Cuts!!!!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

Cuts!!!!

Postby BossHog » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:04 pm

According to the Washington post the Redskins released:

QB Danny Wuerffel
RB Kenny Watson
TE Kevin Ware
WR Patrick Woodcock
OL Pita Elisara and Brad Bedell
DL Delbert Cowsette and Bernard Jackson
DB Ricot Joseph
LB Clifton Smith
QB Gibran Hamdan (not released yet but informed he will be)

Chris Clemons placed on the injured reserve list because of a sprained shoulder.

Here's the full article
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:52 pm

Stunned. Absolutely stunned.

I keep wanting to give The Danny an ever-increasing benefit of the doubt, but moves like this keep knocking him down to Square 0.

:evil:

When I first read this, I was crying ..... now I can't stop laughing.

Something deep inside me wants this to blow up in their face.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

swine

Postby learnnew » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:03 pm

Unless something happens during a game where both Ramsey and Johnson get hurt, I think they should be fine. Come on, is any one going to believe that Danny Wuerffel is going to get a day job with any team other than Skins? I think thats the reasoning behind the move. Now Watson, I don't know. Thats tough decision there! But what do we know? So I guess we got to trust the coaches there. In any case, seriously, I don't see much of an issue about this 2 QB thing!

HTTR
Go Skins! For 10-6 or higher!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:15 pm

i made a post earlier about having only 2 qbs on the roster, and it kinda worried me at the time. but after thinking about it a little while, i think some good may come out of this. unless a really really strange situation comes about we probably only need two anyway, with one (hamden-unless he gets picked up) on the practice squad. the good part is, and i'm guessing its coincidence, but snyder made the decision to release wuerffel, so maybe snyder did it on purpose to STOP the qb musical chairs. either way ramsey will have a year to learn, barring any injury, without having to worry about losing his job, one less thing on his mind is probably a plus. and we all know spurrier isn't that fond of r. johnson.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby tx_skins_fan » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:42 pm

I'm upset that Cowsette is gone. I think he has been solid the last couple of years. Someone will pick him up I guess.
oops....sorry!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:20 pm

The problem I saw with Cowsette was that he weighed 280 and was getting muscled around by 300+ pound guards and centers. The line, with him in it, kept getting pushed backwards against the Jags, but watching again today Dalton and Chase stood 3 OL straight up in several plays. 30 extra pounds in your DT can make that much difference I suppose. Speed is great, but I think smaller and faster on the inside is a very big mistake.
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

If you were Snyder and Spurrier told you...

Postby skinsfanno9 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:06 pm

If you were Snyder and Spurrier told you that Danny had the best pass rating in preseason and wanted to have him be the primary backup, would you be worried?

If I was Snyder, I would be seeing last season all over again. I would be scared off my seat if Ramsey had a bad game...in would come redskins death #14.

Again, he's fine as a backup, but if I was Snyder and was worried that Spurrier still has a blind spot for Danny, I might make the same decision.

Lets hope it works out...

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:14 pm

I agree. I believe that their relationship goes beyond coach and player to very good friends and that Steve will always be keeping one thought to bring Danny "Death to the Offense via Interception" Wuerffel in.

I know he was good at Florida but the game got too fast for him on this level. He can't even sidestep a falling down DT for a sack.

I counted, on the drive after the TD, THREE passed floated two feet over open WR heads in the end zone. I bet Ramsey could have completed at least two of the three - especially the one to the WR straight in front of him in the end zone. I haven't liked him since I saw him at camp and saw how lightly thrown his passes were compared to Johnson and Wuerffel. I still say pick up O' Donnell and get rid of someone like Frantz who isn't really needed.
Rich in Roanoke

lakelandgator

Where is Danny????

Postby lakelandgator » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:59 am

Does anyone have a clue as to where Danny Wuerfell is going to, or where he is at now?

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:21 pm

Does anyone have a clue as to where Danny Wuerfell is going to, or where he is at now?

I saw him waiting tables at Sweet Water Tavern the other day. He wasn't that good (kept spilling the drinks on the refills) but I tipped him well anyways...
Last edited by skinsfanno9 on Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:12 pm

I saw him wating tables at Sweet Water Tavern the other day. He wasn't that good (kept spilling the drinks on the refills) but I tipped him well anyways...

ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO ROTFALMAO
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football