What Concerns do you have going into the season?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

What Concerns do you have going into the season?

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:06 am

What Concerns do you have with The Skin's going into week 1?

What Improvments would you make?

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:12 am

My concerns are how well the defensive line rotation experiment will work.... and, I still think we need to find another safety to go along with Bowen.

I think that we need to rely on Trung too, so I'm hoping that he can 'distance himself' from the pack so to speak, and really establish himself as the #1 guy. The running game is very much an afterthought in the Fun 'N Gun and Trung's speed makes him the IDEAL guy if he can just a) hold on to the ball and b) catch the ball out of the backfield.

My only other major concern is our punting game... because Bryan 'Look how mashed my face is' Barker was one of THE worst punters in the NFL last year and buried us many times with poor kicks. I'm hoping Morton will single-handedly help the return side of ST's, though I haven't seen much evidence of it so far. I guess I'm the only guy around that points an accusatory finger at Mike Stock and wonders how he still has a job..

I'm actually excited about this team. I think our offense wll be much improved and our defense will (hopefully) be about the same.

Get on a good roll early (despite the tough schedule) and we could be looking at a 10-6 season and a playoff berth.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:59 am

How do you think P.Ramsey will do this season and do you think you will re-sign Lavar Arrington...Can you afford to?
Welcome Home Coles

Postby Sir Mean bro » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:03 pm

Sir Smizzy...I love it :shock:

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:18 pm

This board has been INVADED.....
Welcome Home Coles

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:14 pm

This board has been INVADED.....

... and by a pair of Sirs.

It feels like the offseason must have felt to a Jets fan. :wink: Oh wait, did u come over from JetsInsider... I should be a more gracious host...

... Welcome to the board. I won't ask where the names originate from... some thing are just better left unsaid :-)

As for Lavar... he'll get signed. Who knows if we'll be able to field 53 players after we sign him, but L.A will definitely get re-signed.

P-Ram looked good in training camp, but it's early days yet. We Redskin fans are hoping there's no sophomore jinks and he can just build off of his progress last year. Tough kid... tons of upside, but still pretty green.

Thanks for dropping by guys.
Last edited by BossHog on Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:32 pm

yes we are from the jets insider.com.....we just came
over to say hi talk football....Good luck Next week.

You guys are welcome to come visit the Greatest Message Board on the net.....JetsIndiser.com.

All friendly banter welcome.

Ill be back all week to chat with you Hogs.....

Jets 35 Redskins 21
Welcome Home Coles

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:42 pm

Boss, I think you are right on the call on Mike Stock. I have wondered quite loudly in moments who is protecting him and his job. In training camp, we never saw much in the way of special teams work and I think it shows on the field now. I have to wonder why our guys, out of most teams in the NFL can't keep containment. I know that is broad generalization, but it feels like that watching guys get good returns.

I think they did much better in the Jags game for the most part though, so I think I might give him this last season to convince me, as if I had a choice.

I think Barker did poorly last year, but realizes it and worked this offseason to fix it, if his kicks are any proof of it.

I think the teams in the league who underrate us due to the DL are going to be in for a shock after seeing Chase and Dalton in the Jags game. They made a difference with little or no practice at all. Hey Boss? You called Dockery the Condominium? I would call Chase the Apartment Building :)

Welcome on board Jets fans - say hi to Vinnie for us :)
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:48 pm

Yeah you guys have a nice board over there. We just started the board a few weeks before training camp, so we're going to catch you soon. :P

I'm sure I'll see you on both boards this week. I need the humor... Jets 35, Redskins 21... now that's funny.

Maybe if Chad Morton and Laveranues Coles forget which way to run. :-)

Redskins 27, Jets 17

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:50 pm

And a TD reception by Coles with Thomas pancaking your DT and Morton blocking downfield after the catch, with Hall kicking the extra point :)
Rich in Roanoke

Postby Sir Brooklyn Jet » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:53 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:And a TD reception by Coles with Thomas pancaking your DT and Morton blocking downfield after the catch, with Hall kicking the extra point :)

Which DT is Randy going to pancake? DeWayne the Bowling Ball with butcher knives? Or Chester 'The Glock' McGlockton?

Jets 35 Redskins 21
Laveranues Coleslaw?

Jets 28 - Redskins 13

Postby Sir Brooklyn Jet » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:54 pm

Good luck though guys. Here's to a good game!
Laveranues Coleslaw?

Jets 28 - Redskins 13

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:58 pm

As an outsider lookin in i would think you guys should be a little concerned with having to OVERPAY mediocre player just to come play for you...Now with Chump bailey holding spoiled Danny boy over the fire for all the money he can,you have to wonder what will it cost you to get a superstar to come play for you.
Will you have enough to keep L.Arrington?

Then again what does any of this matter when you go 5-11 and dont make the playoff's :lol:

Im looking forward to watching Our defensive line in your backfeild all night .....
Welcome Home Coles

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:04 pm

Laveranues Coleslaw

... like in 'shredding the Jets cabbage-like secondary into Coleslaw'?

Yeah... I'd be much happier with Chrebet.... that is if I had no choice and had to be. :-)

HTTR

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:12 pm

Coles is a great receiver...but when you have Patricia ramsey throwing the ball what does it matter?

*jets secondary has 2 picks on ramsey.
*Coles 5-88-0td's

Santans Moss,La Turtous Coles whats the difference?
Welcome Home Coles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football