Prediction's for the Jets game

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:37 am

Oh yeah - then you bring in Brooks "where is my diaper" bollinger or Todd "I can't make a roster except as a 3rd stringer on a desparate team" Husak. I saw you signed Jamie Martin as a 4th QB. With Szott and Smith starting at guard you will need him. Maybe by Friday.
Rich in Roanoke

piglet

Postby JonEJetsters » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:39 am

I predict you guys get ZERO sacks.

Why you are knocking Szott....the guy is a stud. Got nothing better to throw at me?

All that I know...that Swiss Cheese DL will get pummeled on Thursday....ank maybe you're #1 D-lineman Bruuuuuuuuuuce calls it a career!!
Coles.....Dead
Thomas....Dead
Hall......Dead
Morton....Dead
Spurrier..Fu*k Him

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:43 am

the jets do have a hatred for the nfc east this year. skins take their starting lineup, giants take their qb for the season. or maybe that was planned by the jets cheap ass front office, so that chad won't have any barganing leverage when the jets "try" to resign him in the spring.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:43 am

I know you hate Bruce cause he ate your QBs for lunch, but the man is an awesome presence. I have watched him since he played here at Virginia Tech where he crushed QBs and hated to see him go to the Shills.

We'll get a sack. We'll get three or four if I read our def. coord. intentions correctly.

I knock Szott for two reasons - I'm not all that impressed with what I have seen of him and two, because you are here and I can, just like you with Snyder :)

Seriously, the right side of your OL is hurting even discounting Szott. Mawae goes down and you are in deep poop.
Rich in Roanoke

Postby Bob the Jets Fan » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:45 am

Actually, I DO worry about Champ Bailey. He's a great player who is going to have a career year. He's auditioning for the free agent market because he knows Washingtom doesn't have the cap space to sign him.

Gave it all to Cole$ and Morton, dont ya know. D'oh!
Bob the Jets Fan
Visit my website!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:47 am

roanoke....deep poop, thats classic
THN's resident jerk.

piglet

Postby JonEJetsters » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:48 am

skinsfaninroanoke wrote:I know you hate Bruce cause he ate your QBs for lunch, but the man is an awesome presence. I have watched him since he played here at Virginia Tech where he crushed QBs and hated to see him go to the Shills.

We'll get a sack. We'll get three or four if I read our def. coord. intentions correctly.

I knock Szott for two reasons - I'm not all that impressed with what I have seen of him and two, because you are here and I can, just like you with Snyder :)

Seriously, the right side of your OL is hurting even discounting Szott. Mawae goes down and you are in deep poop.

I know you talk sh*t about Szott....which makes me realize you know nothing of him....or the Jets!!

The Jets late season surge was due in large part to Szott coming back late in the year.

Keep Smith....he's like an old dog.....just can't let him go.....even though he can't walk anymore!!
Coles.....Dead
Thomas....Dead
Hall......Dead
Morton....Dead
Spurrier..Fu*k Him

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:49 am

hey boss, where's the hot chick on the frontpage, jets insider got a babe chillin, whats up.
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:53 am

Hey hail - have I grown any yet? I can talk smack - just choose to do so in a more football oriented setting :)

Deep poop - following the board rules about no cursing - trust me - I could curl your toes being ex military where every third word began with "f" and the adjective almost always did. I just choose not to anymore :)

I would worry about Champ too...and please don't forget that we have offered him over 6 mil a year and we know it is going higher. A lot of the money paid to these people, like Champ will be long term (9 years) and not as bad as you make it out to be. Plus the cap keeps going up and the contract gets renegotiated in a couple of years and you know that won't go down.

I am not worried about Arrington staying... where would he want to go play? New York? yeah... sure.

Trust me. Dan will pay for it - and he will give a lot in signing bonus to defray costs. Arrington will sign due to getting a massive amount guaranteed as the bonuses are all that IS guaranteed.

Don't worry your little green head about it.
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:57 am

roanoke, don't get me wrong, i liked it, i'm actually still trying to control the little giggles i got from it. i figured you were just tryin to follow the rules. and yes they are growin. keep up the good work.
THN's resident jerk.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:08 pm

Actually, the comeback was mostly related to Chad Pennington and the dinking and dunking offense actually functioning under his care. Actually the Jets were pretty good last year, but that was with some players you don't have anymore.

Szott is ok but he wasn't that great. But what about Smith and MacKenzie? Two no namers who will leak like a sieve this year. Smith will ball up his fists and cry like a baby the first time some team stunts on him, and Mackenzie will stand there with his finger up his nose watching Arrington blur past him to slam the QB to the turf.

Y'all only allowed 32 sacks last season, but I bet that will go up.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:21 pm

hailskins666 wrote:what's with all this BS about overpaying morton, as i seem to recall the jets did "try" to match the offer sheet to retain him. notice the key word "try"...... cheap bastards, now watch all the the money you guys saved get you nowhere....... ASSCLOWNS Monkey

This is what you offer up as football talk?
We did match mortons offer,but it was a REDSKIN SEASON ticket holder who ruled that even though the jets went to the NFL to make sure the contract was right and they told them it was....then you ticket holder decides that he should go to the skins.....you guys are a joke
Welcome Home Coles

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:24 pm

Yo Smizzmeister - your owner was the idiot who let him be the mediator AFTER being informed that the man was a season ticket holder - he could have stood aside but you man said no.

Besides - he isn't the one talking about football talk - I am :)
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby SirSmizzy » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:32 pm

I hear ya....

Im not responsible fot these guys....

All these"cheap" comments made by hailskins are pathetic.How can 31 other NFL teams be cheap,maybe you did actully spend to much?is that possible?
Welcome Home Coles

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:45 pm

I'll let you know if we get to the playoffs and beyond ::grin::

Seems to me that the only team we raided with a potential starting WR that left themselves so open was the Jets. Do you think it is possible that your team tried too hard to save cap space and screwed up?

Maybe Snyder did screw up, but I don't think so - they have systematically been addressing all of our weak spots this offseason, and doing so rather wisely I thought. Yes we paid - but it isn't much more than most teams pay their starting flankers who are of Coles' caliber on the field.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football