Shawn Johnson

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Pursuer of Justice

Shawn Johnson

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:38 pm

Defensive End Shawn Johnson had a hellofa year playing for the University of Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens last year, on their way to the I-AA National Championship.

At times, it really looked like he was playing like a man among boys. Simply put, the guy's a stud.

Because he hails from a I-AA school, he may not even be drafted; however, I really hope the Redskins take a look at this kid.

He's got a ton of talent and he may easily slip under the radar!!!

We already have a guy from Delaware State University playin' for the Skins (way to go Darnerien!). I'd absolutely love it if the Skins could also get a Blue Hen on the team!!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:13 am

Little more on johnson what I saw from him this year was awsome he dominated a few game from his DE position

Honors: A two-year letterwinner in football at Fairport HS...also played baseball and basketball...rated New York's No. 19 prospect by SuperPrep...named to the All-Greater Rochester team as a senior...honorable mention All-American...named to Golden 50 team of New York...recorded 21 sacks for his career, including 11 as a senior...named Most Valuable Defensive Player for sectional and state championship games in 1997...team won state title his junior year...played on offense, catching 20 passes for 227 yards...played in the New York-New Jersey Governor's Cup All-Star game and the Eddie Meath All-Star game in 1999.

At Delaware: 2003: One of the most accomplished transfers in University of Delaware football history...will be eligible immediately per NCAA transfer rules and will have one season to play at Delaware...outstanding talent who transferred from Duke University early in the summer following a three-year career...has the chance to be a dominant force at defensive end at the NCAA I-AA level...adds much-needed talent and depth to defensive front...was recognized by Lindys' Pre-Season Football Magazine as the national I-AA Newcomer of the Year...begins season as No. 2 on depth chart behind Dominic Santoli but is expected to battle for starting spot.

At Duke University: Four-year team member and three-year standout for the Blue Devils...earned outstanding individual honors despite his team's struggles (2-32 over three seasons)...played in 34 career games with 20 starts...finished career with 127 tackles, 28.5 tackles for loss, and 15 sacks...ranks ninth on Duke's career charts in tackles for loss and is fourth all-time in sacks...two-time Academic All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection...2002: Earned first team All-ACC honors at defensive end after leading the league with 12 sacks and 19.5 tackles for loss...was Duke's only first team All-ACC selection...third on team with 73 tackles...played in 12 games with nine starts...earned second team Verizon/CoSIDA Academic All-American honors...recorded career-high 10 tackles against both Northwestern and Florida State...had three sacks vs. Clemson and two each vs. Louisville, Florida State, and North Carolina...2001: Played in 11 games with five starts...tied for 14th on the team with 31 tackles...also had five tackles for loss and two sacks...had season-high nine tackles, including one for loss, vs. Georgia Tech...named to ACC All-Academic team...2000: Played in 11 games with six starts...posted 23 tackles to rank 11th on squad and added four tackles for loss and one sack...started final six games of the season...had season-best five tackles vs. North Carolina State...1999: Did not see game action.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:45 am

I love Shawn Johnson, saw him on tv one time and thought He would look good in B&G. I would use the 5th pick at least to grab him.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:51 pm

Hey Great news for Shawn, he was invited to the NFL combine!!! Looks like folks are taking notice!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:46 pm

Good for Shawn! If people didn't know who he was before....wait and see what they say about him after he participates in the combine!

I'd love it if the Redskins drafted him in the lower rounds!!!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010