got my fingers crossed.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
aka Evil Hog

got my fingers crossed.

Postby hailskins666 » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:28 pm

just sittin here watchin a couple games i taped from last year. of course then it was line problems, middle of the o-line, this year have we done the exact opposite,with the middle of the d-line? it's really hard to rate the d-line performance watchin the preseason, but do you guys think the group of newbies will have developed enuff chemistry by gametime thursday to contribute?(speaking of contributing, i'm watching the game at nyg last year, and daryl gardner just stuffed tiki while shedding a double team, man why did we let that guy leave?) but anyway my point was i don't see why we would go after the interior o-line help at the expense of a good thing in what was a good d-line. i agree wilkinson should have been cut, i think our "no names" will get more than 17 tackles for us this season. we have been terrible against the run for about as long as we've been without a kicker, i think gardner would have been worth the $$$.(even though he made a really dumb off field move by hurting his wrist in a fight) anyway somebody correct me if i'm wrong. like the post reads, i got my fingers crossed.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:39 pm

I think we will be better than people are expecting right now. Do I think we will be top of the line? Probably not. I watched the last preseason game a couple of times and watched the Dline play. Like I told a couple of the Wets fans, the line play looked entirely different when Dalton and Chase were in there or even if it was one or the other. They have a demanding physical presence that was interesting to watch.

Keep in mind that before last year Gardener was a good player but not great that people were terming as trouble that hasn't played up to his potential. I am glad he wasn't here when he got into a fight - in D.C. he wouldn't have just broken his wrist - he probably would have been shot. I mean Denver is a milquetoast city comparatively.

I don't think it will be great, but all they have to do is hold up OL so the LB can nail the back. Dalton was consistently playing on the other side of the OL wreaking havoc in the backfield, but if he just stands still and doesn't move backwards it is an improvement. With Dalton and Chase, we are better in one way than last year - two physical guys who can stop the run as opposed to one really good one and one overpaid whiny guy who constantly missed tackles and never penetrated the backfield.

Just my My 2 cents

But for now I have to go give a friend a ride cause his car died on him - take it easy!
Rich in Roanoke

Postby JetManson » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:38 pm

Smell my finger.

Mary J. Blige is in the house.
Don't you know I'm the one that's doing all these killings?!

Hog

Postby tx_skins_fan » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:45 pm

Denver is a very tough city if you're a Steelers LB. Did you hear what happened to Porter from Pittsburgh? Shot in the a*s in Denver. I shouldn't be laughing, but I can't help it.
oops....sorry!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football