Maurice Clarett

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
lazyhog

Postby lazyhog » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:32 am

So he's a "punk" for deciding that another year at OSU - remember, average career is less than 4 years - is not worth it compared to another year in the NFL. EGAD! People need to start realizing that college football is just nfl's old boy network, where white men get rich off of athletes who have NO desire to learn anything in the classroom anyways (most of them at least). if he's a "punk", as somebody said, he'll still be a "punk" next year, another year at OSU, or Grambling, or Accountability U will NOT make a difference.

Nobody wants kiddies in the pros. Tragically, there is no rational legal argument to exclude him, nor is there a way to figuratively "spank" him and prevent others from following the same path.

Hog

Postby ferryrich » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:52 am

He MAY not be allowed to play in college next year due to those old offences and more recent ones. If he misses any more time playing, no-one in the NFL would want him anyway. This is his chance to solidify his future.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:10 am

if he's a "punk", as somebody said, he'll still be a "punk" next year, another year at OSU, or Grambling, or Accountability U will NOT make a difference.
yes it would. he sat out his year. he was able to return at the start of this coming up year, his junior year. after which he'd be eligable for the draft. but instead, he "punked" the system.
He MAY not be allowed to play in college next year due to those old offences and more recent ones. If he misses any more time playing, no-one in the NFL would want him anyway. This is his chance to solidify his future.
he would be allowed to play this year. the only reason to sit out would be his own.
i don't think anyone questions the fact that he has the talent to perform at this level. it's just the way he went about getting to this level thats BS. and why does it make a difference if his career starts this year or next? his "average" 4 years, will start sooner now. let's see, shine in college, pick up valuable time in another system, or ride the pine in the NFL for a couple years.....i guess it's all about the benjamins with this kid.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:53 pm

With whom in the NFL ISN'T it about the bling?

If he can play he can play, and he accomplished and proved more in his first year of college than most dream about- certainly more than ANYBODY on the Redskins...

[/quote]

crazyhog

Postby crazyhog » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:03 pm

sorry he "punked" the system, but let's face it, the system was illegal. It has been proved as such in baseball, basketball, hockey, and now football. that's 4 judgments in 4 sports.

he's not art monk, but he loves the benjies just as much as 99% of other athletes/people, it would be foolish to believe otherwise

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:06 pm

If he can play he can play, and he accomplished and proved more in his first year of college than most dream about- certainly more than ANYBODY on the Redskins...
that's nice and all but that wasn't last season, it was the year before. now he's out a whole season. this whole thing didn't make any sense. after the hearing was ruled, he said he didn't know if he'd even enter the draft this year :hmm: what the hell is that? why go to court for it, if you aren't going to enter.
THN's resident jerk.

piggie

Postby TopHawg » Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:32 pm

Nate Hogg wrote:...or even Laveranues Coles to take accountability for getting kicked out of Florida State?

LC took acountability for what he did. what he was upset about is that the school forced HIM to take accountablilty for himself, which he did, and let Peter Warrick slide with a slap on the wrist b/c he's a star. Watch it before you start talking about my homie in the same conext as that pompous pr*ck Clarrett. The biggest downfall to having Clarrett on feild in your uniform is that you know every ones gonna run, jump and hit 100% faster, higher and harder just for a shot at Clarrett. Bad idea.

the 'mudge

Clarette???

Postby Countertrey » Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:47 pm

NO
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

skinnyHog

Postby skinnyHog » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:38 pm

just like they run jump and play defense a little harder for Lebron James?

It doesn't work that way, if you're good you're good. on-the-field-talent rises to the top in every sport

piglet

Postby Insano Hog » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:16 pm

the problem is, maurice isn't good enough to make up for the hardships he may face, unlike Lebron, whose talent is insano crazy. And I'm not even sure that Lebron goes through what maurice will eventually have to face. Think about it, if the skins drafted clarett, do you think that lavar would forgive him and take back the critical words he said at the Pro Bowl? Probably not, and he would probably go at him insano hard during spring training. Do you know of any Cleveland Cavs who attacked lebron during training camp?

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:20 pm

here's a good article from sportsline on the players take on this whole situation.
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7073223
THN's resident jerk.

piglet

Postby Insano Hog » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:37 pm

thanks 666, good article. I liked the part where someone yelled out "poor kid!" after hearing the news. haha.

Postby Nate Hogg » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:39 pm

Clarett looked pretty "insano crazy" to me in 2002- he almost became the first freshman in HISTORY to win the Heisman...

Granted he didn't win it due to injuries, raising questions about his durability, but do you think for one second Clarett's 230 lb frame is less durable than a Trung Canidate (205 lbs) or Ladell Betts? If those chumps can compete in the NFL Clarett will certainly thrive.

Having not played last year means one less year of wear and tear. Don't forget John Riggins took some time off...

Allamericanhog

Postby Allamericanhog » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:48 pm

Okay, mr. "INSANO", your comments about players in practice attacking each other belies the sad truth that you have never participated in a team sport in your life before. Figure Skating doesn't count either. Riiight..we draft and sign clarrett and then lavar tries to "attack" him, maybe he'll do it INSANO-style - that would really hurt.

Are you really insano?

piglet

Postby Insano Hog » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:47 pm

Sorry to anger some people; I was exaggerating the situation. Also, I never said that Clarett wasn't good, I just don't believe he has the kind of talent Lebron has in Basketball. Also, the point of the message was to disagree with the quote, "just like they run jump and play defense a little harder for Lebron James?" because I don't believe that NBA players do that.

Allamericanhog, I indeed DO participate in "team sports," and not just ice skating. just kidding.

And no, I'm not really insano.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010