Dalton A Skin!!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Dalton A Skin!!!!

Postby BossHog » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:44 am

The Washington Redskins completed a trade with the Denver Broncos to further bolster the defensive line, trading conditional draft choice to Denver for DT Lionel Dalton. If Dalton participates in 40% of the 2003 season games, Redskins will surrender a fifth round selection, if it is less than 40%, they surrender a seventh round pick. Dalton also agreed to reduce his salary from $1.6 million to $900,000 to join the Redskins. Dalton will most likely obtain a starting DT spot alongside either Jermaine Haley or newly acquired DT Martin Chase.

Full story here

Well the DT spot gets a little better with this move IMO. Smart deal and now we keep Betts.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:47 pm

Yes, this is great news. Still get to keep Betts which is huge and we get a guy who already knows the basics of the Lewis system from being in Baltimore. I was sure he was gonna go somewhere else yesterday when shanahan said the deal would be done in 24 hours. What a pleasant surprise.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:10 pm

I don't like some of the cuts we made today. Molden would have helped a lot and Stephens was impressive in camp. I'm partly mad at the Molden cut b/c I got a card in a couple weeks ago for him to sign and he walked out of the stadium after the game Saturday and walked by and held his kids hands and said he can't sign b/c of the kids. Armstead did that, too. He had one of his kids on his shoulder and didn't sign. I don't like them any less and don't hold it against them, though. It's a little thing, so it doesn't bother me at all. I still support them. LOL :lol: I don't understand the Cannida cut either. What was the point in signing him if they planned on trading for two more DT's anyways? Some might say it's b/c we needed him for a preseason game, but we didn't b/c we could have used our younger DT's like Jackson more extensivly.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:34 pm

I don't like some of the cuts we made today. Molden would have helped a lot and Stephens was impressive in camp.

I wasn't that surprised with any of them. It's hard to keep Stephens if we're going to have 6 WR's and 4 RB's, although he's a good PS possibility if he's eligible.

I don't understand the Cannida cut either. What was the point in signing him if they planned on trading for two more DT's anyways? Some might say it's b/c we needed him for a preseason game, but we didn't b/c we could have used our younger DT's like Jackson more extensivly.

Well we can really only keep 5 DT's at most, so Chase, Dalton, Holsey, Haley and Cowsette make 5 with Zellner being a 6th as a DE who can move inside. Dalton basically took Cannida's spot. I think Jackson will be on the PS as already discussed on the board.

And you can't not take a guy who you think can help you out just because you WANT to sign another guy. Sometimes you have to cover your bases. I think the front office has handled the DT situation very well actually. We got fair deals for both Chase and Dalton when we were in a somewhat desperate situation. We didn't flinch.

And now we have a better situation at DT and just over a week to start beating some opposition!!!!
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piglet

Postby redskinfan » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:12 pm

Man,I thought picking Alex Molden up was the worst thing we could have done.If you watch saturdays game against the Ravens you'll see how terrible he is.He can't tackle or cover.Rashad Bauman looked great and he takes Moldens spot.Thank God!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football