TWT: Redskins add cap expert, four others

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

TWT: Redskins add cap expert, four others

Postby newshog » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:59 am

Redskins add cap expert, four others
By Mark Zuckerman, The Washington Times

The Washington Redskins hired Eric Schaffer, staff counsel for one of the nation's largest sports marketing firms, as contract negotiator and salary cap expert.

Schaffer, a licensed agent who previously headed the legal team at IMG Football, joined the Redskins' front office this week and has begun working for owner Dan Snyder and vice president of football operations Vinny Cerrato.

Click here for the rest of the article.

Hog

Postby newshog » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:26 am

Ran across this article about one of our new scouts:

Dupree signs as Redskins scout
Jimmy Watson, The Shreveport (LA) Times

Former Oklahoma running back Marcus Dupree, who recently served as the general manager for the Bossier City Battle Wings, is making his first administrative foray into the National Football League.

Dupree has signed a one-year deal with the Washington Redskins to serve as a college player scout. He will evaluate potential pro football prospects in the Southwest Region including visiting schools in Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and some from the Pac-10.

"I'm very excited about this opportunity, particularly the area I will be scouting," Dupree said. "I'll spend a lot of time at Oklahoma, where I'll have the opportunity to see a number of the teams I'll scout come in."

Dupree will do background checks, watch game film and see live action of the prospects in his region, reporting to Redskins college scouting director Scott Campbell. He'll report to training camp on July 24 with the other four college scouts and will spend 10 days observing current Redskins signees.

Click here for the rest of the article.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football