What Concerns do you have going into the season?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:13 pm

Not to mention your own board is predicting the Jets to be 6-10 and maybe go 0-3 to start.

I love the Vinny Testaverde lover on there - talking so bad about the best passer in the NFL in Pennington. Of course he throws dinks and dunks - that same west coast offense won the Niners 5 superbowls.

I wish you luck, just a little less than my Skins... you understand.

And, by the way, Chester will be the pancake :)
Rich in Roanoke

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:16 pm

I would put Ramsey's arm up against Pennington's wrist and Vinny's knee any day :) (Especially since Vinny trips over his own feet and takes himself out for a season)

Oh- did I forget Curtis "1.8 yd avg" Martin? :lol:
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:29 pm

You have Bubkiss for a running game and your QB is fair to moderate at best.
Your not even a playoff caliber team.

Hail to the spendskin's :roll:
Welcome Home Coles

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:34 pm

Ah, well, we shall see, shan't we?

We haven't shown much of a running game for sorting out our backup QB situation and evaluating our WR position.

I think people will learn the logic behind the bad preseason showing of the Skins... they were hiding their plays instead of broadcasting 'em like they did last year.

Keep in mind that no one saw Trung for more than 4-5 carries per game, our offensive line usually had a backup or two playing for evaluation purposes and we threw 35 times a game before you judge how effective our ground game is.

Personally, I still believe that we have been game planning for 2 weeks for the Jets and it will look a lot different between what we did in the preseason and in Game 1 against the Jets.
Rich in Roanoke

Postby Sir Brooklyn Jet » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:47 pm

SirSmizzy wrote:Coles is a great receiver...but when you have Patricia ramsey throwing the ball what does it matter?

It's like giving your 16 yr old a Ferrari. You definately overpaid, and he really can't use it properly. But it's a fun toy for Daddy Snyder to look at.

Abraham 2 sacks
McGraw 1 int
Jets 35 Redskins 21
Laveranues Coleslaw?

Jets 28 - Redskins 13

Postby Sir Brooklyn Jet » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:50 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:Keep in mind that no one saw Trung for more than 4-5 carries per game, our offensive line usually had a backup or two playing for evaluation purposes and we threw 35 times a game before you judge how effective our ground game is.

Yes, but we've seen Trung before in the regular season, and he sucks. :lol:
Laveranues Coleslaw?

Jets 28 - Redskins 13

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:51 pm

Well, I suppose you can say that, but I have seen the beginning of a beautiful relationship between Coles and Ramsey - a guy who can throw the ball anywhere on the field and a guy who can catch it well.

Abraham? Whodat? Some guy from the Bible you are dredging up to scare me? Have you seen our OT lately? Simply called one of the best tackle tandems in the NFL? We shall see.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:51 pm

I've always wondered what SOUR GRAPES sounded like... guess now I know.

QB is fair to moderate at best

... really? Bold presumption considering I'm a die hard and I don't know what Ramsey ois capable o not capable of yet. Funny... you would have got that 'fair to moderate' response out of ANYBODY last year if you asked about Pennington... now he's all world... well, all broken... but all world when he's well.

Coles is a mediocre receiver?

Tell me... if I go through the archives of your message board and look for your previous posts when Coles was still a Jet... is that what I will find? 'Geeze this guy's really average... lucky for us we got 1300 yards out of him this year.'

I doubt it. we all know that he's a good receiver, and while the signing bonus was too high... the overall contract value was not. We only set such a high signing bonus because we knew the Jets were such peasants that they wouldn't ante up... just like with Morton.

You know... I listen to people make fun of Danny boy all day long... and I understand... really I do. Not all Redskin fans think the sun shines out of Snyder's glory hole... but man... it's a helluva lot better than having a couple of cheap bastages running the team ain't it?

I expect we'll see a really, really heavy dose of Curtis Martin for two reasons... 1) our run D is probably our biggest weak point and 2) who the heck are the Jets gonna throw to? Santana Moss.... puh-lease.

Of course your team all headed to the SpendSkins... they were too ashamed to keep playing for the New York Peasants.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Postby Sir Brooklyn Jet » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:52 pm

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:Oh- did I forget Curtis "1.8 yd avg" Martin?

With your lackluster defensive line rotation, 1.8 yds magically becomes 4 yds. :lol:
Laveranues Coleslaw?

Jets 28 - Redskins 13

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:56 pm

The jetsons couldn't have beaten the Skins with Pennington (who will never be the same) without Coles....and a floppy left wrist.....kinda like most Jet fans eh? Too bad now they'll have an excuse with Vinny Testy at the helm.

Ramsey 18-28-2tds
Morton 68 punt return td
Skins 24
Jets 6
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Postby Sir Brooklyn Jet » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:56 pm

BossHog wrote:Of course your team all headed to the SpendSkins... they were too ashamed to keep playing for the New York Peasants.

Hey, if Snyder wants to hamstring his team by handing out huge signing bonuses to Wide Recievers, Guards, Kickers and Return men, that's his choice. But last I checked, its a level playing field with the salary cap, and when Bailey and Arrington seek greener pastures because the aforementioned players got their paydays, that's going to hurt.
Laveranues Coleslaw?

Jets 28 - Redskins 13

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:57 pm

With your lackluster defensive line rotation, 1.8 yds magically becomes 4 yds. :lol:

Um - part of that rotation involved starters sitting out so they would be fresh and uninjured (betcha wish Herm had thought of that) for the real games.

Part of that rotation was testing backups against frontliners to see how they would do, as you well know. :)

Part of that rotation just got here and did very well against the Jags without knowing the scheme at all... so I look forward to them participating more against your team. (Chase and Dalton) These guys are huge and against your new guards, I expect we might be seeing Husak before the end of the game, and I shudder for you at that thought ::shudder::

:twisted:
Rich in Roanoke

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:03 pm

[quote] Yes, but we've seen Trung before in the regular season, and he sucks [\quote]

Hrm... I don't think so - he did fairly well in relieving Faulk. He hasn't had hardly any carries, and if he is a bust we can always call on Chad on third down to catch the ball out of the backfield to get the first.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:07 pm

when Bailey and Arrington seek greener pastures because the aforementioned players got their paydays, that's going to hurt.

We already offered Champ a fair contract, so I'm not that concerned if he leaves... great player... still overrated. Even Redskins fans know that... have a look at some of the threads over the past few days.

Besides Champ will get tagged anyway if they can't reach an agreement.

Lavar won't leave... we won't let him. In fact... the Redskins will limit how much they pony up and pay Champ just to make sure there's enough for Arrington.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:24 pm

BossHog wrote:Coles is a mediocre receiver?

Tell me... if I go through the archives of your message board and look for your previous posts when Coles was still a Jet... is that what I will find? 'Geeze this guy's really average... lucky for us we got 1300 yards out of him this year.'

I doubt it. we all know that he's a good receiver, and while the signing bonus was too high... the overall contract value was not. We only set such a high signing bonus because we knew the Jets were such peasants that they wouldn't ante up... just like with Morton.

You know... I listen to people make fun of Danny boy all day long... and I understand... really I do. Not all Redskin fans think the sun shines out of Snyder's glory hole... but man... it's a helluva lot better than having a couple of cheap bastages running the team ain't it?

I expect we'll see a really, really heavy dose of Curtis Martin for two reasons... 1) our run D is probably our biggest weak point and 2) who the heck are the Jets gonna throw to? Santana Moss.... puh-lease.

Of course your team all headed to the SpendSkins... they were too ashamed to keep playing for the New York Peasants.

I said coles was a great receiver....its your QB or lack there of...

and our players just like eversingle over the hill vet you brought in were overpaid for....like i said just wait till you see what bailey and arrington want

WHEN we destroy the washington DEADskins...ill be back to rub it in for sure

hey i hear Doug williams wants to make a comeback... :roll:

Jets 35 deadskins 21
Welcome Home Coles

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football