Mel Kiper's Mock 1st Round

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
sheckylovejoy

Kiper is high

Postby sheckylovejoy » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:30 pm

As usual, Mel Kiper is high. If there is a single player in college football right now who doesn't fit the Gibbs model, it's Winslow. Let's not forget how classless Miami was, and Winslow in particular, as their streak died this year. Second, Gibbs is all about his TEs blocking, which Winslow is scared to do.

I'd like to see Gibbs trade down, if anything. Both Super Bowl teams show us one thing about the current NFL: stars may fill stadiums, but team chemistry is what wins championships. How many Pro Bowlers are on both teams? I think it's a total of 4 combined.

Hog

Postby Redskins4Life » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:07 am

Second, Gibbs is all about his TEs blocking, which Winslow is scared to do.

I disagree! Did you see the Miami- Tennessee game, when Winslow gave his notorious "soldier" speech. That was the game where he knocked the Sh*T out of somebody. Hes not afraid at all, hes just more of a pass catcher.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:53 am

They might be pushing for OL help - but don't they have both Wills in their secondary as FA?

That might be a huge factor for them...

Of course, losing their DB coach doesn't help them in their evaluations now does it? :)
Rich in Roanoke

~~~~~

Re: Kiper is high

Postby Warmother » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:02 pm

Gibbs is all about his TEs blocking, which Winslow is scared to do.

Gibbs TE do block all the time, but if Winslow is taken He will be used as an H-back I would think. He would still have to block on some running plays but would get a head start doing it.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010