Redskins @ Panthers, August 9, Ericsson Stadium

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Redskins @ Panthers, August 9, Ericsson Stadium

Postby pantherfreak » Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:36 pm

I wanted to stop by and say hello, I'm Brad, the operator of the F2FA Panthers Affiliate, Pantherfreaks.com. I'm sure you guys can't wait for August 9th, just as we can't! Wanted to welcome you all to come over to our site and have some nice discussion on the games we play against one another this season, and I've asked my posters if they come and visit here to post with respect and class.

For Preseason week one, you'll be able to find links to our local newspapers and see what kind of smack the writers and players will be talking about your team.

I'd wish you good luck, but I wouldn't mean it :D -

Brad -"freak" of Pantherfreaks.com

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:23 am

Thanks for dropping in Brad.

We hope that any Panthers fan will appreciate us Redskin fans, after all, we let you grab one of the best running backs in the game.

Stephen Davis has (or had) a charity when he was in Washington called Rushing for Remembrance... remind me in an e-mail and I'll send you the URL if you'd like to try and get in touch with them.

Keep us updated throughout the season as to how SD is doing.

For any of you that don't know, we will be linking to the corresponding F2FA site throughout the season each week of a game. You'll have that much more info at your fingertips. All of these sites are top quality sites including Brad's, so make sure you take advantage of the resources.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby newshog » Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:56 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Brad! Looking forward to seeing you again in August. I'd wish you luck, too, but you know. . . . :P

Postby GoKittens » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:09 pm

Hey look...a msg board that is "Falcon Free". How did that happen? :P

Postby pantherfreak » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:07 pm

Thanks fellas -

Your site is top notch... very nicely done!

We are all very excited about Davis being a panther. We all know the story about him being an outcast in Spurrier's offense.

Is it common perception that Davis was "over-the-hill" or is it more of "Dang, we let Davis get away!!!" ? We've thought we had gotten a good player before from you guys *cough* Sean Gilbert *cough*, only to be grossly mistaken. I just want to know what the thoughts are from true skins fans about that situation.

Any info you have about Davis' charities, etc. would be greatly appreciated! Freak@PantherFreaks.com -

Also, how do you think our teams will match up? Is Ramsey your starter, or is it a "competition" as our QB spot currently is?

Thanks -

Brad - PantherFreaks.com

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:55 pm

Well I for one think that Davis was let go because he doesn't fit the system and because he had a RIDICULOUS cap number before we let him go.

You didn't get a washed up back... you got a guy who sells his soul for the team week in and week out.

Anybody who bleeds burgundy and gold would have nothing but good things to say about the guy. He did however, fumble the ball a little more towards his tailend as a Skin.

He gets injured quite often... but he's a warrior, he plays through most of it.

The ONLY thing I'd be leery of is that we put a lot of miles on him here in Washington. He carried the team for a few years.

Ramsey will be the starter... hopefully the finisher too. I'm not pinning a whack of hope on Rob Johnson.

As for how we stack up... we're gonna kick your butt! :moon:

Silly question. :)
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football