bulls Center approach at DT

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

We are going w/the old Chicago Bulls Center approach at DT

Postby skinsfanno9 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:56 am

It looks like we are going to go with the old Chicago Bulls Center approach at DT - throw lots of stiff at the opponent and hope the rest of the team can pick up the slack. They did win championships that way... :lol:

This might be what we are relegated to, and maybe this will work if we have enough stiffs to keep them all fresh. Imagine in the 4th quarter - our stiffs might be as solid as the other team's tired starters!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:36 am

meanwhile Parcells calls 23 straight running plays up the middle and lets the world know that we can't stop the run.....scary thought

I sure hope we sign some girth up front......I don't see moving undersized, out of position DEs as a solution to this problem.....and we surely don't have Mike at QB.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:51 pm

This right here will make or break the season. If we cannot stop the run, we are going to have a lot of injuries in our secondary for having to stop backs. Trust me, I played CB in highschool and we are not built to stop RB's on a CONSTANT basis. We don't NEED a Warren Sapp but we need some big bodies to atleast take up 1 or two guys to free up our LB's.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:37 pm

hmmm.... maybe stick dockery in as a DT? He is a big enough body - moves forward well, uses his hands well and is young enough to learn the position

Just kidding, but it might come down to that if we can't get something else accomplished - y'all are right - it is a huge hole in our defense.

Rich in Roanoke
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:22 am

Moving Dockery to Dt isn't unprecedented.

Alumni Darryl Grant told us at the Ken Harvey event that he was drafted as an o-lineman and there is even a picture of the Hogs floating around with him in it!!

He wasn't as big as Dockery though... man that guy is massive.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:15 pm

Hey Boss,

The question is can Dockery's run blocking skills (I heard that is his real strength) translate into penetrating an Oline and getting pressure into the backfield?

If he could do it I would flip him in a minute to see how much trouble he could give Fiore or Thomas.

At his size and speed and strength I would imagine he would draw a double team. With another person on the other side of him drawing a single block, we could almost ensure other teams would have to keep a TE in for protection, or a bigger back, limiting their offensive schemes a bit.

Hmmm... maybe pick up Monds at 342, stick Dockery next to him and see if we can pull two double teams on the inside just to keep that beef out of the QB's face :)

Jeez - over 700 pounds of tackle there... I could see the fear in an opposing center's eyes now.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football