High School RB Adrian Peterson

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

High School RB Adrian Peterson

Postby Redskins4Life » Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:59 pm

When I first heard Maurice Clarett was eligible for the draft along with any other underclassmen, I thought for sure no high schooler would think about entering the draft... But I was wrong. Theres a very talented RB named Adrian Peterson from Palestine HS in Texas. I read an article on him saying how he was thinking about entering the draft and that he knows that " He could pretty much outrun the whole Dallas Cowboy team"(cant fault him for saying that :lol: ). He committed to Oklahoma at the end of the HS season, but now says he wants to keep his options open. Anyway, do you think this kid is crazy enough to enter the draft, and if he does will he get drafted?
A little feedback please!

Junior Hog

Re: High School RB Adrian Peterson

Postby Jake » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:18 pm

Redskins4Life wrote:When I first heard Maurice Clarett was eligible for the draft along with any other underclassmen, I thought for sure no high schooler would think about entering the draft... But I was wrong. Theres a very talented RB named Adrian Peterson from Palestine HS in Texas. I read an article on him saying how he was thinking about entering the draft and that he knows that " He could pretty much outrun the whole Dallas Cowboy team"(cant fault him for saying that :lol: ). He committed to Oklahoma at the end of the HS season, but now says he wants to keep his options open. Anyway, do you think this kid is crazy enough to enter the draft, and if he does will he get drafted?
A little feedback please!

I think he is a bigger joke than Clarret. Let's put it this way, if he comes on to an NFL field, I will have to go on there and knock him out myself! j/k he would kick my butt! :lol: But seriously, this stuff has gotta stop. I don't understand what this kid is thinking. Even if I was playing HS football, I wouldn't be too full of my self to wanna go straight to the NFL. That would be stupid. Basketball and football are two WAY DIFFERENT sports. If HS players wanna declare for the NBA Draft, good, because it is a lot less physical than football. Adrian, don't be stupid!
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:28 pm

Yes, the draft is open for high-schoolers....but I think anyone would be an absolute idiot to try to be drafted out of high school!

If you want the big "bling bling" in your rookie contract, you better have some college ball under your belt!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:46 pm

GIve me a break, most of the high schoolers who jump to the NBA could use at least 2 years in college to mature and learn some fundamentals. K. Brown in Washington is just now starting to pay some dividends in his 3rd year.

It would be really easy for the league to beat this if all the owners would agree not to draft out of high school - but getting them to agree might be harder than this kid making it straight outta HS. just my My 2 cents
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:11 pm

NC43Hog wrote:It would be really easy for the league to beat this if all the owners would agree not to draft out of high school

As soon as that happens the league's gonna have another lawsuit on their hands.

There's always one and it's only going to take one team to draft some kid and he ends up doing OK...then all he!! gonna break lose b/c team will feel the pressure like the NBA to find the next Kobe, KG and James. It's a sad state of affairs but it's also reality!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby Redskins4Life » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:44 pm

I agree with all of you guys. The only thing im scared of, is that this kid will come in the league and tear everyone up. If that happens for some strange reason, all highly touted high schoolers would consider bolting for the pros. But back to Adrian, do you guys think he has a chance of getting drafted if he enters, and what round?

piggie

Postby BigCarter28 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:58 pm

he will get injured and ruin his career, no NFL team would be stupid enough to waste a draft pick on a highschooler,

I mean I played High School Football, I mean here is a kid who thinks that after playing a bunch of 17 year olds hes now ready to play against a Ray Lewis , getting hit by Ray Lewis would be a tad bit different experience than getting hit by a slow, unathletic, fat kid such as myself

The only way I can see a highschooler having success in the NFL is if he were a kicker
Last edited by BigCarter28 on Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:01 pm

something else for all these HS kids to consider is once you decalre yourself eligible for the draft, you can't play college football at that point. there is no second option or saftey net to catch them. BUT, if that happens, it'll only be a matter of time before a kid whines to the courts that that isn't fair either, and here goes round two :roll:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:45 am

I don't see a team taking him... maybe if he goes undrafted and gets forced to sign one of those undrafted contracts for 35k a year that will show these kids that the NFL ain't the NBA... it is so much more of a mental game as well as physical.
Rich in Roanoke

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:00 pm

BigCarter28 wrote:he will get injured and ruin his career, no NFL team would be stupid enough to waste a draft pick on a highschooler,

I mean I played High School Football, I mean here is a kid who thinks that after playing a bunch of 17 year olds hes now ready to play against a Ray Lewis , getting hit by Ray Lewis would be a tad bit different experience than getting hit by a slow, unathletic, fat kid such as myself

The only way I can see a highschooler having success in the NFL is if he were a kicker

Forget about Him even playing Ray Lewis, unless He's on the Ravens, I don't see Him surviving the training camp of what ever team He's on. Some FA DB who played 4 years in college will knock his D$*k off. :twisted:
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Hog

Postby Redskins4Life » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:15 pm

If his body was somewhat mature enough, if I was a GM I would maybe take a chance on him in the 7th round. That way, even if he ruined his career, I wouldnt have given up too much.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010