My opening day roster:

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

My opening day roster:

Postby BossHog » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:20 am

here's my prediction for our opening day roster... feel free to disagree wherever you think I've erred:

Offense:

QB - Patrick Ramsey
WR - Laveranues Coles
WR - Rod Gardner
WR - Taylor Jacobs
TE - Robert Royal
RB - Trung Canidate
RT - Jon Jansen
RG - Randy Thomas
C - Larry Moore
LG - Dave Fiore
LT - Chris Samuels

Offense - Rob Johnson, Danny Wuerffel, Kenny Watson, Ladell Betts, Bryan Johnson, Rock Cartwright, Cliff Russell, Patrick Johnson, Darnerian McCants, Zeron Flemister, Derrick Dockery, Lennie Friedman, Wilbert Brown, Brad Bedell, Akil Smith (15)

Defense:

DE - Bruce Smith
DT - Lional Dalton
DT - Martin Chase
DE - Renaldo Wynn
LB - Jessie Armstead
LB - Jeremiah Trotter
LB - Lavar Arrington
CB - Champ Bailey
CB - Fred Smoot
S - Matt Bowen
S - Ifeanyi Ohalete

My backups: Regan Upshaw, Peppi Zellner, LaDairis Jackson, Bernard Holsey, Jermaine Haley, Delbert Cowsette, Antonio Pierce, Kevin Mitchell, Lemar Marshall, Andre Lott, Rashad Bauman, Ade Jimoh (12)

Special Teams -
KR/PR - Chad Morton
K - John Hall
P - Bryan Barker
LS - Ethan Albright

Practice Squad:
Bernard Jackson, Sultan McCullough, Gibran Hamdan, Ricot Joseph, Chris Clemons, Patrick Woodcock

Brad Bedell or Akil Smith might be out-dueled by Pita Elisara for the last o-line backup spots. I put Jimoh on the active roster becaue I figured that we had to carry 4 DB's at least.

Not sure we'll carry both FB's either... both have separate uses, but I think Rock gets the axe if we have to choose one. Johnson is a better blocker.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

piggie

Postby REDSKINMARK » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:22 am

Good Call Boss.

I have a question however, have we seen enough of DT's Chase and Dalton to insert them into the starting line-up?

Just wondering what makes them starters after Holsey and Haley who had such productive games against the Ravens.
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:04 pm

Holsey and Haley did have good games against the Ravens and hopefully they can keep that up. I don't know if Chase and Dalton will unseat H&H as the starters actually. But I had to put something :-)

I just figured that was how the FO was probably hoping that it played out. I haven't seen enough of Chase or Dalton to know whethr they'll start, but I think that the jobs are their's to lose if you know what I mean.

But those 4 names are prtty much interchangeable until the DT situation has a little time to iron itself out. Irregardless, it will be some combination of those 4 that start and add Cowsette as the 5th.

piglet

Postby Rayskins69 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:20 pm

I agree for the most part on your projections, we have too many DT's and RB's and I don't like keeping both Bedell and Smith at OT. The Lineman should be Samueal, Fiore, Moore, Thomas, Jansen with Friedman, Dockery, Bedell and God help us Brown at the backups. Also I would like another S, I know Terrell gets beat but he can play all the DB positions and is a good ST player. Without him you are left with just Bowen, Ohalete, and Lott at Safety. Also, I like the R LB Smith and think he could make the final roster if not the Practice squad.

HTTR.
Ray :wink:

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:25 pm

... oops David Terrell I just forgot to put down.... I'd drop the extra FB (Cartwright) to add Terrell on my list.

As for the o-line... you have 9, I have 10... I'm sure we can get away with 9, but I've heard management comment on how much they like 'these 10 guys'... it just seems like they were going to have a backup at each position.

You're right though... we could easily go with 9 OL and drop A. Smith or Bedell from the list to sgain another roster spot.

piglet

Postby Rayskins69 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:42 pm

I am a huge Rock fan though, to be truthful we have too many Hb's Dt's and maybe six Wr's is too many. I like our Wr's though. But, I believe Watson gets traded in the near future, not that he is the worst, but he is the one we have least invested.

Httr

Ray

:lol:

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football